WHO REMEMBERS THIS GAME

Buffalo is creaming Atlanta. Prime Time runs a kickoff for a TD and does that stupid dance. Big Jim and crew come out and 4 plays later scores. Kickoff again and good ole Prime Time runs it. I think it was Bennett grabs his legs and Tasker lays him out. Prime Time taken to the dressing room....

Great classic ass beating!

I do remember that game. I think the ESPN "Prime Time" highlight of that game was in Deion's 'Beyond the Glory' episode. Berman & Co were ripping him because he was showboating on the KO return for TD even though the Bills were winning 31-0 or some such lopsided score.

Buffalo is creaming Atlanta.  Prime Time runs a kickoff for a TD and does that stupid dance.  Big Jim and crew come out and 4 plays later scores.  Kickoff again and good ole Prime Time runs it.  I think it was Bennett grabs his legs and Tasker lays him out.  Prime Time taken to the dressing room....

9857[/snapback]

Wow, I'd submit to a voluntary neutering if I could see that once!

:doh:

I was there - I remember it being marginally bad weather (cold/some rain?) and sitting in the upper deck. Game was fun for first 10 minutes but hten the Bills were up 28-0 in first qtr if I remember right. Rest of the game was a sleeper (from the perspective of sitting in the upper deck)

I remeber deon's antics on the TD return - the reaction of everyone around me was "what is he doing - doesnt he know its 28-0?" If it was a closer game we may have found it annoying, but here it was just comical.

I remember the game because I went with 12 friends (some of them marginal football fans) and the game/weather was not ideal.

Buffalo is creaming Atlanta.  Prime Time runs a kickoff for a TD and does that stupid dance.  Big Jim and crew come out and 4 plays later scores.  Kickoff again and good ole Prime Time runs it.  I think it was Bennett grabs his legs and Tasker lays him out.  Prime Time taken to the dressing room....

9857[/snapback]

Don't remember that one BUT I remember being in Atl during Prime Times rookie year and the SOB ran back 2 kicks, one was a punt he returned just short of the goal line if I recall correctly, and the Bills lost late. The drive back to Tenn, with my new wife and 2 friends who grew up as Falcon fans was VERRRY long.

I remember the game where Jim Kelly threw an INT to the CB of the Falcons and Jim tackled the CB and broke his leg. I remember seeing the CB's leg come all the way up behind his head, it was really gross. Anyone else remember that?

That was actually the last Bills game I've been too. :doh: My cousin took me with one of his season tickets, I guess his old lady must not have wanted to go. We had a blast, sat in the upper deck and laughed when Deion did his td dance, wasn't he still calling himself Neon Deion then? The stadium emptied out pretty quick after the 3rd quarter, so my cousin told me we're moving down. We ended up sitting right behind the Bills bench for the 4th quarter. I think I still have the program from that game with Jerry Glanville, Steve Brussard and Chris Miller on the cover for Atlanta. Lots of good memories from that day.

I remember someone posting a story about this game - he said he was about 10 and both a Bills & Falcons fan...

When Deion ran the TD, some drunk Bills fan chucked a beer his direction (he was wearing a Falcons jersey) and his dad got up and beat the guy's ass.

9857[/snapback]

I remember that game....I think Beebe ran a kick back for a TD immediatly

before or after Deion

9857[/snapback]

I was at the game. I remember the return, the dance, the fact that we won, and some of the ride home.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Southern Man_*

I lived in northern Atlanta suburb (still do) and was able to watch game at home on local TV in the pre-dish days. The game was frequently interupted with screen crawls and weather updates because of a tornado or two in the vicinity.

That afternoon, during the game, a tornado zipped through our area, not far from where I live.

A subdivision of nice 2-story brick homes was hit hard. They interviewed one homeowner who had just gotten his family to the basement, seconds before the twister hit.

The newscast showed him standing near his front door brick steps and stoop. That's all that was left!!!

Anywho, I'm sure Neon Deion Priiiime Time Jackass could have outrun the twister, even with his 40 ounces hangin' from his neck. He is afterall, the greatest person in the history of the world. Just ask him.

I think this was my first game! I lived in Watertown and when I was 17 or so me and my friend drove to Buffalo for the game. I remember that Davis and THomas combined for over 200yds rushing.

However, I remember getting an education on how to dress for a game. I remember it being about 32.0000001 degrees outside with a consistent rain. I was wearing a regular T-Shirt underneath a fall jacket, one pairs of jeans that soaked up water like a sponge, and sneakers. My friend as similarly dressed. When we left I remember the strange sensation of not being able to feel my feet when I walked and falling repeatedly due to this condition.

IT is both one of my favorite and awful memories.

I remember the strange sensation of not being able to feel my feet when I walked and falling repeatedly due to this condition.

Your first Bills game and you expect us to believe you were falling down because your feet were cold? I'm sure it had nothing to do with all that 'hot chocalate' you were drinking. :doh:

I remember someone posting a story about this game - he said he was about 10 and both a Bills & Falcons fan...

When Deion ran the TD, some drunk Bills fan chucked a beer his direction (he was wearing a Falcons jersey) and his dad got up and beat the guy's ass.

-------------------------

yeah, that was me.

But, the truth of the story is it was the opening kickoff when Deion got caught and then later on he ran back another KO.

And the score was 41-14 Bills. But, at the time it was pretty close. I don't remember the exact score/

He never went in to the dressing room. He played every snap of the game.

And as far as laying him out, they caught him. It wasn't "laid out"

Lastly, if the Deion was on the Bills you would love him as much as anyone else on the team. Cocky, yes. Annoying, yes. But, in his day he was the premier shut down corner and punt/KO returner in the game.

I am a Bills fan, but I am also a Falcons fan.

I remember the game where Jim Kelly threw an INT to the CB of the Falcons and Jim tackled the CB and broke his leg. I remember seeing the CB's leg come all the way up behind his head, it was really gross. Anyone else remember that?

10091[/snapback]

I remember this one. I think tackle is putting it mild. Kelly blasted him.

In my mind, that hit is a large part of Jim Kelly's legacy.

I was at that one too....

Man, Kelly ended the guy's career with that hit.

35352[/snapback]

I do recall seeing that hit, as I recall Jimbo had had a few bad games in that stretch and he seemed a bit pissed that he let it get away from him. He completely cut the guys legs out, a legitimate hit, but really took the legs out from underneath him. I remember that leg flopping in air above his shoulder....yack that was gross!!!