Leslie Frazier could have been a good coach

bluv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wish that so much on Frazier as I do on Brian Shottenheimer and Russ Grimm.

Schottenheimer is a young guy, him and Harbaugh get a pass. Frazier and Grimm are both long in the tooth coaches who are complete morons to act as if somehow the Bills are not a worthy enough franchise to show interest in being their head coach. I'm glad the Bills stopped pursuing them and neither of them are the Bills head coach.

Yup. Disregard the fact that his defense held the NFL's most prolific offense to 257 yards of total offense. He must've told his team to fumble the ball six times, too.

Going into the game anyone with a brain knew they couldn't get pressure with the front 4 but Frazier went ahead and didn't blitz the LB's. Bottom line his gameplan sucked. The guy runs the tampon 2 and it bit him in the ass yesterday.

Schottenheimer is a young guy, him and Harbaugh get a pass. Frazier and Grimm are both long in the tooth coaches who are complete morons to act as if somehow the Bills are not a worthy enough franchise to show interest in being their head coach. I'm glad the Bills stopped pursuing them and neither of them are the Bills head coach.

I don't think it's crystal clear to anyone that Frazier was not interested. That's not what the last reports indicated. He cannot have turned down the Bills point-blank because the Bills could not have offered him the job until last night.

Chan wasn't my choice... But as far as 2 winning season and 2 playoff trips goes, it is a fact. However his first year he took over a team that WON the Super Bowl the year before. His second season they went to the playoffs at 8-8. How often does that happen?

That said, I'm on the Gailey band wagon until proven unworthy. I did the same with Dick. The Cleveland MNF debacle was what got me officailly off his band wagon.

I wanted to return to this. Switzer's 1997 'Boys were 6-10, not SB winners, just FYI.

Going into the game anyone with a brain knew they couldn't get pressure with the front 4 but Frazier went ahead and didn't blitz the LB's. Bottom line his gameplan sucked. The guy runs the tampon 2 and it bit him in the ass yesterday.

I hate to use this again, but it obviously hasn't gotten through. His defense held the NFL's most prolific offense to 257 total yards. But obviously you know better how to coordinate a defense and your gameplan would've done even better.

I remember your threads praising Fraizier, but suddenly Frazier's scheme sucks and he has no brain. You've flip flopped from blind love of Frazier to blind hate. Any outcome of the Vikings performances would be used to prove your point.

I don't think it's crystal clear to anyone that Frazier was not interested. That's not what the last reports indicated. He cannot have turned down the Bills point-blank because the Bills could not have offered him the job until last night.

I wanted to return to this. Switzer's 1997 'Boys were 6-10, not SB winners, just FYI.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ed-bring-dungy/

"On Sunday, Jay Glazer of FOX reported that Frazier was telling Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke during last weekend's interview that Frazier could get Dungy to come with him to Seattle."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...bout-bills-job/

"The only thing I'm really focused on right now is the NFC Championship game," Frazier said. "In the meantime, enjoy this for a little bit then on Monday we got to get ready for that NFC Championship game."

That was the Sunday before the Monday it was reported that the Bills had decided on Gailey. It was insulting to the Bills that Frazier was campaigning so heavily for a job he had absolutely no shot at when he was still in the running for the Bills head coaching position. Who is Leslie Frazier to thumb his nose at the Bills job with that desperation move to try to get the Seattle job instead? He really should have been showing interest in the Bills job.

One minute he's pleading the Seahawks, the next he doesn't want to talk about the Bills job. He's a tool for thinking he's better than the Bills and we are lucky the Bills didn't hire him. The Bills basically told Frazier to get lost when they read those stories.

I don't buy it since we have no idea what words were exchanged between the Bills and Frazier. We only knew that the Bills were "impressed."

Obviously Frazier wants a HC position. He wouldn't have to sell the Bills on a GM candidate because Nix is already the guy. I just think of the Dungy / Seattle overtures as angling for a position. There's nothing to suggest he wasn't angling for the position with the Bills, just as there's little to suggest that he was. Reporters are doing their jobs, but Mortenson was pretty much campaigning for Frazier and has a bone to pick with the Bills, and even he said that Frazier did not decline the Bills' advances. The Bills went their own way because they wanted HC experience. Meanwhile, the only time we heard actual words from Frazier, they regarded his concentration on the task at hand. That's a man doing his job. Why should he comment about the Bills job when he has a job to do?

I don't buy it since we have no idea what words were exchanged between the Bills and Frazier. We only knew that the Bills were "impressed."

Obviously Frazier wants a HC position. He wouldn't have to sell the Bills on a GM candidate because Nix is already the guy. I just think of the Dungy / Seattle overtures as angling for a position. There's nothing to suggest he wasn't angling for the position with the Bills, just as there's little to suggest that he was. Reporters are doing their jobs, but Mortenson was pretty much campaigning for Frazier and has a bone to pick with the Bills, and even he said that Frazier did not decline the Bills' advances. The Bills went their own way because they wanted HC experience. Meanwhile, the only time we heard actual words from Frazier, they regarded his concentration on the task at hand. That's a man doing his job. Why should he comment about the Bills job when he has a job to do?

Wow, so you see nothing wrong with Frazier's pining for a job he has zero chance of getting after interviewing with the Bills, a team for which he had a very good chance at getting the job???? It's one thing to be Bill Cowher, it's another thing to be Leslie "Mr. Nobody" Frazier. This moron made the Bills decision very easy for them. "So you're going to rate the Bills job behind the Seahawks job which you have no shot at???? Go f yourself, here's Gailey!!!!"

