The reason why Tim Tebow...

canbuffan34

You want the reason why Tebow becomes a Bill...becaue he slips to the late rounds...lmao at the Tebow stuff

You guys can think whatever you want to about my sanity, I don't care! I've followed this team for 30+ years now, and if the majority of you don't realize that Ralph is more or less Al Davis of the East, I can't help you. I, along with many posters on this board have seen enough over those years to know what goes on behind the scenes. RALPH IS A BUSINESS MAN, who thinks he knows football! <_< You need proof ?

1) He let Bill Polian go because he trusted his treasurer over his GM, there was a conflict between the two and Ralph sided

with the treasurer :lol:

2) He ordered Wade Philips to start Rob Johnson over Flutie against the Titans.

3) He called up his only successful HC and asked him to be GM, because he trusted him and it would appease us fans to

have Marv back in the fold.

Now I might sound cynical, but I don't mean to. I love this team, but I'm just being realistic. Ralph is a senile old man, we will be too, someday. The only problem is, we don't own our own football team. So go ahead, call me crazy or whatever you like, convince yourselves that Ralph is letting the new GM do his job, and likewise the HC, and that he is just an observer, just don't be surprised if it turns out I'm right. :)

You guys can think whatever you want to about my sanity, I don't care! I've followed this team for 30+ years now, and if the majority of you don't realize that Ralph is more or less Al Davis of the East, I can't help you. I, along with many posters on this board have seen enough over those years to know what goes on behind the scenes. RALPH IS A BUSINESS MAN, who thinks he knows football! <_< You need proof ?

1) He let Bill Polian go because he trusted his treasurer over his GM, there was a conflict between the two and Ralph sided with the treasurer :lol:

There was a lot more to it than that. Polian has as much stated that he was somewhat at fault with their falling out too. He was young and wasn't going to let anyone tell him what to do. Polien didn't get along with many besides the treasurer.

2) He ordered Wade Philips to start Rob Johnson over Flutie against the Titans.

Yeah I'll sort of give you this one, though with the comment that it's never been proved. However at the time I felt it wasn't a bad move. The first year Flutie was here, he played lights out, the second year, we won in spite of Flutie, though you'd never know that if you listened to his press conferences as everything that went wrong was always someone elses fault. I think he was one of the biggest "me" guys out there. RW may have said "let's start Johnson", but I'm certain the rest of the staff also agreed. There was talk at the time how some felt Flutie was the weak link of the offesne as he didn't have a strong enough arm to make it through the playoffs.

3) He called up his only successful HC and asked him to be GM, because he trusted him and it would appease us fans to have Marv back in the fold.

Yes he hired Marv but then unfortunately he let Marv make the decisions, that was the problem. We may have been better off if RW was making the personal decisions.

Now I might sound cynical, but I don't mean to. I love this team, but I'm just being realistic. Ralph is a senile old man, we will be too, someday. The only problem is, we don't own our own football team. So go ahead, call me crazy or whatever you like, convince yourselves that Ralph is letting the new GM do his job, and likewise the HC, and that he is just an observer, just don't be surprised if it turns out I'm right. :)

I agree that RW has made some questionable decisions and he often has made things thinking too much about the $$. But HE has made the choices, not someone else. So if we do draft Tebow which I hopee not as all he is is a gimmick guy, it will be becasue RW wants to not based on what Kelly or Thurman want.

If you want to make the overall point that RW is calling the shots, OK, wouldn't call you crazy for that, but to suggest it's Kelly leave you deservedly open to all the name calling that comes your way.

Simply put, Jim Kelly mentioned him (by name) in an article he wrote several months ago. Sorry, no link. We can speculate all we want about new GM and HC's decisions concerning players and the draft, FA trades.. ad nauseum BUT at the end of the day Ralph Wilson makes the decisions based on the advice of people he trusts, PERIOD! Ralph listens to Jim Kelly, Marv Levy, Thurman Thomas et al. because that group brought him success from a business standpoint and as an added bonus, a team that won on Sundays. If Buddy Nix wants Sam Bradford, and Jim Kelly wants Tim Tebow....

Tim Tebow will be the next QB taken by the Bills if he is still available.

<_<

Yes he hired Marv but then unfortunately he let Marv make the decisions, that was the problem. We may have been better off if RW was making the personal decisions.

actually, Jauron made far more decisions than Marv did...Marv's main duty was PR...supposedly though, Ralph still made a few calls...like drafting Marshawn

Simply put, Jim Kelly mentioned him (by name) in an article he wrote several months ago. Sorry, no link. We can speculate all we want about new GM and HC's decisions concerning players and the draft, FA trades.. ad nauseum BUT at the end of the day Ralph Wilson makes the decisions based on the advice of people he trusts, PERIOD! Ralph listens to Jim Kelly, Marv Levy, Thurman Thomas et al. because that group brought him success from a business standpoint and as an added bonus, a team that won on Sundays. If Buddy Nix wants Sam Bradford, and Jim Kelly wants Tim Tebow....

Tim Tebow will be the next QB taken by the Bills if he is still available.

Unless Buddy drafts Tebow with his second round pick, Ralph won't be able to get Tim Tebow, even if Jimbo, Thurman and Marv all sit in the Bills war room with direct lines to Ralph's family room in Florida or Detroit. I don't care how many mock drafts have Tebow not being drafted until the 3rd - 5th rounds, they are nuts in my humble opinion. Tebow may have all kinds of mechanical problems as a pure NFL prototypical QB, but given the sorry state of at least 30% of the 32 starting QB's already playing today in the NFL, I predict Tebow will not last beyond round 2, and he may even go in round 1.

Unless Buddy drafts Tebow with his second round pick, Ralph won't be able to get Tim Tebow, even if Jimbo, Thurman and Marv all sit in the Bills war room with direct lines to Ralph's family room in Florida or Detroit. I don't care how many mock drafts have Tebow not being drafted until the 3rd - 5th rounds, they are nuts in my humble opinion. Tebow may have all kinds of mechanical problems as a pure NFL prototypical QB, but given the sorry state of at least 30% of the 32 starting QB's already playing today in the NFL, I predict Tebow will not last beyond round 2, and he may even go in round 1.

Some actually believe he will not be drafted at all :bag:

Some actually believe he will not be drafted at all :bag:

Well then Tebow may really suck after all. Or not. I know one thing, he can't end up being a worse NFL QB then Jamarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski or J.P. freakin' Losman, the Oakland Raiders "big 3" right now. And how could he end up being worse then our own triple threat of Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm...three QB's that were drafted?!?

Well you're right there. Marv made the decisions to allow DJ to make some of the choices.

I' don't believe a word of this RW making picks stuff. OK very often three scouts may say lets draft Joe, three others say lets draft Fred, no one can decide and then RW says I like Fred, so they draft Fred. To me that highly means RW is making the picks but the pres sand some here like to say RW is making the picks. I highly doubt the majority of the scouts are coming and and saying pick Bob, and RW says the hell with all of you, I'm drafting Bill. Everyone claims RW is cheap, if that were the case, then RW could save a tone of money by getting rid of all the scouts if he's making the picks anyway.

actually, Jauron made far more decisions than Marv did...Marv's main duty was PR...supposedly though, Ralph still made a few calls...like drafting Marshawn