Mystery persists regarding Pees landing spot

bills_red

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...s-landing-spot/

Mystery persists regarding Pees landing spot

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2010 6:06 PM ET

We're still trying to figure out the next move in the career path of former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

By way of background, we're told he wasn't hired by the Broncos because he has another job lined up.

Though some speculation exists linking Pees to the defensive coordinator position in Buffalo, it's our understanding that the team that has hired Pees has not yet broken the news to the person who currently holds the job.

Since Buffalo doesn't have a defensive coordinator, that would presumably remove them from the mix.

Which means that there's someone out there -- presumably a defensive coordinator -- who is soon going to be getting something other than good news.

Meanwhile, we're told that Pees' departure had nothing to do with his health. "Something went wrong," a source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

And now something has gone wrong for the guy whose place Pees will be taking with another team.

As always, stay tuned.

What? How would they know that the team hiring Pees has a DC already in place, but not know which team it is?

"Hey source, do you know who signed Pees?"

"Yea florio, but they haven't told their DC he's fired so I'm not going to break the news."

I imagine something like that would pretty much cover it....

This is not news. It is just hot air. All the expert sources thought they had the Bills figured out for the head coaching situation. They don't know anything. The Bills are like ninjas :beer::blink: Secrets on top of secrets baby. I think the new DC is going to be........ the Cookie Monster.

The reporter circle jerk goes on and on. They really like each other.

"DID YOU HEAR ABOUT PEES LANDING SPOT?"

"You're peeing on my foot"

"I HEARD THAT TOO. TO TEH ARTICLE MOBILE!"

"It's called a computer and you're not supposed to try to ride it"

I think that's the likely conversation that resulted in this article.

"Hey source, do you know who signed Pees?"

"Yea florio, but they haven't told their DC he's fired so I'm not going to break the news."

I imagine something like that would pretty much cover it....

Which would leave out Buffalo. It's also possible he does know what team it is but has been asked not to reveal it yet.