If you could have any job you want

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just quit and do that dream job. Let the chips fall where they may. You will be tons happier.

If I was single, had no kids, then this would be an easy decision.

But, I am married, have a 2 year old running around my house, and have 17 years towards a 25 year retirement.....

If I was single, had no kids, then this would be an easy decision.

But, I am married, have a 2 year old running around my house, and have 17 years towards a 25 year retirement.....

I'm considering going to seminary part time while I'm working fromt here I could work my way into ministry gradually. I don't know for sure, though.

I have always worked in sports, and probably always will. In that sense, I am really lucky. But if I could do anything, I would like to be the radio voice of the New York Yankees.

Wouldn't that be nice! ;)

I've always felt that baseball is well-suited to radio. And for me, it is the best sport to attend. I think football and basketball are better viewed on television.

considering going to full time teaching of law. I enjoy teaching as an adjunct and like the practice of law, but I think full time teaching would let me do a lot more with research in my area of interest. Have taught overseas as well and might enjoy teaching at a foreign law school.

Or play point gaurd for the Knicks...

Well, I've always been told to go to school for something you really want to do. I took 3 and a half years of Physical Education undergraduate work at Canisius College, I've always wanted to be a Phys. Ed. teacher, but I was always thinking in the back of my mind whether I made the right choice and if teaching would be the thing for me. Well, I've finished over one month of student teaching at a local elementary school, and I have to say that I'm very happy with my decision. I was never very good with kids, but always enjoyed being around them. Now that I work with them everyday, I really enjoy what I'm doing and I think I've been growing into the field pretty well. Hopefully this excitement and enjoyment lasts, because right now I'm really liking it.

If I wasn't in this field...

-Writing film scripts or being a part of movie production or development. It's always been something I've been interested in.

-Opening my own restaurant/bar. I think it'd be cool to have my own establishment.

-Winning the lottery, and having no job.