Kelsay

Pirate Angel

He may have trade value or they think he can play end in the 3-4. I don't think Kelsey or Schobel will make the switch to olb, just not their natural positions. I would much rather they bulk up and give it a try a DE. Kelsey is a good player as is Schobel, the defense has always been good, they just need the offense to help them stay on the bench so they don't get worn down.

im wondering why im not seeing certain names on the ESPN ticker, I dont care if Schobel retires, Kelsay and his salary need to go I see no value in keeping him for the 3-4, we have other younger and equally unproductive DEs to convert to OLB. Maybe we can get a 5th RD pick for him?

I believe with a solid 10-15 lbs added, Kelsay could be an ideal 3-4 end... I always thought that of him. Denny might be there too, again with a little added beef. I am not worried about the end sports w the 3-4, we need to worry about OLB and NOSE.... Maybin, as we all know, is the most likely candidate, but we still need one on the other side and another LB in the Middle...

im wondering why im not seeing certain names on the ESPN ticker, I dont care if Schobel retires, Kelsay and his salary need to go I see no value in keeping him for the 3-4, we have other younger and equally unproductive DEs to convert to OLB. Maybe we can get a 5th RD pick for him?

You don't care if Schobel retires? Do you watch the games?

Kelsey had a good year. Maybe they want to give him a look in the 3-4?

If they could get a 5th for him, as you suggest, then why release him now?

I'm glad to hear that. I know that he looked considerably bigger and more muscular this past year than the year before.

He has seemed to be very injury prone, but with the added size/strength and bigger DLs projected to be in front of him there's a good chance that he will be more effective and still healthier longer. We need him to be on the field all season long.

I really think he is better suited for the 3-4 as an ILB than the 4-3 as a MLB.

If he's at 250 lbs then he's already got the size that he needs to play the ILB spot in the 3-4.

And yet he stays hurt.......He cant stay on the field enough

If they we going to get a 5th for him, as you suggest, then why release him now?

Hell No!!!!! schobel and kelsay is a total of 14 million of waste .......they can get a look at a price of a million at the most......schobel is no way worth 8 million /yr...... kelsay is not worth 5 million/yr.................thats why you trade or release them ..............

If they we going to get a 5th for him, as you suggest, then why release him now?

what where we ranked against the run? yeah great year.

Hell No!!!!! schobel and kelsay is a total of 14 million of waste .......they can get a look at a price of a million at the most......schobel is no way worth 8 million /yr...... kelsay is not worth 5 million/yr.................thats why you trade or release them ..............

I think that Schobel is an excellent DE.

Kelsey was overpaid paid for sure but all I am saying is he had a good year last year. The new DL coach was able to make him better.

So my question is: if he can get us a draft pick, why cut him?

what where we ranked against the run? yeah great year.

Schoebel just commented on the defensive scheme that they had been playing and how difficult is is to stop the run is someone misses an assignment.

Look beyond the stats if you can. When you consider all the injuries and the crap they had at LB last season it was a miracle that our defense did as well as they did. They kept us in a lot of games.

Maybe because Kelsay actually had a pretty damn good year, and was one of the most consistent players on our defense this year? Could that be it? BTW, I was always very critical of Kelsay coming into '09. He played better than I expected.

if they really are changing their defense and they keep all their scrub players, this season will be the ultimate FAIL.

The new coaching staff still needs time to evaluate Kelsay and the other DLs. Kelsay is obviously too small to play in the new 3-4 on the D-line, but might be able to transition to the 3-4 OLB spot along with Schobel and C. Ellis.

:nana: Don't they have like 6 years of tape? What is there to evaluate?

ChanOverChin, Pos has already put on about 15 lbs of muscle since he's been in the league, he's right about 250. The 238 was his rookie weight. These guys do workout in the offseason.........

...and juice....

Schoebel just commented on the defensive scheme that they had been playing and how difficult is is to stop the run is someone misses an assignment.

Look beyond the stats if you can. When you consider all the injuries and the crap they had at LB last season it was a miracle that our defense did as well as they did. They kept us in a lot of games.

Yeah, what do you make of those statements?

He also stated that he thought he could have been a much more productive player if he had been used as a rush-type of linebacker, would not have had to play against 300+ lb tackles all of the time, can get a better "edge" to rush with, etc.

He sounds like Marv Levy once quoted about someone thinking about retirement. If you're thinking about it, you're already retired.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

I hope he does NOT retire.

Thats funny because he started 16 games this year

Don't let those little details get in the way tho :unsure:

Guess you haven't heard we're moving to a 3-4.

A little detail you might keep in mind.

Right now, Stroud, Williams and Johnson make numbnuts a backup, an expensive backup. OK?

Maybe because Kelsay actually had a pretty damn good year, and was one of the most consistent players on our defense this year? Could that be it? BTW, I was always very critical of Kelsay coming into '09. He played better than I expected.

I agree with you.

He surprised me this year, you know he heard the comments....

But to move to the next level...he has to get more sacks. He play against the run improved, he got stronger.

Need more pressures than sacks though.