Bills hire 2 more coaches

bills_red

I think this is a great decision, although it's possible the Bills did a great job spinning it and I drank the kool-aide.

Here's a guy, John Gamble, that's a proven S&C guru. He's getting more into of the player development role (easing players into and out of the NFL, S&C, financial planning, all that).

Eric Ciano is a proven college S&C and is moving up to the big show. Gamble mentors EC in the NFL game. Example, helps him set up diets for NFL linemen. :wallbash:

Gamble does more player development, and probably looking to move into Doug Whaley's spot when/if he takes over for Buddy or if Doug bolts for a real GM position somewhere else.

The Bills just got way better in and out of the weight room.

Just my two cents, but I know John Gamble, his lovely wife Sharron, and their three wonderful boys. Our kids grew up together here in Weston Florida and we've had many great times together with other friends, not the least of which is Jeff Dellenbach.

Go Bills!!!!!! :wallbash::lol::unsure::blink:

Now if over the next few years BadDad happens to post any rumors about the Bills I'm going to believe them! :lol:

John Gamble enters his 16th season with the Dolphins and the fourth in his current post as Director of Player Development In his role, Gamble assists players in a variety of areas off the field, while also helping the players in the transition process both into and out of the NFL through continuing education, financial education and dealing with family matters through player programs.

Hopefully he will be a mentor for guys like Lynch and Whitner.

I think this was a GREAT pickup for the Bills! :wallbash:

Great post BadDad. Thanks for that!

I second that! It really seems that Buddy 'n Chan are putting together a competent staff. Maybe not the most glamerous names, but at this early stage of the game, I'm pretty excited. I'm expecting that the Bills will have a pretty good draft too- now that Nix and his new assistant from PIT will be running the show.

If they keep it up, I just might renew my season tickets!

I second that! It really seems that Buddy 'n Chan are putting together a competent staff. Maybe not the most glamerous names, but at this early stage of the game, I'm pretty excited. I'm expecting that the Bills will have a pretty good draft too- now that Nix and his new assistant from PIT will be running the show.

If they keep it up, I just might renew my season tickets!

I'm cautiously optimistic. They've got a lot of work to do ahead of them, but from what I can see they've got the right mindset and are going about things quietly and methodically. Who knows where it will lead, but after the failures of the last decade it appears that things are beginning to look up.