Aaron Kampman anyone?

As the season draws to a close and we gear up for FA and the Draft, the Bills have a number of holes to fill.

DE Aaron Kampman of the Packers is set to hit FA. He is a beast 4-3 DE but struggled mightily as a 3-4 OLB as the Packers made the switch under Dom Capers. He wound up on IR due to an ACL tear but should be ready for camp.

No longer a fit in GB, he may become available via FA.

While I'm aware we have yet to hire a DC and may very well end up switching to a 3-4, I really don't think we have the personnel to make such a change. I also think the trend of NFL defenses will begin to shift back to the 4-3. As a note, the two SB teams run 4-3 and three of the four teams that played this weekend do too. It's all about personnel and how you use them.

In any case, with Schobel's possible retirement, Kelsay's average-at-best play and the unknown that is Maybin, we could use a guy like Kampman to help us do what we've had a hard time doing: Turfing the opposing team's QB.

I think this is a realistic possibility and a very good fit for both sides.

Thoughts?

I would want him on our team. next year we're going to be probably be mixing it up between 3 and 4 down lineman regardless. Denney will be gone. Ellis never plays, Maybin is a total question mark. Schobel may retire. Yeah, I'd say we need the help.

also lets get that Johnny Jolly too.

As the season draws to a close and we gear up for FA and the Draft, the Bills have a number of holes to fill.

DE Aaron Kampman of the Packers is set to hit FA. He is a beast 4-3 DE but struggled mightily as a 3-4 OLB as the Packers made the switch under Dom Capers. He wound up on IR due to an ACL tear but should be ready for camp.

While I'm aware we have yet to hire a DC and may very well end up switching to a 3-4, I really don't think we have the personnel to make such a change. I also think the trend of NFL defenses will begin to shift back to the 4-3. As a note, the two SB teams run 4-3 and three of the four teams that played this weekend do too. It's all about personnel and how you use them.

In any case, with Schobel's possible retirement, Kelsay's average-at-best play and the unknown that is Maybin, we could use a guy like Kampman to help us do what we've had a hard time doing: Turfing the opposing team's QB.

Thoughts?

the bills dont have the personnel to play 4-3 either

Richard Seymour would be my number 1 pick as he can play LDE on two downs, slide into DT on 3rd and long, and would probably play with some extra nasty when we played the Patsy- but since everyone good left FA will be slapped with the Franchise tag I'd be happy with Kampman.

Thoughts?

No

Thoughts?

YES!

We already have 3 Aaron Kampman's on our roster-- Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney. No, thanks.

The only Kampman we have is Schobel. Kampman tore it up before switching to Caper's 3-4. And who knows, if he didn't get injured, he may have adapted by the end of the year like the rest of the Packer's D eventually did. I would pick him up.

Kampy is the ****. Its too bad we couldn't use him in the 3-4 effectively, but I would love to see him go to B-lo and make some plays. I just wish we traded him last season before the the deadline so we could get something for him at 100%