Like it or not, time to get on board

SpecialK15

I won't be one to judge how he will do here, since he hasn't actually done anything besides put on the Bills pin on his suit. I've been around the blog threads for the last day or so about this, and it has been 99% negative. For however many people they interviewed, they chose Gailey. Now it's time to get on board and trust he'll have a plan. If things turn sour, then yes, I'll be lashing out with the rest of you, but for now I will remain hopeful that he'll put the team in the right direction.

Innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that how America work, right?

Something I really liked, something his predecessor did not have, was his tone and attitude with regard to the conference. That made me believe he won't take any BS or make excuses. He knows the situation, probably better than most, or else he wouldn't have taken the job.

I won't be one to judge how he will do here, since he hasn't actually done anything besides put on the Bills pin on his suit. I've been around the blog threads for the last day or so about this, and it has been 99% negative. For however many people they interviewed, they chose Gailey. Now it's time to get on board and trust he'll have a plan. If things turn sour, then yes, I'll be lashing out with the rest of you, but for now I will remain hopeful that he'll put the team in the right direction.

Something I really liked, something his predecessor did not have, was his tone and attitude with regard to the conference. That made me believe he won't take any BS or make excuses. He knows the situation, probably better than most, or else he wouldn't have taken the job.

I really take pity on you. Are you really believing your blind faith will yield results? Trust this - they will blow next year.

+1

The hysterics on this board the last 24 hours have been downright embarrassing.

Was that not his point though, that get on board with this new regime and let them right the ship. They(the new staff) are innocent untill proven guilty, i agree with him.

+1. If you guys are so doom and gloom about this team all the time, just keep it to yourself. I, for one, am hopeful we found a guy that can lead us to the playoffs in the near future. Aren't hobbies supposed to keep you happy?

Agreed :thumbdown:

Was that not his point though, that get on board with this new regime and let them right the ship. They(the new staff) are innocent untill proven guilty, i agree with him.

This isn't a new regime, its a continuance of the old one...who exactly is the breath of fresh air when we've got an in-house GM and another 3 time loser retread Head Coach...oh yeah, our scouting department is the same steaming pile of human feces that its been since the turn of the century.

They've got something to prove to me, you want to drink some kool-aid, have at it

I think we need a misery calculator on this board. You can do the math based on how long you've been a fan, what other teams you root for, if you have season tickets, and where you live.

Personally, I don't judge anyone for being negative about the team. Obviously they care enough to still post and they want the team to be better. It's frustrating is all. Seriously, how bad is a job if you can't get people to atleast interview for a spot that will double their salary?

As it stands right now, regardless of the outcome, the end result is that we saved money on a HC and GM and are officially viewed as one of the worst 2 places to come in the NFL. Free agency should be fun. Remember Tisomialkjdsf;ljadf?

If there isn't a good draft, I'm afraid to see what happens to this board.

:w00t:

The Bills have been guilty of sucking for 10 years. So no, they're not innocent.

:thumbsup:

I really take pity on you. Are you really believing your blind faith will yield results? Trust this - they will blow next year.

+1

The hysterics on this board the last 24 hours have been downright embarrassing.

:worthy:

+1. If you guys are so doom and gloom about this team all the time, just keep it to yourself. I, for one, am hopeful we found a guy that can lead us to the playoffs in the near future. Aren't hobbies supposed to keep you happy?

What's wrong with bitching about someone who hasn't even made a move as a Bills HC yet? :thumbdown:

The thing I like about Gailey is that he likes to use deception on plays. If I heard right. I think subterfuge is a huge help for plays to succeed.

Why should anyone have to keep their opinions to themselves on a message board? Maybe YOU should keep your HAPPY opinions to yourself? Of course not. You're entitled to your pipedream happy happy joy joy opinions just as others are entitled to their doom and gloom opinions.

The Bills have been guilty of sucking for 10 years. So no, they're not innocent.

Then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. No seriously, it's different this time. I promise. :thumbdown:

This isn't a new regime, its a continuance of the old one...who exactly is the breath of fresh air when we've got an in-house GM and another 3 time loser retread Head Coach...oh yeah, our scouting department is the same steaming pile of human feces that its been since the turn of the century.

They've got something to prove to me, you want to drink some kool-aid, have at it

Good, you can have my seat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sAhbvTBWfc

As Nix said -- and we should hold him to this -- you have to win football games. So we need to withhold final judgment until the whistle blows.

But, I would argue that this hire is honest in many ways. Gailey, at least for now, may be a good fit for the team we have, if not for the team we wish we had.

We have real weaknesses in our line and our QB. We have a young team. We made too many thoughtless mistakes, especially with penalties. We need, as Nix said, a coach who can teach and develop talent. The Bills are not yet a playoff team, but we have the talent at some spots to get there soon. Nix, I sense, knows our problems, and he is hiring a staff of teachers and discilplinarians, rather than innovators. Think Lombardi, not Leach.

First, Gailey possesses many of the qualities Nix said he wanted in a coach at his first presser. That tells me Nix is a man of his word, and that he chooses his words carefully. The good ole' boy, aw shucks stuff masks a canny mind.

Second, all of us on the Board know we need someone who can fix our QB problem. Gailey has done that in the past. He is obviously a teacher.

Third, he wants to run the ball, which is also something everyone on this board demands.

Fourth, he went out of his way to mention character, and how the players behave on and off the field. The Bills, thankfully, have not had the nightmares of other teams on this issue, but we do have problems. The Board has been very vocal about that, and I am impressed he feels it is part of a coach's job to work on that.

Again, he needs to win games. For now, though, I am sold.