gunther cunningham

bkc

Do you think the new d.c could be Gunther Cunningham and they had to wait for his senior bowl week to be over to make the announcement . Just throwing it out there because it is strange that we basically hired the whole d staff and still do not know who is the new Dc.

I'd say no high end D.C. would want the job if he had to accept a staff already in place. That pretty much means the job has been filled. So, who fits the criteria of either not being available technically, yet, or, being otherwise tied up to this point? Cunningam knew, almost certainly, that he'd be out in K.C. awhile ago... who else is there, other than guys on the Super Bowl teams?

Do you think the new d.c could be Gunther Cunningham and they had to wait for his senior bowl week to be over to make the announcement . Just throwing it out there because it is strange that we basically hired the whole d staff and still do not know who is the new Dc.

Gunther Cunningham is still the dc for the Detroit Lions. I don't think he would be leaving that job

I'd say no high end D.C. would want the job if he had to accept a staff already in place. That pretty much means the job has been filled. So, who fits the criteria of either not being available technically, yet, or, being otherwise tied up to this point? Cunningam knew, almost certainly, that he'd be out in K.C. awhile ago... who else is there, other than guys on the Super Bowl teams?

Cunningham is current dc but schwatz if d coach and prob has a system and would agree to let Cunningham leave. I was thinking that the league wanted to keep the staff in order until the week was out. Far fetched but ..............

Yes, I'm pretty sure the job has been filled except for a few technicalities...If it's who I have heard whispers about it's a pretty big name! Now...you guys may think I'm full of Mularkey (pardon the pun!)..but I kept giving hints about Chan Gailey two days before his name was anywhere to be found...If anyone out there remembers, I kept calling him "China Man" and that his name was a very popular chinese name "Chan." I'm not on the inside but I do visit some of the same "spots" that those in the know go...so I just hear things that quietly dribble about...and often they are right! like Chan Gailey. I'm pretty sure the name is a blast from the past! Have fun! Maybe I'll trickle out some more info later as there may be two hints within this blog!! Have fun! :censored:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the job has been filled except for a few technicalities...If it's who I have heard whispers about it's a pretty big name! Now...you guys may think I'm full of Mularkey (pardon the pun!)..but I kept giving hints about Chan Gailey two days before his name was anywhere to be found...If anyone out there remembers, I kept calling him "China Man" and that his name was a very popular chinese name "Chan." I'm not on the inside but I do visit some of the same "spots" that those in the know go...so I just hear things that quietly dribble about...and often they are right! like Chan Gailey. I'm pretty sure the name is a blast from the past! Have fun! Maybe I'll trickle out some more info later as there may be two hints within this blog!! Have fun! :censored:

Dude, that's mean...I do remember your posts, so I'll give you your props on that call, but I sucked at word finds and crosswords as a kid. Let's make this more obvious.

IF THEY WANTED CUNNINGHAM HE D LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNED ALREADY,,SEEMS MORE OF A POSSIBLITY

THAT THE DC WILL BE A MEMBER OF ONE OF THE SUPER BOWL STAFFS

IF that's true, these two are the most likely, IMHO.

1.) Bill Johnson DL coach NO Saints. He's a good ol' boy and that's a good fit with the new sheriff in town.

Adam Zimmer Defensive Assistant/Linebackers - NO Saints. He graduated college in 2005, so he's like 25, or 26. His dad Mike is the DC of the Bungles. This is a huge long shot and I can't believe he's who Nix and Gailey want.

2.) John Teerlinck DL coach Colts. 20 year NFL coaching vet, been at Denver and a few other places.

His son? Bill Teerlinck a Colts Defensive Assistant, could come along too.

Ted Cottrell (if it is our past)

Dan Reeves or Jim Mora Jr.

I think we are waiting because our DC is still working or was working for another team, it doesn't make sense that they would hire his assistants before they hire the DC. then again not everything they do makes sense.