The PFW article on the front page

Two years ago the Bills had the 4th highest payroll in the NFL.

It's not that Ralph doesn't spend money, he just doesn't spend it wisely.

Neither do the other guys. So...the fact that they spend gobs of money, albeit foolishly, makes it better?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!! Not anything we didn't already know, but to hear personnel directors say what they say is bracing. I realize that many here will criticize the piece because people didn't go on record, but when you say that sort of stuff, you simply can't go on record.

It is very unfortunate that the same people forget that it was Ralph who went against the labor agreement the last time they did a deal. And Ralph was proved right even by the big spenders just two years later, when they opted out of the CBA making the next year the uncapped year.

To say that Ralph is out of touch is Asnine. What Ralph has not going for him is in being able to hire a genuine football GM in the last decade...But that was purely by how Donahoe burned him. I would be skeptical too.

Take a look at Bill Polian and see what a great prototype GM should look like.

You mean the same Battling Bill who shoved a Jets official or busted some Colts' fans chops or ripped the owners daughter a new one in public?

The bottom line is all that counts. I trust Nix to do a better job of player personnel / draft evaluation than we've seen here for the past 5 years. Everything else in the PFW piece is flatulance...

I logged in at work just to post this....I mean...WOW!

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/2...ms-start-at-top

Finally somebody confirms the Brandon power grab I've been talking about since the day they promoted him/Nix.

Ralph wanted Lynch???

Nix is viewed as a joke around the league, wonderful.

This team is such a mess.

Big deal! So one guy thinks Nix is a joke. Who cares?! Just remember Nix's drafting record in SD. If he brings that to the table with equal success, he can remain the GM forever for all I care -- and I really don't care how candid he is in press conferences -- it's a refreshing change from the norm. Polian was also one to give candid interviews and press conferences -- need that around here.

Polian was also one to give candid interviews and press conferences -- need that around here.

LOL, that's putting it mildly! I think "incendiary" would be a better way to describe some of his press conferences.

You're right about one thing.......it doesn't really matter what some "unnamed" personnel guy on another team thinks.

The NFL is full of strong willed guys. They dont' always get along very well. That leads to feuds that last for years.

LOL, that's putting it mildly! I think "incendiary" would be a better way to describe some of his press conferences.

You're right about one thing.......it doesn't really matter what some "unnamed" personnel guy on another team thinks.

The NFL is full of strong willed guys. They dont' always get along very well. That leads to feuds that last for years.

Oh, so true! I remember him screaming at the press to get out of town if they had a problem with Jim Kelly -- that was great. Well, OK, maybe it was a little over-the-top, but success is success and so long as Polian was doing his job and Kelly was doing his job, then they can say whatever they want IMO.

Not surprising that sources don't want to go on the record with OPINIONS. Unless your paid to express those opnions, there's no good reason to go on the record with them and you don't have to own them when they go bad. Hey GM of team X why has your team just lost to the Buffalo Bills for the 3rd consecutive time? Aren't they being run by the guy you said was a bafoon? What does that make you?

Not surprising that sources don't want to go on the record with OPINIONS. Unless your paid to express those opnions, there's no good reason to go on the record with them and you don't have to own them when they go bad. Hey GM of team X why has your team just lost to the Buffalo Bills for the 3rd consecutive time? Aren't they being run by the guy you said was a bafoon? What does that make you?

Valid point .. but what team could possibly have a three-game losing streak against Buffalo, other than Marvin Lewis' Bengals? :P

PFW probably used the same source. The point of the article was to trash Wilson and the Bills, so asking for a "source" that had already done it would make sense. :P

It is totally false that ostriches bury their head in the sand to avoid facing reality. However, some Bills fans...