Black players in particular should heed

erynthered

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it's hard to disagree with him. But I'm sure many people will. These athletes think it's their right to earn $14 million a year, instead of a privledge. When they realize this, things will get better. They have the "I don't care what you think" attitude, and they are allowed to have it, but don't get mad when that attitude has you out of a job.

This guy is a complete and utter moron. The color of skin has nothing to do with the feelings of people towards the NBA. It's been predominately black for decades and it's only been the last 5 years of so that it's been in decline. Get a clue you racist !@#$..... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Good article from Jason Whitlock:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/s...ck/10242339.htm

I was going to put this in the Artest thread, but I thought it would be buried.

A different perspective from a Black Reporter.

Enjoy.........

129027[/snapback]

I'm shocked he had the stones to write something that's so openly unPC, and will likely be lambasted as entirely racist. While at the same time, saying something that makes complete sense both in a business sense, and as a commentary on the current societal status of this country. I applaud him for being so matter of fact. I'm sure he'll be villified.

We, black people, begged for integration. We demanded the right to play in the major leagues, the NBA, the NFL, the NHL. These leagues accommodate a white audience. As long as the customer base is white, the standard for appropriate sportsmanship, style of play and appearance should be set by white people.

:rolleyes:.

I think it's more a problem of promoting the self rather than the team. And that has stemmed from the Slam Dunk. Raise the hoop height and I think a lot of the problems people have with the NBA are solved. Would drive contracts down, reduces the show-boating, etc. The NBA was fully exposed by the Olympics that it is not team-oriented.

I don't think the influx of foreign players is a detriment, or caused by the gangsterization. Maybe this guy needs to open his eyes but the NBA isn't an All-Black league. It's for whoever plays basketball the best.

Right f*cking on! That hits the nail on the head with a sledgehammer. I, personally, have no problem with black players expressing themselves during the game but many times it goes overboard and makes me want to change the channel. My advice to all the showboaters out there: "Be cool". I enjoy watching Emmitt Smith flip the football to the referee after he scores a touchdown and makes it look like he's been there before. I can't stand watching Deion Sanders do his vogue high-stepping after an interception; just pure selfishness.

You know why I have soured on the NBA?

Too much 1 on 1 play....WAY too physical.....shooting has become hoorendous....in part to more of an emphasis on defense...sometiimes these games are flat out UGLY...

I love basketball, I was a Knicks Season Ticket holder (partial) at one time. THOSE are the reasons Im down on the NBA more then I ever was.

Even the NHL, I love hockey, but the game has declined too IMO, so I dont have the same juice for it I once had.

Why do people have to throw out the race card for everything these days?????

Ron Artest the MAN, not Ron Artest the BLACK MAN, was wrong for his actions. And any fan that jumped into the brawl, REGARDLESS OF COLOR, is just as much to blame for the pathetic display in Detroit on Friday night.

This guy is a complete and utter moron. The color of skin has nothing to do with the feelings of people towards the NBA. It's been predominately black for decades and it's only been the last 5 years of so that it's been in decline. Get a clue you racist !@#$..... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

129070[/snapback]

I think of his article as more of a "the NBA may take a racist-type action (in a subtle manner, of course) against the black NBA player if said player doesn't make concessions (in a subtle manner, of course) to those that run the league.

Too much 1 on 1 play....WAY too physical.....shooting has become hoorendous....in part to more of an emphasis on defense...sometiimes these games are flat out UGLY...

I love basketball, I was a Knicks Season Ticket holder (partial) at one time.  THOSE are the reasons Im down on the NBA more then I ever was.

Even the NHL, I love hockey, but the game has declined too IMO, so I dont have the same juice for it I once had.

129093[/snapback]

I fell in love with college basketball in 1990, after years of thinking it was a boring game. I could barely watch an NBA game when my buddies had money on it...It's THAT different.

Why do people have to throw out the race card for everything these days?????

Ron Artest the MAN, not Ron Artest the BLACK MAN, was wrong for his actions.  And any fan that jumped into the brawl, REGARDLESS OF COLOR, is just as much to blame for the pathetic display in Detroit on Friday night.

129096[/snapback]

I think you missed the point of the article. The author claims that there is a difference between what the fans want and what they are getting for their money...

129070[/snapback]

Um bud, you do realise the writer is black right?

129093[/snapback]

olympics were a great example of that

they couldn't shoot for stevestojan

I'm shocked he had the stones to write something that's so openly unPC, and will likely be lambasted as entirely racist.  While at the same time, saying something that makes complete sense both in a business sense, and as a commentary on the current societal status of this country.  I applaud him for being so matter of fact.  I'm sure he'll be villified.

129076[/snapback]

I watched the Sports Reporters on ESPN Sunday, he was one of the panelists, and he was saying alot what what this article says. The other guys on the panel were shocked at some of the things he was saying, I found it interesting.

If I remember correctly he was a lineman for a large university in the Mid west.

Anybody know?

The NBA has fallen down to the level of nascar. You have your die hard fans, but most people just don't care. Blame it on the Michael Jordan era, where the league threw traveling out of the rule books and embraced showboating. Too bad these kids didn't learn anything else from MJ. I doubt he would have jumped into the stands and punched a fan.