ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

Evilcape is absolutely correct re Brohm

I like Brohm and his potential, too. I'd rather see the Bills sign a legitimate veteran (McNabb would be ideal) and let Brohm be the understudy for a year or two.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is a piece of ****. Giant N-bomb! Thats just who he is as a person. As a football player he is utterly terrible at throwing, pretty good at running. As a quarterback he is miles and miles beyond the much younger, more talented Brian Brohm. Brohm is a start waiting to be made. Id give him a training camp and let him start the season for us. The kid has potential to be amazing!

Giant N-bomb! Are you kidding me, I suppose you are one of those people who thinks it's ok to use that word if someone acts in a certain manner that is black, you know, the logic that there are two types.. That is disgusting in this day and age to use that term period.

As for Brohm, he is far from the answer!!! He was a practice squad player for a reason. Green Bay had Favre and now Rogers. I feel confident that GB can evaluate QB's. He wasn't good enough to beat out Flynn. There is a reason no other team made a move to get him and a reason why he went back to the bench when Fitzpatrick was able to walk, he is not an NFL QB yet. There are tons of QB's that played well in college and projected well and did not pan out. His stock dropped in the draft because he had a bad senior year without Petrino, maybe he was a product of Petrino's system.

It's is easy to say Vick is an utterly terrible QB and all he can do is run. When he was in game shape he made a lot of plays in a very tough division and willed the Falcons to a lot of wins. I wouldn't be against bringing Thigpen and Vick in to compete n for the starters job.

Oh please. teams have identities, that is why we support them. They dial into something we connect with..otherwise what's the point? Why would anyone in their right mind support a losing team? Not just a losing team, but a team that consistently/constantly loses? it's because something about the Bills speaks to a western New York mentality. Arbitrarily changing that identity would backfire (hence frustration at Lynch). Simply put there's a reason why Dallas has the famous cheerleaders and everyone joked about Vick signing with the Raiders. These teams are an extension of something, otherwise nobody would care. And certainly no one would care enough to post conjecture to a online community. Frankly playing into that identity has everything to do with everything. You think people in this town would respond to some knucklehead babbling about how much money he makes?

A team's long term identity is based on the city's identity, not the players. Obviously, a team's success has alot to do with what kind of perception they have. The fact is that each team is different because it's composed of different individuals. The Bills don't year in and year out fit any kind of mold that fans envision. Just like the Miami Hurricanes and Dallas Cowboys aren't always filled with criminals. Notre Dame isn't always made up of choir boys and the Steelers don't always run the ball.

The 90s Bills were anything but "blue collar". They showed off, talked trash, fought with eachother, got into lots of trouble, played undisciplined at times, and lets face it had some real jerks on the team. Guess what? It didn't matter, Buffalo loved them.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but Bills fans like to think of their teams as blue collar. The truth is, fans identify with BUFFALO not the Bills. As fans we hope they represent us in a positive light.

Giant N-bomb! Are you kidding me, I suppose you are one of those people who thinks it's ok to use that word if someone acts in a certain manner that is black, you know, the logic that there are two types.. That is disgusting in this day and age to use that term period.

As for Brohm, he is far from the answer!!! He was a practice squad player for a reason. Green Bay had Favre and now Rogers. I feel confident that GB can evaluate QB's. He wasn't good enough to beat out Flynn. There is a reason no other team made a move to get him and a reason why he went back to the bench when Fitzpatrick was able to walk, he is not an NFL QB yet. There are tons of QB's that played well in college and projected well and did not pan out. His stock dropped in the draft because he had a bad senior year without Petrino, maybe he was a product of Petrino's system.

It's is easy to say Vick is an utterly terrible QB and all he can do is run. When he was in game shape he made a lot of plays in a very tough division and willed the Falcons to a lot of wins. I wouldn't be against bringing Thigpen and Vick in to compete n for the starters job.

Thigpen and Vick huh? Spoken like a giant P-bomb.

I like Brohm and his potential, too. I'd rather see the Bills sign a legitimate veteran (McNabb would be ideal) and let Brohm be the understudy for a year or two.

How many more years do you want Brohm on the bench? He needs to play to see if he can be successful.

How many more years do you want Brohm on the bench? He needs to play to see if he can be successful.

nope...if he were successful he'd be playing, at Green Bay orhere. Do you think the coaching staff were so impressed with TE and Fitz that they wouldn't have put him in if they thought he could play?

