I am so sick of this Lefevour

Thoner7

Why is it that every day I have to read another posters comment that "Lefevour is the answer" or "Hopefully we can snag Lefevour in round 2" or even worse "Trade back into the 1st for Lefevour." Can you Lefevour supporters honesly watch his games and think he has NFL potential? If you can then you should be drooling for McCoy/Tebow because they do what Lefevour does x10. He throws screen passes, and runs the the zone read option and well, thats it. He has a weak arm with no zip and poor touch. He is your prototype thower- not a passer.

Check out these two sites for their QB rankings. They have him at 12th and 13th best QB respectively. Now I realise these are basically just blogs, but they base their rankings off of the Blesto-v reports which is the same scouting service that half the NFL relies on. Those are the people who grade football players 365 days a year.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

If thats not enough, here are Mayocks rankings, who has him as tied for 5th best

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Now I am the first one to call the "experts" out and not buy into their BS when I dont agree with what I see when I watch a player. However, I am on the same line of thinking with them as to the LEFEVOUR IS NOT ANY GOOD in terms on NFL QB potential.

Many of this same talk was around last season too, just with Harrel from Texas Tech. "Take him in the 2nd!" many said. I said no, "he will be lucky to play in Canada" Well guess what, the same is true with Lefevour this season. Please stop this madness I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

PS if you want to talk about taking a QB in the second, 100% of the talk should be about Jarret Brown from WV. Now thats a QB with NFL potential.

Until the Bills have a proven franchise QB, people are going to tout just about every player ever to pick up a football & throw it as the answer to our QB woes. That's what happens when you have no QB. We have the supporters of Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Brohm & Hamden each claiming their guy will win the starting job next August. Next up are the ones wanting to trade for NFL QBs. Some prefer the proven starters like McNabb, others tout guys like Whitehurst because Nix was with SD when he was drafted, or Thigpen because Gailey had him in KC. Then you have the different people who will end up naming every QB in the draft if you wade through enough posts. Lefevour just gets more play because he comes from a conference that has produced NFL QBs, had good stats there, and was the best QB at the Senior Bowl. Right now throw every one up in the air because until we 1)choose our long term starter and 2) he proves the Bills right, we're going to keep going through this. It's been 13 years since Kelly retired in February 1997 and except for the short time that Flutie & Bledsoe were playing at a high level, we've had this QB debate going on.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true[/url]

PS if you want to talk about taking a QB in the second, 100% of the talk should be about Jarret Brown from WV. Now thats a QB with NFL potential.

You and I have similar thoughts on the qb issue. I'm a Jarret Brown fan. He could be available in the fourth round as a developmental qb for us. Why not address the many other needs and get a qb with the physical tools to groom? Even if the staff decided to stick with what we presently have at least there is someone on the roster who has upside potential.

my later round draft picks at qb are either snead or tony pike. I like pike alot bug kid, strong arm, just let him develope a bit, he will be good.

Snead sucks ass and Pike has a girls arm. Lefevor or however you spell it had a horrible week at the sr bowl. He only completed 50% of his passes and was somehow named his team's MVP.

Pre combine and all star games these two "experts" didn't think highly of Philip Rivers in the '04 NFL draft. That's why I am so high on Lefevour.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu58q93VLtfIA...raft-list_x.htm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geut2V.HVLVQYA...l/story/6344096

Well done, well done indeed.

I don't trust any of the experts, nor do I trust the brain stormers up at TBD. This team has sucked for so long. This kid was successful at the college level, I say draft him and see what he's made of. I mean, really, people are willing to bring in McNabb (a has been), Vick (PETA loves him, great character guy, could buddy up with Lynch I am sure) or my favorite I hear people saying, Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm (you have to kidding me, you just have to).

No, I would like to give this kid a shot. If nothing else, we go 1-15 and get our franchise QB next draft when the pool has a bit more to offer and this kid could be our next Fran Reich.

Why is it that every day I have to read another posters comment that "Lefevour is the answer" or "Hopefully we can snag Lefevour in round 2" or even worse "Trade back into the 1st for Lefevour." Can you Lefevour supporters honesly watch his games and think he has NFL potential? If you can then you should be drooling for McCoy/Tebow because they do what Lefevour does x10. He throws screen passes, and runs the the zone read option and well, thats it. He has a weak arm with no zip and poor touch. He is your prototype thower- not a passer.

What? Mob mentality rampant on the boards?? Say it ain't so!!!

