Good Divorce Lawyers in Buffalo?

FightClub

All,

I have not posted in a while...I am a huge Bills fan living in Atlanta with a sister still in Buffalo.

Long story short...her scumbag husband is cheating on her and I need to help her get everything she can in the divorce. Have you been through divorces? Anyone have a really good lawyer in the Buffalo area to recommend? Or even one to recommend staying away from?

Any info is appreciated...she is heartbroken right now.

Cant help with an attorney. But, I am glad she is dumping that Stevestojan Fuggin Loser.

Tell her not to be sad, but to be glad she is getting the best thing ever back.

Her Blessed Freedom.

There is a radio show I listen to every morning while going to work. The station is Ktu. The War of The Roses. This is a Phony get up where gumba johnny calls the idiots who are messing around and tells them they have won free roses.

However, the spouses or girl/boyfriend are setting them up to see where they send the bogus free roses live on the Radio.

Too bad she didnot live in the NYC area. She could embarrass the Stevestojan out of him while tons of listeners hear it.

Good Luck to her. :blink:

I can't help you. In my profession I try to keep marriages together, though if her husband is running around, I can appreciate and accept the decision to end it. I hope she can find someone. When the separation/divource happens you might suggest to her that she look for a support group of persons in similar circumstances. It's a tough period of time she's llikely to have to go though and any help she can get can only make it easier to take.

Cant help with an attorney. But, I am glad she is dumping that Stevestojan Fuggin Loser.

Her Blessed Freedom.

There is a radio show I listen to every morning while going to work. The station is Ktu. The War of The Roses. This is a Phony get up where gumba johnny calls the idiots who are messing around and tells them they have won free roses.

However, the spouses or girl/boyfriend are setting them up to see where they send the bogus free roses live on the Radio.

Too bad she didnot live in the NYC area. She could embarrass the Stevestojan out of him while tons of listeners hear it.

Good Luck to her. :blink:

131540[/snapback]

Have to play the devils advocate here. My grandma told me(at least where divorces are concerned) there are 3 sides to every story. Her's, his and the truth. How can you pass judgment without knowing both parties??? Your applying your female bias to come to a conclusion about the guy. Maybe she drove him to it. Maybe there are other issues involved that none of us know. Maybe the guy is a scumbag but maybe he isnt. Interesting how immediately the guy has to be stripped of all his assets and he is automatically guilty.

Have to play the devils advocate here. My grandma told me(at least where divorces are concerned) there are 3 sides to every story. Her's, his and the truth. How can you pass judgment without knowing both parties??? Your applying your female bias to come to a conclusion about the guy. Maybe she drove him to it. Maybe there are other issues involved that none of us know. Maybe the guy is a scumbag but maybe he isnt. Interesting how immediately the guy has to be stripped of all his assets and he is automatically guilty.

131644[/snapback]

Hence the reason midol, pamprin, and the scheduled end of month "business trip" all exist.

I am sorry I really am not in touch with the legal community in Buffalo, but as a lawyer, here is some advice I can give on picking a lawyer:

1) pick someone that is affordable, but not the cheapest

2) pick someone that tells you like it is and not what you want to hear

3) pick someone who has a good reputation and not the biggest ad in the phone book (and my firm has the biggest ad in the phone book in my city)

good luck.

131644[/snapback]

I'm gonna go on a little rant here....

First of all I totally agree with you. I'm only 22 and I have realized their are 3 versions of all ended relationships since I was 19. I certainly don't condone cheating but who knows what really happened in this situation. The fact is nobody outside of the couple will ever know the truth because the truth will always be somewhere between each persons biased version.

Another thing that pisses me off is when people attempt to ruin somebody's financial lives as a form of retaliation. I'm not saying that they don't deserve some money from a divorce. For example when my parents split I thought my Mom deserved x amount of dollars because she spent a large part of her possible working years raising my brother and I.

The last part of my rant is the part I hate the most, man haters. Look ladies I'll be the first one to admit their are a lot of ass holes in the world. But believe it or not their are men out their that are honest, caring, and genuine. We can't help that you went threw bad experiences before, so just because we are men it doesn't give you the right to pre judge us.

I'm done now

Emotional issue, but bottomline if there are no children this can be pretty simple. The assets willl get split down the middle and then it's adios. NY is a no fault state. If it's long term marriage there might be some short term alimony, but the days of one side getting everything only happen in the movies.

One more piece of advice that the lawyer didn't give you is try to find your sister a lawyer who has your sister's best interest in mind and not his or hers. Lawyers know precisely what assets are involved. As long they know there are assets, they know they'll get paid. Divorce lawyers are scummier than your brother-in-law. They love to stir things up just to pronlong things. The longer the can delay the process, the more assets they pocket and the less money the two sides see.

Please allow me to throw this out...

why is it that everytime a marriage goes into crisis is the "D" word the first thing that's brought up as the solution. It may ultimately be what needs to be done. However, do people quit their jobs everytime they have a major crisis with their employer? Hell no... you sit down and work things out... have a "clearing" and agree on how things can/will be worked out. People don't realize the collateral damage a divorce causes... not just between close family and friends, but most important, the children.

There's a reason your sister is being cheated on... it could be she cheated... it could be that she's a B word and treats him like stevestojan and this is his way of striking back. And, it could very well be that he's an !@#$. The "trust" in this marriage has been broken. It's your sister, of course, so you are partial and taking sides... but before your sister starts to think divorce and taking his ass to the cleaners out of spite and revenge, the first thing she and he need to do is see if things can be worked out... hopefully through a licensed marriage counselor who will be able to get the two of them together and set aside the emmotions and get down to the nitty gritty of figuring out what happened, why it happend and move forward on where they go from here.

Bottom line... it takes two to tango and there are always two sides to every tale. You only know one side.

Dee Ray....A - Freekin - Men!

I will state right up front that some marriages need to end. That said, isn't it funny that people will spend huge volumes of money and time repairing their finances, with counselers and such but when it comes to marriage, people go straight to the lawyer. Sad very sad.

All,

I have not posted in a while...I am a huge Bills fan living in Atlanta with a sister still in Buffalo. 

Long story short...her scumbag husband is cheating on her and I need to help her get everything she can in the divorce.  Have you been through divorces?  Anyone have a really good lawyer in the Buffalo area to recommend?  Or even one to recommend staying away from?

Any info is appreciated...she is heartbroken right now.

131488[/snapback]

I've been thru a divorce, but there's no way I'm gonna help a woman take everythign she can.

Farg that.

There's a reason your sister is being cheated on... it could be she cheated... it could be that she's a B word and treats him like stevestojan and this is his way of striking back.

131766[/snapback]

There's not always a reason.

Hell, unless we're just trying to make up excuses, there is NEVER a reason. Cheating is the cruelest betrayal of trust, and guys even brag about it! I guess they don't realize that cheating on your spouse lowers your integrity to that of the level of whale stevestojan.

Running away instead of either resolving the situation or being man enough to end the relationship is gutless. Back home (Bflo) we call that "being a kitty."

As far as the question at hand, Teresa and I are going to an attorney-friend's place for Thanksgiving. He's originally from Buffalo too, so I'll ask if he can suggest anyone. I'll PM you his answer.

Her Blessed Freedom.

Good Luck to her. :D

131540[/snapback]

hey NJSue, - you actually TYPED my name in that time... the filter doesn't capitalize my name!!! Seriously, is that necessary?