James Hardy and Shawn Nelson

Right, because NFL teams often bag on their own players. Look, neither you or I know the guy but he has a history of making questionable decisions. If you want to pretend they don't exist, that's cool. I'm not reporting anything new here. Maybe you need to narrow your search. Try James Hardy and gun, battery, infant, and Lynch's car.

What's with May 2008? Is all information prior to that void in your world?

Right, and according to your limited sources, and mine, he hasn't made a "questionable" decision since his rookie season began.

This flies in the face of your initial assertion (the assertion with which I took issue):

Hardy regressed during his rookie season. Work ethic problems, behavior problems, and a missed season due to injury, lead me to believe he is not going to have a long NFL career.

Herein you've implied (intentionally or not) that behavior problems and work-ethic problems (the latter you've yet to demonstrate) caused his rookie-year regression.

Yet you also can't show me anything that's happened SINCE his rookie season began to back up your claim.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and according to your limited sources, and mine, he hasn't made a "questionable" decision since his rookie season began.

This flies in the face of your initial assertion (the assertion with which I took issue):

Herein you've implied (intentionally or not) that behavior problems and work-ethic problems (the latter you've yet to demonstrate) caused his rookie-year regression.

Yet you also can't show me anything that's happened SINCE his rookie season began to back up your claim.

His limited football abilities are what caused his rookie regression. Past behavior problems and rumored work ethic issues are what have been reported in the past. It's not hard to imagine that these issues could derail a promising career, let alone a guy who needs to already make up alot of ground.

You and I don't have a clue if the issues remain or if he has resolved them. The bottom line is, they were there not all that long ago and he hasn't produced a thing yet. If you think we as fans are going to hear anything but glowing remarks from the Bills organization, then you don't follow pro sports close enough.

Watching him on the field would suggest he doesn't fully get it. As many others have pointed out, he doesn't always seem to give top effort when fighting for balls and at times has looked like he doesn't know what route he's running. The reasoning is based on past insight from people in the know and present performance.

The sources aren't limited either. You can't find many pre-draft evaluations that don't mention his character concerns. Some are more severe than others but it's all there if you look.

Nelson could/should develop into major stud.

I am very bearish on Hardy, though; when he did play, I seem to recall he suffered from a case of the drops

I really think Nelson was a good pick and will improve. I also like Schouman at the position, if he can stay healthy

His limited football abilities are what caused his rookie regression. Past behavior problems and rumored work ethic issues are what have been reported in the past. It's not hard to imagine that these issues could derail a promising career, let alone a guy who needs to already make up alot of ground.

You and I don't have a clue if the issues remain or if he has resolved them. The bottom line is, they were there not all that long ago and he hasn't produced a thing yet. If you think we as fans are going to hear anything but glowing remarks from the Bills organization, then you don't follow pro sports close enough.

Watching him on the field would suggest he doesn't fully get it. As many others have pointed out, he doesn't always seem to give top effort when fighting for balls and at times has looked like he doesn't know what route he's running. The reasoning is based on past insight from people in the know and present performance.

The sources aren't limited either. You can't find many pre-draft evaluations that don't mention his character concerns. Some are more severe than others but it's all there if you look.

Please stop. If you wanna say the guy sucks, then fine, say he sucks. But please cease with all this "character issue" stuff. You have NO idea what you're talking about, at all... :thumbsup:

Right, because NFL teams often bag on their own players. Look, neither you or I know the guy but he has a history of making questionable decisions. If you want to pretend they don't exist, that's cool. I'm not reporting anything new here. Maybe you need to narrow your search. Try James Hardy and gun, battery, infant, and Lynch's car.

What's with May 2008? Is all information prior to that void in your world?

Is being judgemental a character issue?

Nelson is good and is going to get even better.

As far as Hardy goes, has anyone considered that maybe the reason he didn't get to play last year was because he wasn't getting it done in practice and was therefore unable to get in? If a guy is tearin' it up in practice, they will try to get him in. If he then produces, he'll be hard to keep off the field. Didn't see that with Hardy this year. Just wondering? But then again with the bone headed coaches we've had, anything is possible.

