per WIVB: John Guy fired

Lori

I finally saw a picture of John Guy. I thought he was some fat old white dude but was shocked to see he was a brother. In any event he was inept and should have been pink-slipped years ago. One has to feel Modrak likely will stay but is hanging by a thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why it's necessary to 'dance on his grave' - even Tim Graham surprised me a bit, complaining that the Bills waited until after the late-nite newscast to announce the move.

Guy made some good moves, and a lot of bad ones. You could say the same for just about everyone at OBD.

So now Buddy Nix is making the moves folks said they wanted. Guy's gone - that's good, I guess, but losing your job is humiliating enough.

Let the man have his dignity, ferchrissakes. JMO.

I don't think I have read much by way of derogatory comments regarding his departure. Most (everyone ?) is happy he is gone because he has been unable to build a roster with any consistent sense or purpose. Some good drafts, many bad ones and pretty much a disaster in the free agent area. He underperformed and we are happy he is gone. That hardly qualifies as 'dancing on his grave'

So, someone clarify to me what Buddy did last year? I thoiught he was primarily a college scout, but I could be wrong. So how do you think that will affect what we do with FA's this year. I know both Nix and Gaily pretty much said no flashy signings, you build thru the draft, but just curious how this plays out for signing the guys llike Florence, who while not a boig name, have a big impact on the field. Who handles that for this year that starts in about 6 weeks?

I finally saw a picture of John Guy. I thought he was some fat old white dude but was shocked to see he was a brother. In any event he was inept and should have been pink-slipped years ago. One has to feel Modrak likely will stay but is hanging by a thread.

Yea that what I thought too ....

Hate to see a brother lose his job but he had to bounce.

now if OBD can keep Ralph away from the draft room on draft day we might be on to something.

See, I told you guys Guy was gone. :devil: I thought they'd just tell him to take an extended vacation and let him fulfill his contract, but perhaps he wanted to be fired so as to catch-on elsewhere.

Two words: Rooney Rule.

Yep, Overdorf does contracts and has no bearing on anything on the field, just like Brandon won't (he'll stick to the business side of things).

GMs aren't subject to the Rooney rule, only coaches.