ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

Bills front runners for Vick???

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If they sign him I am done. From a football sense it is a dumb move. He's awful. And don't give me that mobile QB behind a bad offensive line cr@p. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the league before he was incarcerated. From a human sense it is appalling. I can't believe that Ralph would spend his last few years on this planet and the last few years the Bills are in Buffalo being linked to and defending human garbage.

Wait, isn't prison supposed to rehabilitate the garbage out? LOL

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if the Bills get him he will become the next savior.

Lynch is a remorseless thug who runs down women while drunk -= and he has the biggest fan club on any Bill.

Don't really think they are comparable. Yes Lynch has done some stupid things, but Vick did some very cold and calculated illegal things for a very long period of time and hide them very well. While Lynch is no boyscout, he isn't a cold calculating criminal like Vick either.

I highly doubt Vick will be any one's savior, and do not believe he should be given the opportunity to be playing at all with the level of the crimes he has committed. I do feel should be given a chance to make a living, but not in an industry that supposedly prides itself on cleaning up its image and putting role models out on the field.

Don't really think they are comparable. Yes Lynch has done some stupid things, but Vick did some very cold and calculated illegal things for a very long period of time and hide them very well. While Lynch is no boyscout, he isn't a cold calculating criminal like Vick either.

I highly doubt Vick will be any one's savior, and do not believe he should be given the opportunity to be playing at all with the level of the crimes he has committed. I do feel should be given a chance to make a living, but not in an industry that supposedly prides itself on cleaning up its image and putting role models out on the field.

Not Even trying to imply anything about vick with this comment but....

How do we know marshawn is better? We've seen some mistakes get caught, how do we know what hasn't been caught??? I remember MV getting caught with little things here and there before it all came out. Truly we don't know what anyone does off the field....

I don't agree. Forgive and forget? No thanks.

I read these comments about Vick, and how he does not deserve this, and he does not deserve that. Moreover, he apparently doesn't deserve to be forgiven, although he followed the proper courses toward redemption. So, I am compelled to ask... "Who are we, THE FORGIVEN..to sit on our throne of judgment and refuse to forgive?"

If only we could love ourselves, we could easily love those who have fallen off the path of righteousness. Who is HE that lives in the BIG GLASS HOUSE?

Not Even trying to imply anything about vick with this comment but....

How do we know marshawn is better? We've seen some mistakes get caught, how do we know what hasn't been caught??? I remember MV getting caught with little things here and there before it all came out. Truly we don't know what anyone does off the field....

OK, you have a point there. We only know whats been discovered to this point, my next door neighbor could be a serial killer too. Just have to go on what information have at hand however.

I read these comments about Vick, and how he does not deserve this, and he does not deserve that. Moreover, he apparently doesn't deserve to be forgiven, although he followed the proper courses toward redemption. So, I am compelled to ask... "Who are we, THE FORGIVEN..to sit on our throne of judgment and refuse to forgive?"

If only we could love ourselves, we could easily love those who have fallen off the path of righteousness. Who is HE that lives in the BIG GLASS HOUSE?

There are people on both sides of this, and everyone has a right to pick their own side. I happen to be on side that doesn't feel that he deserves to be let back into the NFL. Doesn't mean that I am right or wrong just that it is my opinion. I choose not to spend my free time and entertainment dollars supporting a hopefully former crime boss, and that is my choice.

The Commissioner and league owners felt they he could make them more money so they chose to let him back in, even after he lied to their face and made a fool out of all of them. That is their choice as well. I think your being a bit callous with the righteousness however, as this is allot more than a simple issue. We are talking about some pretty major crimes committed over a long period of time. The illegal gambling he did is normally enough to get someone banned from sports for life in itself, and that was probably the most minor of the crimes that were committed. Its not like it was a crime of opportunity or a simple mistake or bad decision either.

This was a cold and calculated set of crimes over a long period of time, including running a cover operation to hide those crimes. Pretty small percentage of population that would look bad when sins are compared I would hope.

A person has to be remorseful before they can be forgiven..Vick thinks he was a victim....that's not a sign of remorse

Well put, Philster. With the assistance of many media types, Vick has constructed this narrative of how he has "overcome all the stuff I had to go through" etc. etc. No remorse at all.

Fair enough he is a midpack QB. Is that even an upgrade from Trent or Fitzy considering the baggage he brings?

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tom Rathman or Mike Alstott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

Then a better choice would be Toby Gerhart from Stanford. He might make some of these third and shorts.

Bills front runners for Vick???

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If they sign him I am done. From a football sense it is a dumb move. He's awful. And don't give me that mobile QB behind a bad offensive line cr@p. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the league before he was incarcerated. From a human sense it is appalling. I can't believe that Ralph would spend his last few years on this planet and the last few years the Bills are in Buffalo being linked to and defending human garbage.

he won that's all that matters. he is better than what we have.

he won that's all that matters. he is better than what we have.