If it only costs a late round draft pick, it seems like a reasonable gamble given the relatively low cost.

People say he is a lousy QB since he only completes about 54% of his passes, but he averages over 8 yards per carry and is the only QB to ever rush for over 1,000 yards in a season. So, yes, he's not a true pocket passer. But, I don't see why running for a first down on third and five is any worse than checking down to a back who picks up the first down. Stats and moral arguments aside, he has won at both the college (20-1 as a starter) and NFL levels (.575 career winning percentage).

That's good...because we don't give our qb's a pocket to pass from.

nope...if he were successful he'd be playing, at Green Bay orhere. Do you think the coaching staff were so impressed with TE and Fitz that they wouldn't have put him in if they thought he could play?

Brohm was brought in very late in the season and it should be no wonder why he didnt play more. However, the most popular player on any losing team, or the Eagles, will always be the backup QB.

So what your saying is you love the Buffalo Bills, but selling your soul to make them better is not an option, come on... :blink:

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of Michael Vick's QB capabilities, but I've always enjoyed watching Vick run and its possible he's the best all around athlete that ever stepped onto the Football field. Think about it, Vick runs like Barry Sanders and he can throw with both arms better than half the QB's in the NFL throw with one arm. Screw up one of Vicks arms in a game and he still might kick your ass with his other throwing arm. :w00t:

I know Marshawn is cheering this idea. He needs a new career in LA when he gets kicked off the Bills eventually, LOL.

Seriously, maybe, just maybe Vick actually teaches Lynch to growup quickly or he may be heading to jail himself.

I never liked Vick as a QB, very inaccurate as a thrower. If the Bills do it, I will continue to watch an hope Kelly and the older ex Bills make sure Vick understands what it takes to be a Buffalo Bill.

A team's long term identity is based on the city's identity, not the players. Obviously, a team's success has alot to do with what kind of perception they have. The fact is that each team is different because it's composed of different individuals. The Bills don't year in and year out fit any kind of mold that fans envision. Just like the Miami Hurricanes and Dallas Cowboys aren't always filled with criminals. Notre Dame isn't always made up of choir boys and the Steelers don't always run the ball.

The 90s Bills were anything but "blue collar". They showed off, talked trash, fought with eachother, got into lots of trouble, played undisciplined at times, and lets face it had some real jerks on the team. Guess what? It didn't matter, Buffalo loved them.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but Bills fans like to think of their teams as blue collar. The truth is, fans identify with BUFFALO not the Bills. As fans we hope they represent us in a positive light.

I think in many ways we are saying the same thing. The Bills are a reflection of the town...which is a blue collar town. There are things that would be laughed at here: playing in a dome, Lynch recording an R&B album, players taking advantage of their good fortune. Which leads to my problem with Vick. Beyond the stats, which I think are pretty unremarkable outside of that one crazy season, he does not fit in with the Bills aesthetic, if you will. And maybe in a punter or DE that does not really matter--but that intangible Bills-ness is crucial in a QB. Kurt Warner, for example, would have been worshiped here because his story and work ethic plays into something we respect. Frankly I do not see Vick as a good fit either as a leader or player. He'd fit in with Oakland or Dallas, but I honestly do not see him fitting into what the Bills currently represent. Bringing him in would result in an identity change a lot of fans have not signed up for--which would backfire (again see popular opinion of Lynch vs Freddie).

personally I think the ideal would be picking up Mcnabb for a couple years and draft Lefevour. McNabb still has a lot of tread on the tires and is known to be a mentor. Maybe he chokes in big games, but Buffalo has not played a big game in ten years. I'd prefer a long term answer rather than another dog and pony show.

Yes, he's an upgrade. He's accomplished more than either of the QB's we have combined. There is no baggage he brings if people don't create any.

What has he accomplished since returning to the league? His speed and mobility isn't what it once was. I am not against standing pat at QB and fixing the offensive line. The sheep will continue to listen to dumb old WGR and will continue to buy tickets- cause there is nothing else to do up there!

The man is a piece of ****. Giant N-bomb! Thats just who he is as a person. As a football player he is utterly terrible at throwing, pretty good at running. As a quarterback he is miles and miles beyond the much younger, more talented Brian Brohm. Brohm is a start waiting to be made. Id give him a training camp and let him start the season for us. The kid has potential to be amazing!