Please stop. If you wanna say the guy sucks, then fine, say he sucks. But please cease with all this "character issue" stuff. You have NO idea what you're talking about, at all... ;)

It's not like I just made it up. I suppose you have inside information that contradicts the reports of scouts and police reports. If so I'll gladly admit to having no idea.

Is being judgemental a character issue?

It could be. I haven't judged Hardy in an overly aggressive manner though. I haven't called him names or said anything more deragatory than he has character issues. We all have issues of some sort, his just might get in the way of doing his job.

Nelson has the most potential IMO. This guy looks like a real gamer. So far I have been pleasantly surprised by his block (he was merely bad instead of disasterous) but he has proven already that he can be a major asset in the passing game.

That's the key. If he can improve his blocking skills(and stay healthy of course), he'll be on the field more...

It's not like I just made it up. I suppose you have inside information that contradicts the reports of scouts and police reports. If so I'll gladly admit to having no idea.

Like already stated, where are these supposed "reports"?? We all know you're referring to that one incident, in which case the police report is public property and clearly states what happened. Most don't have an issue with how and why that all went down, so feel free to advise why you disagree....

Character issues are subjective and opinion-based. I'm assuming since you're so "matter-of-fact" about this person's character flaws, you've met him in person and that's what you're basing your accusations on as well??

Does everyone really want to judge a ROOKIE WR with the coaching staff that was in place? Does everyone really want to judge a ROOKIE WR with Trent Edwards throwing him the ball. Sure he may of had a bust ROOKIE season but look who was in charge?

As far as not playing this year............HE WAS ON THE PUP LIST people. When he came back..HE WAS PLAYING BEHIND A FUTURE HOF AND ANOTHER #1 WR IN EVANS. Not to mention COACH FEWELL WAS PLAYING FOR A JOB AND DIDNT WANT TO PULL THE REGULARS.

Hate all you want but everyone needs to relax with ALL PLAYERS that have played under the DICKie J game plan.

I agree that it seems these two have a ton of potential. Hardy was injured though. For this upcoming season he should be given a good look and if he shows what we think he has in the way of talent, should be given the opportunity to start. Nelson should get a good look too, but I suspect we might be looking at tight ends in free agency, and Nelson is going to have to earn starting time against some stiff competition. Hopefully the two of them will be productive.

I think we have to take into consideration the incredible mismanagement and mis-evaluation of talent in the Jauron regime. It just seemed that they often didn't recognize talent when they had it and then again played guys out of position; a la Maybin.

:lol:;)

Shawn Nelson- I think the kid has alot of talent. He made a few rookie mistakes but that is to be expected. Nelson is big, strong, fluid, fast, and aggressive. Next year Nelson and Schouman could be a solid TE combination.

James Hardy- He is slower than his timed speed and has not looked athletic on the field. While Nelson seemed to improve as his season went on, Hardy regressed during his rookie season. Work ethic problems, behavior problems, and a missed season due to injury, lead me to believe he is not going to have a long NFL career.

On your analysis on Hardy; hey, the guy never had to learn much about routes in college. The pro system was a tremendous adjustment for which which he had major learning problems which reportedly and obviously negatively effected his abilities. HE SAYS (we'll see) that he's learned, and if he has indeed leaned route running, couple that with 6'5" and 4.49, 40 and we just might be on the something. :lol:

When Hardy came back this past year, All the QB's and Coaches and TO made comments that Hardy looked good at running the routes and making his breaks. Just saying. Anyone that questions his work ethic really has no clue. Just wait and see. He might be a bust in Buffalo but he wont be in the NFL.

Hardy was dismal before he got hurt. Defenses shifted their entire scheme to the inside and to Evans out of a total lack of respect for his game. They could put a backup on him man-on-man and shut him down completely. That's worse than useless. Hopefully, the kid has taken mega-leaps forward, but who'd know with him buried on the bench?