If you want to think it was just a coincidence that Gailey's name was announced the day after the stories of Frazier making serious overtures to get the Seattle job (a job he had no chance at mind you), then you are truly naive. Frazier thought the Bills were too stupid to notice he was bribing the Seahawks so as not be punished with the Bills head coaching job.

BTW, any guy who makes "Dungy" his biggest reason for him being hired for a head coaching job is probably NOT going to make a very good head coach.

If the Bills had waited, Frazier would have been a much better sale than Gailey (Chan could have been the O-coordinator no problem though!)

Winning will be the best sale there is... if they bring in better personnel, they'll start winning.. Its actually that simple guys. I get why we are all disappointed because all of these big time coaches were in and out of OBD, but lets put this in perspective. Give Chan a chance to assemble a squad and build a team... He's a smart coach with a lot of experience and a no nonsense attitude..

OK you didn't say great; does that make you happy? You were however trying to sell Gailey accolades like this is was a good hire. It might prove to be but from the oneset it is about as good as Jauron's hire: hiring a retread coach who has had little success; a least give Fraizer a chance to fail - as a head coach! I as many would be more willing to give a rookie coach or QB more slack than a proven retread - at losing! Bottom line: I'll give Gailey a chance and we'll see in 2010 but if we had not rushed we probably could have gotten a better option.

So you were hoping to get a rookie HC so you could cut him some slack when he loses? Give me a break. And please anyone on this board, who agrees with the premise that we RUSHED to get a HC raise your hands now. Anyone, Anyone, Bueller.

Leslie Frazier might have been a good HC but we wont get to find out until he takes the Raiders job next year. Anyone who interviews for the Seattle job knowing full well they already had there man and that he was just the token interview for the NFLs Rooney rule is a joke in my book. Get some nutz.

Gailey has the skills we are looking for and until he proves that all the previous success he has had was all just a fluke, lets talk about the draft or uniforms for christ sake.

And for all those people who think we could have had Frazier and Gailey, are you serious? No one would have come here if they were going to be told who there OC or DC was going to be. The Bills gave out pink slips. Our ace Special teams coach is gone. Use your f'n heads people. :death:

So you were hoping to get a rookie HC so you could cut him some slack when he loses? Give me a break. And please anyone on this board, who agrees with the premise that we RUSHED to get a HC raise your hands now. Anyone, Anyone, Bueller.

Leslie Frazier might have been a good HC but we wont get to find out until he takes the Raiders job next year. Anyone who interviews for the Seattle job knowing full well they already had there man and that he was just the token interview for the NFLs Rooney rule is a joke in my book. Get some nutz.

Gailey has the skills we are looking for and until he proves that all the previous success he has had was all just a fluke, lets talk about the draft or uniforms for christ sake.

And for all those people who think we could have had Frazier and Gailey, are you serious? No one would have come here if they were going to be told who there OC or DC was going to be. The Bills gave out pink slips. Our ace Special teams coach is gone. Use your f'n heads people. :P

The point is that we COULD have gotten Gailey as an offensive coordinator as nobody wanted him and he wanted to get back in the NFL! If Weis can come back as a coordinator then Gailey definitely would!

I don't understand this "love" for Gailey as if he was a hot commodity that we wanted all along! I have said numerous times in this tread that I will give him a chance but don't try to over hype and sell this retread to me as a good hire - CHILD PLEASE!

If the Bills had waited, Frazier would have been a much better sale than Gailey (Chan could have been the O-coordinator no problem though!)

Im actually excited about Chan Gailey. Yes , I know we didn't hire the Big Name or Peter Queen's #1 choice , but I feel as though we will be closer to respectibility and the playoffs with Gailey that we would have been hiring Frazier.

Wow, so you see nothing wrong with Frazier's pining for a job he has zero chance of getting after interviewing with the Bills, a team for which he had a very good chance at getting the job???? It's one thing to be Bill Cowher, it's another thing to be Leslie "Mr. Nobody" Frazier. This moron made the Bills decision very easy for them. "So you're going to rate the Bills job behind the Seahawks job which you have no shot at???? Go f yourself, here's Gailey!!!!"

If you want to think it was just a coincidence that Gailey's name was announced the day after the stories of Frazier making serious overtures to get the Seattle job (a job he had no chance at mind you), then you are truly naive. Frazier thought the Bills were too stupid to notice he was bribing the Seahawks so as not be punished with the Bills head coaching job.

BTW, any guy who makes "Dungy" his biggest reason for him being hired for a head coaching job is probably NOT going to make a very good head coach.

I see nothing wrong with Frazier himself saying nothing publicly about either job. He said not a word about either job. If he was "pining" for the Seattle gig, this was only confirmed through Jay Glazer's report. The absence of any report in which he was "pining" for the Bills job doesn't mean he didn't want it. He may in fact have wanted the Bills more than they wanted him, given his lack of HC experience.

You're comparing apples and oranges, and the apples only maybe exist.

I see nothing wrong with Frazier himself saying nothing publicly about either job. He said not a word about either job. If he was "pining" for the Seattle gig, this was only confirmed through Jay Glazer's report. The absence of any report in which he was "pining" for the Bills job doesn't mean he didn't want it. He may in fact have wanted the Bills more than they wanted him, given his lack of HC experience.

You're comparing apples and oranges, and the apples only maybe exist.

There was something very strange about the abruptness of the Bills hiring of Gailey. I will always feel that something was Frazier's cooling attitude towards the Bills job which was confirmed by the Bills sometime that Sunday night before the news hit on the next day about Gailey.