WORTHLESS...THIS IS THE TYPE OF SH*T IM TALKING BOUT...racial a** buffalo (its so funny how the admins let that sh*t slide like thats ok, matter a fact only two other people caught that and its be plenty comments after)...you should be ashamed of how you think...not to mention saying brohm has potential after being cut from a practice squad...COME ON SON YOU CANT BE SERIOUS...if you dont like mike vick thats your opinion cool, but be refrain from the racial slurs...only a pu**y would be racial behind a computer ass*ole...

Thigpen and Vick huh? Spoken like a giant P-bomb.

That makes a lot of sense, I am a P-bomb for suggesting picking up Thigpen to compete for the job. Dumb or football stupid but not a "giant P-bomb." Great response, I hope you took your time writing that.

Thigpen is not the long-term answer but has familarity with Gailey's system and why not try to pick him up and see if he can compete with Brohm and Fitzpatrick.

As much as people don't want to hear this, signing Vick would be good for the Erie County SPCA. He donated a significant amount of money to the Philly area for animal cruelty and that money could be used to save a lot of animals locally. Vick would donate a nice chunck of change as a P.R. move in whatever city he signs and will advocate against dog fighting.

WORTHLESS...THIS IS THE TYPE OF SH*T IM TALKING BOUT...racial a** buffalo (its so funny how the admins let that sh*t slide like thats ok, matter a fact only two other people caught that and its be plenty comments after)...you should be ashamed of how you think...not to mention saying brohm has potential after being cut from a practice squad...COME ON SON YOU CANT BE SERIOUS...if you dont like mike vick thats your opinion cool, but be refrain from the racial slurs...only a pu**y would be racial behind a computer ass*ole...

Totally agree. There is nothing racial about this issue. Vick made horrible and evil decisions that spoke to only his idiocy and greed. Turning this into a black/white thing cheapens the situation. This was not a cultural accident, this was the behavior of one terrible human being.

Totally agree. There is nothing racial about this issue. Vick made horrible and evil decisions that spoke to only his idiocy and greed. Turning this into a black/white thing cheapens the situation. This was not a cultural accident, this was the behavior of one terrible human being.

first response to this thread and i'll note that I haven't read the rest of it...

this is indeed a cultural "accident" as you term it as even his supporters term it as such

for instance, Jamie Foxx said http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/20414907/

“It’s a cultural thing, I think,” Foxx said. “Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, Mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star.”

I think Whoopi Goldberg and a few others said something similar along the lines of "part of His Cultural Upbringing." It's great you think you're colorblind, but let's not be completely blind of the facts.

How do you no he didn't mean "NO" for the N-bomb.... which he probably didn't but it isn't saying he didn't,. Matbe u r the racist for thinking that way. U act like a little girl (skirt up high) with the way u reacted to that statment by what u typed. Relax, he didn't say the word your refering too, also you are making it out to be more then what it is by responding to it. Chill out pansie, cause he doesn't like your boy VICK and likes Brohm, that is why you r throughing a hissy fit. Maybe u need 2 go 2 the OBGYN and get the sand cleaned from your vaginal area.....LMAO. Oh ya and i will go bac 2 school and learn how to type hole sentences...... dork, u all understand what i wrote! Fast n to the point,,, boooooooyaaaaaa

How do you no he didn't mean "NO" for the N-bomb.... which he probably didn't but it isn't saying he didn't,. Matbe u r the racist for thinking that way. U act like a little girl (skirt up high) with the way u reacted to that statment by what u typed. Relax, he didn't say the word your refering too, also you are making it out to be more then what it is by responding to it. Chill out pansie, cause he doesn't like your boy VICK and likes Brohm, that is why you r throughing a hissy fit. Maybe u need 2 go 2 the OBGYN and get the sand cleaned from your vaginal area.....LMAO. Oh ya and i will go bac 2 school and learn how to type hole sentences...... dork, u all understand what i wrote! Fast n to the point,,, boooooooyaaaaaa

None of this makes any sense

I disagree completely with beastmode on what the Bills need behind center--and at times we spit insults to blow off steam when arguing about the future of the team. but we live in a civilization here. Incoherent idiotic ramblings accomplish exactly nothing.

Also, can't harp on sentence structure when you spell like a mental patient.