He didn't really win. There was that one monster season everyone is still obsessed over (which was like 5+ years ago--a lifetime in the NFL), but that's it. Low QB rating. Lots of sacks, fumbles and interceptions.

This entire Vick thing revolves entirely around people have heard of him. Delhomme and Grossman are both Super Bowl QBs and available, where's the rush towards them? I mean if winning is the argument, those two have more successful seasons than Vick.

Guest dog14787
Well put, Philster. With the assistance of many media types, Vick has constructed this narrative of how he has "overcome all the stuff I had to go through" etc. etc. No remorse at all.

Myself personally, Michael Vick seems like a changed man and to win over the Eagles locker room like he did says allot in my opinion.

I still have no argument though for some folks who can't stand the thought of Vick playing here in Buffalo.

Myself personally, Michael Vick seems like a changed man and to win over the Eagles locker room like he did says allot in my opinion.

I still have no argument though for some folks who can't stand the thought of Vick playing here in Buffalo.

There is an ongoing argument that says we should be cheering the laundry, regardless of who is dressed in the Bills costume. But I feel the laundry should actually stand for something. I know I am not a Bills fan because of my love of blue shirts and buffalo decals. The uniform should be a symbol of what Buffalo represents, of the value system of the region. For example, a guy like Deion Sanders would not have worked here because he does not fit in with a Buffalo mindset. Same with Vick. Beyond his shortcoming as a QB, which are many and well documented, his wholesale disregard of the opportunities given to him runs in sharp contrast to a blue collar region like this. How could we possibly support giving millions of dollars to man who is so willing to turn his back on his team, fans, and responsibilities through vicious and sociopathic criminal activity? I cheer the Bills since they are the home team and fully represent that which is both good and bad about western New York. During the years I lived in Pittsburgh and Oklahoma supporting the Bills helped remove homesickness. Every Sunday allowed for a small taste of home. But signing a lunatic like Vick? To cynically hire a gimmick, to bring in a mediocre QB in order to get a few minutes of national attention, to bring in a guy that offers no logical solution to a serious problem in order to get mentioned in Peter King's column a little more? That doesn't really fly. Look at how people react towards the rumor of Lynch stealing $20. Fans are outraged such a petty thug represents our town. Compare that to a guy who developed a complicated organization dedicated to illegal gambling and animal torture/murder. Slightly worse than acting like a d-bag in an Applebee's, no?

Guest dog14787
There is an ongoing argument that says we should be cheering the laundry, regardless of who is dressed in the Bills costume. But I feel the laundry should actually stand for something. I know I am not a Bills fan because of my love of blue shirts and buffalo decals. The uniform should be a symbol of what Buffalo represents, of the value system of the region. For example, a guy like Deion Sanders would not have worked here because he does not fit in with a Buffalo mindset. Same with Vick. Beyond his shortcoming as a QB, which are many and well documented, his wholesale disregard of the opportunities given to him runs in sharp contrast to a blue collar region like this. How could we possibly support giving millions of dollars to man who is so willing to turn his back on his team, fans, and responsibilities through vicious and sociopathic criminal activity? I cheer the Bills since they are the home team and fully represent that which is both good and bad about western New York. During the years I lived in Pittsburgh and Oklahoma supporting the Bills helped remove homesickness. Every Sunday allowed for a small taste of home. But signing a lunatic like Vick? To cynically hire a gimmick, to bring in a mediocre QB in order to get a few minutes of national attention, to bring in a guy that offers no logical solution to a serious problem in order to get mentioned in Peter King's column a little more? That doesn't really fly. Look at how people react towards the rumor of Lynch stealing $20. Fans are outraged such a petty thug represents our town. Compare that to a guy who developed a complicated organization dedicated to illegal gambling and animal torture/murder. Slightly worse than acting like a d-bag in an Applebee's, no?

So what your saying is you love the Buffalo Bills, but selling your soul to make them better is not an option, come on... :blink:

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of Michael Vick's QB capabilities, but I've always enjoyed watching Vick run and its possible he's the best all around athlete that ever stepped onto the Football field. Think about it, Vick runs like Barry Sanders and he can throw with both arms better than half the QB's in the NFL throw with one arm. Screw up one of Vicks arms in a game and he still might kick your ass with his other throwing arm. :wallbash:

Fair enough he is a midpack QB. Is that even an upgrade from Trent or Fitzy considering the baggage he brings?

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tom Rathman or Mike Alstott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

Ah, Rathman and Alstott.

Now those were two backs I could believe in! :blink:

I don't want Vick either but this notion that Bills players are more blue collar than other teams, is false.