Mock Draft...11 results in one

Munch

Interesting article from Bleacher report. Has 11 mock draft results listed for each team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/332625-...-pre-super-bowl

No. 9 Buffalo Bills:

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - ESPN.com's Mel Kiper

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - cbssports.com's Rob Rang

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - cbssports.com's Chad Reuter

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - walterfootball.com

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - walterfootball.com's Matt McGuire

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - draftsite.com

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - newnfldraft.com

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - nfldraftdog.com

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - draftcountdown.com

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - nfldraftgeek.com

While I understand we need an OT, I do not think round 1 is where you take one. Bottom line is we need someone to lead this team and throw the WR the football. You could have given Fitz or Trent 6 seconds every play and they would still be terrible.People can say all they want that LT is the most important position in football, but QB is IMO more important. Fact is you cannot win consistently in the NFL without a good one.

That being said, the only QB worth taking at #9 is IMO Jimmy Clausen. If he isnt there, which he likely wont, McClain is the answer. If he is gone too, we need to trade up and get Clausen (not likely with Ralphie) or trade down and fill some holes w/ some decent picks. Find a way to trade down and get an additional 2nd rounder and address QB OT and DT with those picks (not necessarily in that order).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoefully by the time the draft has rolled around we wont' need to draft a QB at one because we'll have already signed Kyle Orton. Pick the best player available. We need help everywhere.

Kyle Orton is not the answer at QB. He is Trent v2. :P

If Denver trades for him and lets him go after 1 year, w/ Brandon Marshall and their O line, there is no way he would work out here.

Kyle Orton is not the answer at QB. He is Trent v2. :P

If Denver trades for him and lets him go after 1 year, w/ Brandon Marshall and their O line, there is no way he would work out here.

its not that denver traded for him. he was merely part of the package theyve got for cutler. and while i agree he wont be the answer hes at least willing to throw downfield.

for me, id love tradedown several times and get a bunch of picks. this team needs alot of players...........

its not that denver traded for him. he was merely part of the package theyve got for cutler. and while i agree he wont be the answer hes at least willing to throw downfield.

for me, id love tradedown several times and get a bunch of picks. this team needs alot of players...........

THe fact that Kyle Orton has an NFL job is one of the great mysteries of the NFL.

I'd rather have fitzpatrick, and thats the truth

We have one simple trend in the last 10 years... bad OL play and bad QB play and there is a definite correlation. I think you build an OL first, get a stop gap vet QB and draft someone to develop and build from your lines out. It's simply a question of how an offensive system functions. An offense functions first with the OL. Success and failure in the run and pass game is predicated on that group. A bad group and no matter who your QB is, you're going to struggle. A good group can help mediocre teams do well. Any rookie QB behind a shoddy OL is going to struggle. Sorry, but the game is as much mental as physical and when you don't get time to throw, don't get time to survey the field and get physically abused, it changes the way you play and you lose confidence and regress. We've seen it with all the young QBs we've had. If you look at the Jets and Sanchez, they had an OL that gave him the opportunity to not lose games, which is different than making him try to win games. You can develop a rookie QB behind that kind of line and with a good running game. Ball control and first downs will help overcome the bad TD:INT ratio that Sanchez had. Let's be honest, the guy was average and they won with him being average because they had an OL with skills and Pro Bowlers that opened holes for the RB and kept Sanchez upright enough to make some plays when he had too.

Agreed that clausen is the only rd 1 qb , i would not be happy with bradford at all.

Couldn't disagree more, I would 'take' him if there at 9 but only and only if Sam Bradford and Rolando McClain are off the board. Bradford is the guy at QB. He is the best QB in this class and someone that Tha Chan could build around. Yes the shoulder, but I think they were two separate freak injuries. He's 6'5'' and can read defenses. I want the QB that has a nickname like Matty Ice or something, NOT the one with all the tangibles. There is just something JP Losman-esque about Jimmy Clausen - and I'm talking solely about his leadership qualities. He was the biggest high school recruit and proclaimed he'd bring ND football back. Obviously did not happen and he did put up good numbers but I just get the feeling that he's gonna flame out in the NFL.

Interesting article from Bleacher report. Has 11 mock draft results listed for each team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/332625-...-pre-super-bowl

No. 9 Buffalo Bills:

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - ESPN.com's Mel Kiper

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - cbssports.com's Rob Rang

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - cbssports.com's Chad Reuter

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - walterfootball.com

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - walterfootball.com's Matt McGuire

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - draftsite.com

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - newnfldraft.com

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - nfldraftdog.com

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - draftcountdown.com

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - nfldraftgeek.com

I would completely bust one if we got Clausen... I don't see him being around though... I am not a huge Bradford fan... My(realistic) preferences are 1)Clausen 2)Gerald McCoy 3)McClain 4) Okung All franchise changers with HOF potential...

There will be one of two choices at 9. Anthony Davis, the OT from Rutgers or Brian Baluga. If Gailey and Nix have any brains at all they will pick whichever one is available at 9. Nothing else makes sense. It will be a bigger mistake than failing to pick Ngata, then failing to pick Oher. The Jets did great with a rookie qb because they spent the earlier drafts building a quality offensive line. You aren't going to build a great building without building a great foundation. First choice Davis or Baluga. Write it down and start thinking about your second round pick, Chan and Buddy.

haha, how do we have a thread about the draft and Kyle orton is the focus of the conversation? This is probably the first time on this board I have heard that signing orton should be considered. And why would people think we can sign him? I doubt he is a FA in march and I doubt Denver is willing to trade a 2nd QB for the 2nd year in a row.

