Bills and Tebow

HooperBills

wow, lots of things said, some really stupid, and some legit.......i think most agree that he is a project, the question then is, is he a project worth taking? say if we had a qb brought in with some experience? and at last is T.Tebow better off now than some of the other qb 'projects' ie-j.russel :( , matt.l :flirt: , b.quinn :unsure: , vince.y :lol: ?? hey guys its fun to talk about, but at the end of the day while tebow may not have some of these guys arms, i think its hard to debate the idea that he has a better mind/head then many if not all of the current 'projects'...................

Speak... English... Please!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so if the Bills get a LT is the 1st round, if Tebow is still there, should they pick him up in say the 2nd? 3rd? Let me know what you think, and please no Jesus comments, yes we know he is Christian, it really has nothing to do with this.

The Bills should show an interest in Tebow because if he is there in the second round he is not a very big risk. The guy is a football player. If Jacksonville thought the Bills were interested in him in the second they might offer a draft pick to switch spots.

i agree

Grab Vick, pick up an OT in the first round, a LB in the seciond, Tebo in the third. Vick/Tebo have like skill sets. Tebo can sit a year and learn. The thing I like about Tebo is his leadership, we havn't had a true leader on this team since the great Jim Kelly. Technique, smetnique, he'll figure a way to get it done.

Grab Vick, pick up an OT in the first round, a LB in the seciond, Tebo in the third. Vick/Tebo have like skill sets. Tebo can sit a year and learn. The thing I like about Tebo is his leadership, we havn't had a true leader on this team since the great Jim Kelly. Technique, smetnique, he'll figure a way to get it done.

Vick and Tebow. That's lovely. Of course they have like skill sets..they're both better suited to be RBs in the NFL as opposed to QBs. Maybe Vick can mentor Tebow too..

I'm going to go on record as someone that would be fine with us drafting Tim Tebow although, especially if we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd. He's not my first choice but if Nix, Modrak and Gailey think he's the real deal then I'll trust them. Nix and Modrak have a proven track record in drafting and their okay is okay with me.

All that being said if Tebow is in our plans, whether it be in the early or mid rounds does that change our draft strategy as far as drafting a tackle? Tebow is left handed and his blindside comes from the right side of the line. We may be able to get a right tackle in FA considerably cheaper then a LT or maybe even Butler/Levitre could be the option there.

Just a thought

I'm going to go on record as someone that would be fine with us drafting Tim Tebow although, especially if we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd. He's not my first choice but if Nix, Modrak and Gailey think he's the real deal then I'll trust them. Nix and Modrak have a proven track record in drafting and their okay is okay with me.

All that being said if Tebow is in our plans, whether it be in the early or mid rounds does that change our draft strategy as far as drafting a tackle? Tebow is left handed and his blindside comes from the right side of the line. We may be able to get a right tackle in FA considerably cheaper then a LT or maybe even Butler/Levitre could be the option there.

Just a thought

Isn't Vick left handed as well? I'm not in love w/ Vick but he can play and it would be an imediate upgrade. We can do a lot worse than a Vick/Tebo combo. add a solid running game in the mix........wildcat w/ Fred Jackson.... just sayin

I'm going on the record with Tim Tebow. I'd love to see this kid in a Bills uni. I wouldn't even mind using our first round pick on the kid. If we can get him in the second round? Even better!

He's a winner. Pure and simple. I don't care about his mechanics. He'll be great, even with his flaws.

The Bills would be lucky to have him.

Yep, I agree. The kid's a winner, and a born leader. That's why Jim Kelly wants him, and thats why I want him. This franchise already sucks, so there is nowhere to go but up. Lets take a chance! Definitely worthy of a 2nd round pick at least.

It's easy to look great when you play on a stocked team, for a game-changing coach, and rarely have to face competition as good as your team or better.

It's VERY easy to be a leader and show heart when you win 99.99% of the time.

I'm so tired of all this Tebow ballwashing. It's absurd. Even for TSW.

And when you do face a teams of equal talent, you go 0-1.

Honestly, it's not even worth the keystrokes anymore. The Teballers will not be dissuaded from the "he just wins" lunacy under any circumstances.

And when you do face a teams of equal talent, you go 0-1.

Honestly, it's not even worth the keystrokes anymore. The Teballers will not be dissuaded from the "he just wins" lunacy under any circumstances.

Now thats just glossing it over. You might as well say the same thing about Jim Kelly, or Joe Montana, that the only reason they won was because they were on good teams. Say what you want, but the facts are that Tebow has won at ever level he has played at, and has been a team leader on every team he has played on. Facts, not conjecture.

Ok, so if the Bills get a LT is the 1st round, if Tebow is still there, should they pick him up in say the 2nd? 3rd? Let me know what you think, and please no Jesus comments, yes we know he is Christian, it really has nothing to do with this.

I think Tebow is ok to get - especially because he really has the Holy Spirit behind him

I'd rather have the Holy Spirit in front of him to block perhaps

Post of the Week.

One reason why I am resisting with Tebow in the RD2 are the players who are still available on most mocks

when we'd pick Tebow. I ran this simulation a few minutes ago:

41 Buffalo Tim Tebow QB Florida

42 NEngland Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

43 Miami Brandon LaFell WR LSU

44 T Bay Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

45 Denver Marshawn Gilyard WR Cincinnati

46 NY Giants Chad Jones SS LSU

47 NEngland Ryan Mathews RBF Fresno State

48 Carolina Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

I'd take Gresham TE, Gilyard WR/KR, and Pierre Paul DE, as well as Hernandez TE before I'd take Tebow at 41.

Now thats just glossing it over. You might as well say the same thing about Jim Kelly, or Joe Montana, that the only reason they won was because they were on good teams. Say what you want, but the facts are that Tebow has won at ever level he has played at, and has been a team leader on every team he has played on. Facts, not conjecture.

Every level? He's 21, how many levels has he played? Let's save the hyperbole, please.

Instead, let's remember it's also a fact that he's never demonstrated the ability to execute as a pocket passer against anything but the most ridiculously over-matched opponents. East Georgia A&M isn't on any NFL schedules next year.

Jim Kelly and Joe Montana were highly accomplished PASSERS in college and right from the start of their pro careers. Nobody needed to fix their throwing mechanics.

And as far as 'just wins', see my sig line.

I'm scared off by his lack of accuracy. At the end of the day, accuracy is far more important that athletisism, arm strength and mobility.

Can a guy hit a receiver who is NFL open or can't he. In the NFL, a tiny amount of seperation is NFL open and if you can't thread that neddle you are not going to be a great passer.

I really do not want Teobow, unless we grab him late in the draft....like 6th/7th round later, or unless we draft down, down down and aquire lots of extra picks. then I'd take a flyer on the guy!