Come on, you gotta be thankful the Tebow stupidity has finally died down. :sick:

Pre combine and all star games these two "experts" didn't think highly of Philip Rivers in the '04 NFL draft. That's why I am so high on Lefevour.

You are high on an unproven QB from a small school because two people were wrong about a different guy six years ago?

:nana:

Check out these two sites for their QB rankings. They have him at 12th and 13th best QB respectively. Now I realise these are basically just blogs, but they base their rankings off of the Blesto-v reports which is the same scouting service that half the NFL relies on. Those are the people who grade football players 365 days a year.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

If thats not enough, here are Mayocks rankings, who has him as tied for 5th best

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Now I am the first one to call the "experts" out and not buy into their BS when I dont agree with what I see when I watch a player. However, I am on the same line of thinking with them as to the LEFEVOUR IS NOT ANY GOOD in terms on NFL QB potential.

Many of this same talk was around last season too, just with Harrel from Texas Tech. "Take him in the 2nd!" many said. I said no, "he will be lucky to play in Canada" Well guess what, the same is true with Lefevour this season. Please stop this madness I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

Lefevour is Le answer!! Take him at #9. Super Bowl in 2011!

Until the Bills have a proven franchise QB, people are going to tout just about every player ever to pick up a football & throw it as the answer to our QB woes. That's what happens when you have no QB. We have the supporters of Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Brohm & Hamden each claiming their guy will win the starting job next August. Next up are the ones wanting to trade for NFL QBs. Some prefer the proven starters like McNabb, others tout guys like Whitehurst because Nix was with SD when he was drafted, or Thigpen because Gailey had him in KC. Then you have the different people who will end up naming every QB in the draft if you wade through enough posts. Lefevour just gets more play because he comes from a conference that has produced NFL QBs, had good stats there, and was the best QB at the Senior Bowl. Right now throw every one up in the air because until we 1)choose our long term starter and 2) he proves the Bills right, we're going to keep going through this. It's been 13 years since Kelly retired in February 1997 and except for the short time that Flutie & Bledsoe were playing at a high level, we've had this QB debate going on.

I understand that fans want a good QB. I want a good QB. Thats why I dont want Lefevour. Thats what I dont get - Why are fans that are so desperate for a good QB praying we draft a guy who blows?

You and I have similar thoughts on the qb issue. I'm a Jarret Brown fan. He could be available in the fourth round as a developmental qb for us. Why not address the many other needs and get a qb with the physical tools to groom? Even if the staff decided to stick with what we presently have at least there is someone on the roster who has upside potential.

Jarret Brown will be the 3rd or 4th QB off the board IMO - with Tebow being the ? (I have no idea where he will go). Jarret Brown played extremely well in every game he played in this year, has an NFL arm with NFL accuracy and NFL height. He is moble - but yet still a pocket passer. He can read a D fairly well considering he is a spread guy with 1 year starting experience. If we wanna get a QB to groom, he is the guy. Prob need to take him in the 2nd to guarantee he is a Bill.

Well done, well done indeed.

I don't trust any of the experts, nor do I trust the brain stormers up at TBD. This team has sucked for so long. This kid was successful at the college level, I say draft him and see what he's made of. I mean, really, people are willing to bring in McNabb (a has been), Vick (PETA loves him, great character guy, could buddy up with Lynch I am sure) or my favorite I hear people saying, Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm (you have to kidding me, you just have to).

No, I would like to give this kid a shot. If nothing else, we go 1-15 and get our franchise QB next draft when the pool has a bit more to offer and this kid could be our next Fran Reich.

If we are going to give someone a "shot" shouldnt we get the best canidate?

Snead sucks ass and Pike has a girls arm. Lefevor or however you spell it had a horrible week at the sr bowl. He only completed 50% of his passes and was somehow named his team's MVP.

probably because he accounted for 3 scoring drives and no turnovers, which was better than every other qb in the game

Im curious, how many Central Michigan Chippewa games were on tv this year in Carolina, Bill?

All of them thanks to ESPN gameplan :nana:

Im curious you are so convinced Lefevour blows, as you stated before, yet you want to pick jarrett Brown, who by all accounts is a project, and has only 1 yr of starting experience.