Also, I would much rather draft a tackle in the 2nd round. Okung is already going to get picked before us and he is the only tackle worth that spot. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Clausen. He seems to be great. Can never tell how he will be in the pros till you see him in action. But hell, if he turns out to be a franchise QB, it would really suck to pass on him. I think it is a decent risk.

Mcclain is my favorite for our first pick. I don't think they are going to take him. But he seems like he can make a really nice impact on the defense early and immediatly makes us better.

Who in their right mind wants Kyle Friggin Orton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orton's not as bad as people in this thread are making him out to be.......he's easily twice as good as anyone who's on the current roster. That being said, he'd just be a stop-gap type of QB for a season or two.

If you can give Bradford protection, I think he could pick apart a defense.

I think Claussen is a poor man's Jay Cutler. Or maybe a poor man's Philip Rivers if you want to be really kind to him. I would take him, but he doesn't necessarily blow me away. The plus is that he is pro ready and I think he is a gamer. The negatives are his attitude.

I wouldn't be unhappy with taking a QB. We need to take care of that issue at some point and while people are constantly saying we need a left tackle (an idea I clearly agree with), we need a QB just as badly. I understand that a rookie QB who has 0 protection can be a disaster. But, its not easy to find a top QB after the 1st round. You can find a OT in the later rounds.

The OT class this year seems to be high risk high reward. A lot of guys who could potentially be monsters, but no one who is a "sure thing". That scares me a bit.

We have one simple trend in the last 10 years... bad OL play and bad QB play and there is a definite correlation. I think you build an OL first, get a stop gap vet QB and draft someone to develop and build from your lines out. It's simply a question of how an offensive system functions. An offense functions first with the OL.

The problem is that your timeline doesn't fit. How many years does it take to get a great oline? Minimum two if you make all the right moves. If year 3 you are satisfied then you suggest trying to fill the QB slot, even though you have no idea if anyone is available that year TO fill it out. Even if you did find someone that year - you are looking at year four until they are productive. So now you are 6-7 years into the process... IF you nail that QB 1st try AND if you nail down 5 oline spots in 2 years.

:doh:

you get your QB whenever you think you have the chance to get a good one. Anything less is foolish and wishful thinking about the future.

I think Claussen is a poor man's Jay Cutler. Or maybe a poor man's Philip Rivers if you want to be really kind to him. I would take him, but he doesn't necessarily blow me away. The plus is that he is pro ready and I think he is a gamer. The negatives are his attitude.

That seems to be the one thing everyone is worried about. It is disturbing when EVERYONE says it.

We have one simple trend in the last 10 years... bad OL play and bad QB play and there is a definite correlation. I think you build an OL first, get a stop gap vet QB and draft someone to develop and build from your lines out. It's simply a question of how an offensive system functions. An offense functions first with the OL. Success and failure in the run and pass game is predicated on that group. A bad group and no matter who your QB is, you're going to struggle. A good group can help mediocre teams do well. Any rookie QB behind a shoddy OL is going to struggle. Sorry, but the game is as much mental as physical and when you don't get time to throw, don't get time to survey the field and get physically abused, it changes the way you play and you lose confidence and regress. We've seen it with all the young QBs we've had. If you look at the Jets and Sanchez, they had an OL that gave him the opportunity to not lose games, which is different than making him try to win games. You can develop a rookie QB behind that kind of line and with a good running game. Ball control and first downs will help overcome the bad TD:INT ratio that Sanchez had. Let's be honest, the guy was average and they won with him being average because they had an OL with skills and Pro Bowlers that opened holes for the RB and kept Sanchez upright enough to make some plays when he had too.

Why is it so hard for people to understand we are not one draft away from winning we are 2 to 3 drafts away, I would go with QB we have now, unless we get a flyer in 3rd round or somehow trade down, we need value and picks. Good Teams are built from the Lines out both Defense and Offense go Linemen on both sides... This year while putting in good schemes and adding low cost solid Free Agents, has no one noticed the TEAMS that win in this LEAGUE, COME ON MAN

The problem is that your timeline doesn't fit. How many years does it take to get a great oline? Minimum two if you make all the right moves. If year 3 you are satisfied then you suggest trying to fill the QB slot, even though you have no idea if anyone is available that year TO fill it out. Even if you did find someone that year - you are looking at year four until they are productive. So now you are 6-7 years into the process... IF you nail that QB 1st try AND if you nail down 5 oline spots in 2 years.

:doh:

you get your QB whenever you think you have the chance to get a good one. Anything less is foolish and wishful thinking about the future.

To start with..this is NOT a good year for qb's. there are three or four good offensive tackles for the first round. We NEED two offensive linemen...tackles. It would be nice to have another center, but the one we have is serviceable. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Fix the offensive line, fix the defensive line, then next year find a qb, assuming none of them available to us now pan out with a serviceable offensive line. Drafting a qb right now would be the Joey Harrington David Carr route....only with a player not as talented as Joey Harrington or David Carr.