Whitner Wants Troy Smith

BillsNYC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think Poz/Schobel/Kelsay takes heat on this board than you must not read it very much. It sounded like the "image" that you are talking about is a black or white thing? If thats the case, DW would suck if he was purple. McGahee deserved everything he got, he was another big mouth proclaiming he was the best back in the league and pumped out mediocre seasons and has been reduced to a role player in Baltimore. Lynch was beloved by fans when he got here. The stadium erupted when he touched the ball. But he's gotten himself in trouble off of the field way to often and hurt the team by getting suspended this year because he wanted to play Boyz in the Hood again.

Here's the difference between DW and Byrd...instincts. Byrd knows where that ball is going and shows up before it gets there. DW, watches the reciever catch it and then takes a bad angle to make the tackle.

I have done my share of Poz, Whitner and Kelsey bashing on this board. My real issue with these guys are they haven't lived up to the expectation that I expected. I thought Kelsey was rewarded hansomely for mediocrity but his play has not demonstrated anything beyond mediocrity. I would like to think I am an equal opportunity basher.

Poz, we traded up, give up a draft pick to get him and gave up a solid leader player (Fletcher) for some one that was highly touted. He can not complete a whole season. Has not lived up to expectation not worth what we gave up for him.

Whitner, like Poz has not lived up to expectation especially for an #8 pick. Does he suck, no but he is only mediocre on a good day. I don't fault Whitner for trying to be a leader saying we will make the playoffs. I could see through that when he did it. The problem is we have talent like Byrd and Wilson that have become more productive than Whitner. We now see impact plays at the safety position from people other than Whitner.

Would I trade Whitner, Poz or Kelsey maybe..maybe not but I definitely feel that each position needs to be upgraded would not think twice about benching each one.

You're going to actually trade something for Troy Smith?

like, a 6th round pick?

:thumbsup:

Smith is a restricted free agent. If the Ravens tender him at the lowest level, signing him would cost a 5th-rounder in compensation, assuming the Ravens didn't match. I think they'll tender him either there or at the next level, which would mean a 2nd-rounder as compensation. That's too rich for my blood, but I'd be fine with the 5th-rounder.