Lefevour on the other hand has 4 yrs of starting experience, and tape to look at. All those yds and TDs both thru the air and on the ground, playing in the cold at CMU, and you don't think he can be developed in 2-3 yrs? 8 come from behind victories, shows me character, and leadership, that we havent had since Kelly left.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a day 1 starter, nor should he go in rd 1, or probably rd 2 for that matter, i don't believe you should spend day 1 picks on QBs that won't yield results in the first two yrs, unless you have an established guy in front of him. But I do believe that Lefevour has a great upside, and with the proper coaching he will be a very dangerous Qb for someone in the future, I just hope that someone is the Buffalo Bills.

Honestly, the worst thing that could happen to Lefevour, would be to have an awesome combine that vaults him into rd 1, that would be a disaster.

Im curious, how many Central Michigan Chippewa games were on tv this year in Carolina, Bill?

Unless we have CMU alumi on the board I know I've watched him more then anybody. In person twice, on tv about 7 or 8 times. I think he's a good college player, but I never saw him as a NFL QB prospect.

What? Mob mentality rampant on the boards?? Say it ain't so!!!

Come on, you gotta be thankful the Tebow stupidity has finally died down. :angry:

You are high on an unproven QB from a small school because two people were wrong about a different guy six years ago?

:sick:

This "unproven" and smallschool B.S. is what's getting old...need I remind you the LeFevour (corrrect spelling, by the way) started 53 games with 12,905 passing yds, 102 TD's with a 65% completion percentage....oh, and lets not forget about the 2,948 rushing yards and 47 more TD's on the ground. That's pretty "unproven" right? And stop right there before you spew more b.s. about the level of competition...surround him with the supporting casts of Bradford, McCoy, Tebow...blah, blah, blah...and he's just as good.

How about Rothlesberger (sp), another "unproven" small schooler, right? Oh, and Chad Pennington "unproven" small schooler...right? For what it's worth, Byron Leftwitch didn't have such a bad run.

Another reason he may be on the Bills' radar is the fact the guy responsible for filling Pitt's rosterwith MAC QB's is now in Buffalo...

Nice try, but do your homework next time... :nana:

I must admit that I've only watched Lefevour in one game, so my opinion of him is still open. Though based on what I've read on three or four sites, I probably would want him in the 3rd..if that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/559484

Accuracy: Runs a spread with a lot of four and five-receiver sets. High completion percentage reflects the offense's quick, short passes, but generally puts the ball where he wants to when set in the pocket. Good timing with initial receivers on stop routes. Puts the ball to the outside shoulder on sideline patterns and end zone fades. Accuracy drops when on the run, however; usually throws high or wide, even when square to the line. Must improve his ability to hit receivers on the numbers and leading them on crossing routes.

Arm Strength: Lean quarterback with very average arm strength. Floats deep balls down the sideline and over the middle. Steps into most throws but still does not put a lot of zip on passes over 10-12 yards. Deep outs are wobbly, late and inaccurate.

Setup/Release: Sets his feet after receiving the snap and usually throws from a balanced position. Adjusts well to poor snaps in any direction. Will get happy feet if his offensive line is leaky - but is tough enough to stand and deliver in the face of pressure. Resets his feet when possible if on the move within or out of the pocket. Fair quickness on his release. Sometimes tries to unload too soon, getting even less than on the ball than on his normal passes.

Reading Defenses: Throws from the shotgun almost exclusively and typically throws quickly to his primary read, which won't happen at the next level. Must learn how to read from the line and adjust while dropping back. Looks to sideline for pre-snap adjustments. Looks off the safeties, but not often enough. Will make poor decisions if not going to his first target - throwing late over the middle or forcing a ball into tight coverage.

On the Move: Fair mobility within the pocket, keeps his eyes downfield and will move around to find a passing lane. Accuracy and spiral is lacking when moving to his left, especially when he cannot reset his feet. Shows the awareness to dump off the ball under pressure. Tough former running back with some elusiveness and vision who will get first downs and more if unchecked. Uses his height to lunge for first downs. Puts ball in outside hand. Will tuck and run too quickly at times.

Intangibles: Four-year starter who helped the Chippewas become a bowl-worthy program. Well-respected in the locker room. Academic All-American for Region IV in 2008.

NFL Comparison: Charlie Frye, Raiders

Why is it that every day I have to read another posters comment that "Lefevour is the answer" or "Hopefully we can snag Lefevour in round 2" or even worse "Trade back into the 1st for Lefevour." Can you Lefevour supporters honesly watch his games and think he has NFL potential?

I knew a Karen LeFevre

A cross between Favre & Lefevour :nana: