No perfect season, no super bowl

bananathumb

Polian made the choice of sitting starters the last two games to give his team a better chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Not only did he fail, but he tainted the NFL in the process. Baseball crucified Pete Rose for betting on games, but meanwhile the NFL does nothing when one of their teams essentially throws games.

Sure, Polian is a good judge of talent, but his career has been tarnished by five SB losses and that decision to lay down against the Jets and the Bills.

Nice win, Saints.

Polian made the choice of sitting starters the last two games to give his team a better chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Not only did he fail, but he tainted the NFL in the process. Baseball crucified Pete Rose for betting on games, but meanwhile the NFL does nothing when one of their teams essentially throws games.

Sure, Polian is a good judge of talent, but his career has been tarnished by five SB losses and that decision to lay down against the Jets and the Bills.

Nice win, Saints.

The decision to throw away the undefeated season during the Jets game at home while they had the lead was unforgivable if you are a true football fan. I thinks it's one of the reasons why so many of the ex-players were rooting for the Saints. To me, the Colts as a team appear soulless, emotionless and robotic. Last night, the Saints showed how the game is supposed to be played and were rewarded for it.

Why do people act like the Colts are the first team to do this? Walsh 49ers and Levy Bills say hello. Also Lol @ it having any impact on the SB when they won their last 2 games.

Now if you want to rip them for being cowards and hiding from history, be my guest.

The decision to throw away the undefeated season during the Jets game at home while they had the lead was unforgivable if you are a true football fan. I thinks it's one of the reasons why so many of the ex-players were rooting for the Saints. To me, the Colts as a team appear soulless, emotionless and robotic. Last night, the Saints showed how the game is supposed to be played and were rewarded for it.

Plus, they completely contradicted themselves that records aren't important by trying to get Wayne and Clark 100 catches against us the next week.

Polian is awesome but his career is a lot like the Atlanta Braves GM John Schuerholz.

Why do people act like the Colts are the first team to do this? Walsh 49ers and Levy Bills say hello. Also Lol @ it having any impact on the SB when they won their last 2 games.

Now if you want to rip them for being cowards and hiding from history, be my guest.

Because they are the first UNDEFEATED team to do this. It's the whole reason why there was a controversy.

Plus, they completely contradicted themselves that records aren't important by trying to get Wayne and Clark 100 catches against us the next week.

Polian is awesome but his career is a lot like the Atlanta Braves GM John Schuerholz.

That's something that rarely gets mentioned. So it's ok to play and risk injury going for stats but it's not ok to play for an undefeated season? I'm so glad the Saints beat them.

That's something that rarely gets mentioned. So it's ok to play and risk injury going for stats but it's not ok to play for an undefeated season? I'm so glad the Saints beat them.

Plus, why can players only get injured in the 2nd half but not the first half? It makes no sense.

Nice win, Saints.

For all my years following the Bills, loving the Bills, I never had a 2nd favorite team until a couple years ago when I really started likin' those Colts. I followed them and hung on them and rooted for them and really loved them (not like the Bills, of course) until week 16 this year, that is. Talk about a turn off.

To make a long story short, I still rooted for the Colts last night, but nothing like I would have if they wouldn't have laid down and quit last month at NY, and then of course against our Bills. IMO Polian and their HC are disgraces to the NFL, and even more so to FANS of the Colts.

Not that it means anything now, but if they had won last night fans would look back on this 10 or 20 yrs from now and say, Indy won the Super Bowl in 2010...how nice. But if they had beaten the Jets and then the Bills in the process, which I have no doubt they were very capable of, and then gone on to win the Super Bowl, which maybe....just MAYBE destiny would have allowed given the very different set of circumstances which would have led up to the game, then they would have been history's ONLY ONLY 19-0 team, and then 10 or 20 yrs from now people would have been talking about the 2010 Colts in far more reverent tones as perhaps the greatest team of all times, not just another in a long list of Super Bowl winners.

Sadly the disgraceful Colts hierarchy would not allow for the foregoing possibility to have a chance and to me that is a shameful dishonor to the team and it's representation. :thumbsup:

Nice win, Saints.

Polian is NOT the coach.

Nice win, Saints.

I see Bill Polian reading the TBD posts as he always has since leaving Buffalo and he would love to respond.....

You Bills have done shyt since I left and using your judgement have become the scrap heap of the NFL. I'm really shocked that you would whine about my decision not to have my first team gytch slap your gang of clowns in the last game of the season. However I should really listen to you clowns now as you all have a wonderful history...of losing superbowls. Let's see...which one of us has a superbowl championship ring?

I see Bill Polian reading the TBD posts as he always has since leaving Buffalo and he would love to respond.....

You Bills have done shyt since I left and using your judgement have become the scrap heap of the NFL. I'm really shocked that you would whine about my decision not to have my first team gytch slap your gang of clowns in the last game of the season. However I should really listen to you clowns now as you all have a wonderful history...of losing superbowls. Let's see...which one of us has a superbowl championship ring?

Your only Superbowl win was against a team quarterbacked by Rex Grossman.

:thumbsup:

Don't see an asterisk inscribed anywhere on the Super Bowl (cq) rings from that year.

I agree completely. Not only was it a bogus decision that allowed the Jets to make the playoffs, it cost me my fantasy league title. That was my championship game and my opponent had Anthony Jones who scored two TD's after the Colts quit playing. I lost by four. I know it's just fantasy football, but I worked hard all season to manipulate my roster and make it to the championship. I'm glad the Colts lost their championship as well.

So people are blaming the Colts Superbowl loss to them benching their starters in the last 2 games? Give me a f@!kin' break!!!! I guess the Colts starters didn't play in the divisional round and the AFC Championship game either.

Everytime I've seen the Colts this past decade, I can't help to think that it should be the Bills in their position. Ralph totally screwed things up when he fired Polian. I don't care that Polian is 1-4 in the Superbowl, all of us would have loved if he stayed with the Bills and have won at least 1 Superbowl.

Don't see an asterisk inscribed anywhere on the Super Bowl (cq) rings from that year.

Is this still Bill Polian talking or you?

Polian is a very thin skinned man. A couple of years ago he hung up the phone during a WFAN interview because the radio personality was questioning if his team sitting players for resting purposes hurt his team in previous playoff appearances.

I agree completely. Not only was it a bogus decision that allowed the Jets to make the playoffs, it cost me my fantasy league title. That was my championship game and my opponent had Anthony Jones who scored two TD's after the Colts quit playing. I lost by four. I know it's just fantasy football, but I worked hard all season to manipulate my roster and make it to the championship. I'm glad the Colts lost their championship as well.

Wow, it must be really tough to lose a fantasy championship because of a player that doesn't even exist!

And Bill would have responded by asking who quarterbacked the team where the Bills won the superbowl?

The point being...until we win a superbowl we should stfu. about how good someone who has the ring is. Especially when he is one of the primary reasons we actually got to play in four of them.

Is this still Bill Polian talking or you?

Polian is a very thin skinned man. A couple of years ago he hung up the phone during a WFAN interview because the radio personality was questioning if his team sitting players for resting purposes hurt his team in previous playoff appearances.

Polian, thin-skinned? Wow. Who knew? That NEVER came out while he was here. And I'm sure that just about any Bills fan you talk to would be ecstatic to "settle" for a Super Bowl win over Rex Grossman.

I'll be curious to see the reaction here if/when Polian is selected for the Bills' Wall of Fame -- which could happen as soon as this year.