Gailey approved to cut Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick IF NEEDED

I think that Edwards saying "I'm not a fan of this team" was a pretty good indication of where his head is at.

I think Edwards is not a fan of football, period. The guy is just aloof. He seems to lack leadership skills. From watching him on the sideline and in the open practices I just do not see him as a guy that the teams rallys around.

You could see the offense rally around Fitz, but not Trent. Fewell's decison to play Fitz over Trent speaks volumes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow up you douche. These guys are professional athetes. Peyton Manning grew up in Louisiana - do you really think he was a "fan" of the colts before he got drafted. If you were Edwards and you grew up in the Bay area chances you would be a "fan" of the 49ers.

Listen up MORON, a starting QB and team captain should have enough sense to NOT tell a reporter during a post-game interview that he is "not a fan of this team". It was a complete lamebrain move. I will explain for the SECOND TIME (pay attention dog 14787) in this thread that I understand the context, but a pro athlete, especially a starting QB, should be smart enough to avoid such an insipid remark.

Frankly a QB should be a fan of the NFL in general and watching and learning from others. I think it was Mayock who said he wants accuracy and a love of the game (gym rat) as his top 2 qualities for a QB. Trent is aloof and frankly I hope he and Fitz are both replaced by opening day.

I think Edwards is not a fan of football, period. The guy is just aloof. He seems to lack leadership skills. From watching him on the sideline and in the open practices I just do not see him as a guy that the teams rallys around.

You could see the offense rally around Fitz, but not Trent. Fewell's decison to play Fitz over Trent speaks volumes.

Fewell's decision week 15 to re-bench Fitz in favor of Trent, the QB that was initially benched, speaks louder volumes. Coaches don't go back to the QB they deemed unfit to play the position unless injury forces them to or the guy they replaced him with proves he's even worse.

Fewell's decision to re-bench Fitz in favor of Trent, the QB that was initially benched, speaks louder volumes. Coaches don't go back to the QB they deemed unfit to play the position unless injury forces them to or the guy they replaced him with proves he's even worse.

and the louder volumes is that neither of them is an NFL starter. Now which one can come off of the nench and lead the team? I think we saw Fitz do that, twice.

Fewell's decision week 15 to re-bench Fitz in favor of Trent, the QB that was initially benched, speaks louder volumes. Coaches don't go back to the QB they deemed unfit to play the position unless injury forces them to or the guy they replaced him with proves he's even worse.

The lengths some of you go to defend Trent speaks loud volumes, too.

Listen up MORON, a starting QB and team captain should have enough sense to NOT tell a reporter during a post-game interview that he is "not a fan of this team". It was a complete lamebrain move. I will explain for the SECOND TIME (pay attention dog 14787) in this thread that I understand the context, but a pro athlete, especially a starting QB, should be smart enough to avoid such an insipid remark.

To put things in their proper context, he said he is not a fan, he is a player. That's a big difference from just saying "I'm not a fan of this team". It's not much different than when Marv said that if you start listening to the fans you'll soon be in the stands with them. All he was doing was saying that he's an employee, not a customer. If he was a better player nobody would have twisted the context around to fit an agenda, but since he was playing poorly, it was an easy twist for those who didn't like his play. Jerry Sullivan says stuff like this all the time, stating he is a reporter, not a Bills fan, but since he isn't contributing to on field losses, nobody cares.

Guest dog14787
To put things in their proper context, he said he is not a fan, he is a player. That's a big difference from just saying "I'm not a fan of this team". It's not much different than when Marv said that if you start listening to the fans you'll soon be in the stands with them. All he was doing was saying that he's an employee, not a customer. If he was a better player nobody would have twisted the context around to fit an agenda, but since he was playing poorly, it was an easy twist for those who didn't like his play. Jerry Sullivan says stuff like this all the time, stating he is a reporter, not a Bills fan, but since he isn't contributing to on field losses, nobody cares.

Save Mary,

Maybe the concussions and constant pressure from defenses have effected TE's timing and has his internal clock out of whack, but it has not effected the way Edwards feels about the team.

Trent Edwards loves the Buffalo Bills or he would have asked to be released a long time ago in my opinion.

I'll be willing to bet there's a few GM's watching the situation closely and are ready to pounce on TE. Edwards has probably been given enough time to heal properly both physically and mentally. It will be our loss if we don't give this young man the chance to succeed under the right conditions. Maybe he's not the QB everyone wants long term, but he gives us the best chance for success in the near future at a very reasonable price.

Chan Gailey likes smart high percentage smash mouth football and Captain Checkdown fits the Bill.

Edwards/Fitz/Brohm are a good group of QB's in my opinion and we should keep them all...

I think it's time to let trent hit the bricks, , fitz may be around but ultimately I think it will be Brohm, our drafted QB (Lefevour), and the FA we bring in to hold the reigns for a year or two. If Nix is serious about building this team the right way, I think you have to let both fitz and TE go. IDK we'll see, only time will tell.

+2