I wish the Bills went 0-16 in 1997

Kelly had just retired, man it would have been the perfect year for imperfection. We never would have traded the Jags our draft pick for Rob Johnson, instead would have had a Peyton Manning run team for the last 12 seasons...that's assuming we would not have taken Ryan Leaf (which we all know what assuming does). Man it's fun to dream.

Predictable post. Expect most others to reveal the same sentiment.

Great players have to be developed and nurtured and need a solid supporting cast. Just because Peyton Manning is a hall of fame QB with the Colts means he would be anything close with the Bills.

PTR

Still, the 1998 Bills weren't a terrible team like we've gotten used to. They were a good team that held the QB position together with tape. Rookie Manning would have had Thurman Thomas in the backfield and Andre Reed out wide, with Eric Moulds coming up strong.

Great players have to be developed and nurtured and need a solid supporting cast. Just because Peyton Manning is a hall of fame QB with the Colts means he would be anything close with the Bills.

PTR

He would've had a good supporting cast on offense as silvermike said. There was a fair coach in place in Wade Phillips. We had a dominating defense in the late 90s that would not have been blown up if we were a winning team with a stable quarterback.

Don't confuse the late 90s Bills with the 2009 Bills.

PTR

Plus the line was deteriorating and ended Kellys career early. Manning would have been killed and we would have been drafting cbs., lbs and st vs OL.

u guys are !@#$ing lame wishing bills going 0-16. the point is winning football games. if they just had drafted better, signed better FA and locked up good players they would have been alot better. getting 1st overall doesn't gaurantee ****! so stop !@#$ing wishing for more losses on the franchises all time records. for !@#$s sakes!

u guys are !@#$ing lame wishing bills going 0-16. the point is winning football games. if they just had drafted better, signed better FA and locked up good players they would have been alot better. getting 1st overall doesn't gaurantee ****! so stop !@#$ing wishing for more losses on the franchises all time records. for !@#$s sakes!

I wish we could lose all our fames so we can draft great players and keep losing all our games. :ph34r:

PTR

PTR

False. Great players make for great coaches and rarely is it the other way around. Manning would have been a winner on any team in this league. Tony Dungy, Bill Polian, the Irsay family, and all of Indianapolis should be thankful they got Manning. I'd like to see how well they would have done nurturing and developing Ryan Leaf or the next guy for that matter.

Typical, predictable post. Expect most others to reveal the same sentiment.

I tend to agree. While the coaching over the last 10-12 years has been mediocre, the quality of players and depth of this team has been downright awful. Bills fans like to think that alot of these players were good but just not developed correctly. I can respect that logic but only to a certain extent. The majority of the problem is the inferior talent, that can't be fixed with solid coaching.

I wonder if they did draft Manning, would they have still signed Flutie to sell tickets?

signing Flutie didn't sell the tickets...Flutie's play that season sold the tix...Flutie was pretty much an afterthought when he was signed. We all hoped our $25M man was going to provide some great QB play

signing Flutie didn't sell the tickets...Flutie's play that season sold the tix...Flutie was pretty much an afterthought when he was signed. We all hoped our $25M man was going to provide some great QB play

He didn't get the $25 mill until after his performance in '98, which makes your point even stronger.

He didn't get the $25 mill until after his performance in '98, which makes your point even stronger.

I think you're thinking of Flutie...RJ had the $25M deal that he signed when he was traded to us. Flutie's initial deal was 2 yrs, $1.1M if I'm not mistaken. After his performance in 98, Ralph had that deal torn up and he was given a 4-year, $22M deal, making him the higher-paid QB over the length of the contract

PTR

That's just not true. Peyton is anything but a system QB. He is an all-world QB and would be with any franchise. He's single-handedly turning guys off the street like Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon into extremely serviceable WR's.

I think you're thinking of Flutie...RJ had the $25M deal that he signed when he was traded to us. Flutie's initial deal was 2 yrs, $1.1M if I'm not mistaken. After his performance in 98, Ralph had that deal torn up and he was given a 4-year, $22M deal, making him the higher-paid QB over the length of the contract

You are right, I am thinking of Flutie. Need to work on my reading comprehension!