The Bills Oline- will it be better in 2010

....lybob

I think the Bills are in good position to have a much improved O-line in 2010 it's a pretty good draft class for OT's (abet no real franchise types but at 9 franchise OTs are gone anyways) also the Bills have some interesting young OT's on their roster now who may develop.

If the Bills do draft an OT in the first round it will be interesting to see what direction they go in

Tier 1. Russell Okung the consensus best OT in the draft- the Bills would have to move up to get him.

Tier 2. Bryan Bulga- probably the most ready to play right away, decent qualities to play both LT and RT, Blue collar with some nasty, some medical issues, Irregular heartbeat due to thyroid but seems to be under control.

Anthony Davis- most dominate run blocker, huge, may be a better fit at RT but athletic qualities to play LT, weight could be a concern, techniques need to be polished.

Bruce Campbell- Nice size and tremendous athletic qualities, probably has the most upside, lest experience than the others, may need more work on technique, some injuries, not nasty enough?

Bills will likely have their choice of two of the three, maybe all three

Tier 3. Trent Williams was rated higher but has been dropping- good size and strength, questions about if he has the athletic ability to play LT

Charles Brown moving up the boards former TE who's very athletic but has questions about weight and strength.

Interesting players on the Bills right now - Jamon Meredith, like Bell an athletic guy who could use a little bulk, unlike Bell is already very strong, Jason Watkins a former tight end, athletic, good size, needs to get stronger, Nick Hennessey again decent size and athletic ability needs bulk strength,.

If Woods can come back a 100% from injury I like a starting interior Line of Levitre LG, Woods C, Incognito RG- Let Butler and Meredith fight it out for RT with the loser backing up RT/OG, Hangartner can back up C/OG, Bell can back up LT, and Watkins or Hennessey as Backup OT's- and who ever we pick in the first round as starting LT.

If we can't come up with a good o line after the 42 free agents we brought in during the season and a top 10 draft pick then we need to pack it in. :death:

That's what I'm saying even though the Bills haven't done a very good job drafting- and with no CBA the FA is crap- The Bills did a good Job bringing in FAs and stealing players off other teams practice squads last year- and this is a pretty good year for OTs in the draft- so without major stupidity I think the Bills could go from one of the worst Olines in the NFL to an average Oline.

What's with the joined date and post count infatuation?

don't know what that has to do with anything, my comment was because he makes snide negative comments and doesn't have the decency to at least tell you what he thinks is stupid- hard to have a conversation like that.

Most of the guys we played last year had no or very little experience. Now we have a lot of young guys with good experience. We also have a Had Coach that knows how to build an offense. It think there is a good chance we have a above average o-line. I agree the key is staying healthy.

Typical ass clown TBD replies. A good well thought out post gets drowned out with posts such as:

What's with the joined date and post count infatuation?
There's a glitch in the matrixxxx

I digress. Buluga seems like a great pick at 9. It will be interesting if Clausen, McClain, and Buluga are all on the board. That will really tell which direction our team is headed. Bruce Campbell is intriguing. He is shooting up some draft boards, and I have seen him as high as a top 5 pick. The combine will determine how the tackles ultimately rank. At 9 we should get a great player. And there is much depth at oline this draft- even to the second round

With a good LT, we can indeed be improved. But we will still be a very young and inexperienced line which has had little or no chance to gel.

And don't forget that Incognito might well not be here next year. His contract is up.

There are also injury questions concerning Butler and Wood. I'm assuming that they'll be healthy at the start of camp, because that's what the doctors say, so it's the best guess, but will they be as strong as they were? And is Butler injury-prone or just unlucky?

I expect us to need at least another year to gel and become a good line, and that is only if we get a good LT.

That's what I'm saying even though the Bills haven't done a very good job drafting- and with no CBA the FA is crap- The Bills did a good Job bringing in FAs and stealing players off other teams practice squads last year- and this is a pretty good year for OTs in the draft- so without major stupidity I think the Bills could go from one of the worst Olines in the NFL to an average Oline.

They were practice squad guys for a reason. And remember, Incognito may be gone.

Typical ass clown TBD replies. A good well thought out post gets drowned out with posts such as:

I digress. Buluga seems like a great pick at 9. It will be interesting if Clausen, McClain, and Buluga are all on the board. That will really tell which direction our team is headed. Bruce Campbell is intriguing. He is shooting up some draft boards, and I have seen him as high as a top 5 pick. The combine will determine how the tackles ultimately rank. At 9 we should get a great player. And there is much depth at oline this draft- even to the second round

Agreed - although I need to see more to decide between (Buluga, Campbell, and Davis)- I was watching Highlights of them and others on Youtube and the players who really impressed me were Charles Brown and Iupati, I think if Charles Brown weighs in at 300+ and does pretty good in the bench he could move as high as 2nd OT as for Iupati he dominated and looks agile enough to play RT as well.