Peter King's Offensive Player of the Week

Rico

That's it! I want all the Bledsoe haters out there to write to King and tell him how bad Drew played and he had nothing to do with the win. It was all Special Teams and Defense!

<sarcasm/off>

That's it!  I want all the Bledsoe haters out there to write to King and tell him how bad Drew played and he had nothing to do with the win.  It was all Special Teams and Defense!

<sarcasm/off>

128873[/snapback]

just a tip:

it would be:

</sarcasm>

the '/' is what triggers the 'off'...

:rolleyes:

All Hail The Sacred Cow ! I'm sure King saw every second on the game in person, like I did. :rolleyes:

Offensive Player of the Week. LOL ! Didn't Manning have 4 TD passes and E. James over 200 yards rushing in the Indy game ? I could give multiple other examples but the obvious hype article for a 3 TD 185 yard effort is in full bloom.

Just shaking my head. ;)

All Hail The Sacred Cow !  I'm sure King saw every second on the game in person, like I did.  :rolleyes:

Offensive Player of the Week. LOL !    Didn't Manning have 4 TD passes and E. James over 200 yards rushing in the Indy game ? I could give multiple other examples but the obvious hype article for a 3 TD 185 yard effort is in full bloom. 

Just shaking my head.  ;)

128882[/snapback]

Actually I agree, I thought there were probably 20-30 players ahead of Bledsoe for that honor this week. He must have given him extra consideration for how horrible he played last week and the criticism he went through during the week leading up to the game. No way was Bledsoe Offensive POW.

Keep who where? You've lost me here, Rico... :rolleyes:

128892[/snapback]

THE AWARDS SECTION

Offensive Player of the Week

Buffalo QB Drew Bledsoe. All of us in this business, on paper or in our heads, wrote Bledsoe's career obit last week, when he looked pathetic in a loss to the Patriots. What a difference a week makes. Against St. Louis, he looked totally in command, throwing three touchdown passes -- all to tight end Mark Campbell -- and engineering the Bills to a 37-17 win. Bledsoe was 15 of 24 for 185 yards, three touchdowns and an interception.

All Hail The Sacred Cow !  I'm sure King saw every second on the game in person, like I did.  :rolleyes:

Offensive Player of the Week. LOL !    Didn't Manning have 4 TD passes and E. James over 200 yards rushing in the Indy game ? I could give multiple other examples but the obvious hype article for a 3 TD 185 yard effort is in full bloom. 

Just shaking my head.  ;)

128882[/snapback]

I'd almost be more inclined to say you could give props to Culpepper before Manning...and WAY before Bledsoe. He did a great job getting a win when they were behind the entire game...and he did it without Moss again. Impressive stuff.

Am I the only one that saw this, but didn't Bledsoe carry the team in the first half:

* The defense was not stopping the Rams and gave up points.

* McGahee and the running game was shutdown

* Special teams were not a factor

Bledsoe put up 160 passing yards in the half and was directly responsible for all 17 points. They were able to stop passing in the second half, so he was not able to pad his passing yards.

I'll admit he threw an interception in the first half that was a questionable read and a pretty bad throw, but hell even Manning threw 2 picks.

Am I the only one that saw this, but didn't Bledsoe carry the team in the first half:

Bledsoe put up 160 passing yards in the half and was directly responsible for all 17 points.  They were able to stop passing in the second half, so he was not able to pad his passing yards.

I'll admit he threw an interception in the first half that was a questionable read and a pretty bad throw, but hell even Manning threw 2 picks.

128978[/snapback]

Yes you were the only one. I did see the D tighten up and kick some ass. I did see the ST's keep Bledsoe from having to drive the team more than 35 yards. I did see that.

Yes you were the only one.  I did see the D tighten up and kick some ass. I did see the ST's keep Bledsoe from having to drive the team more than 35 yards. I did see that.

128985[/snapback]

In the second half, though. In the first half it was mostly Drew and the receivers making plays.

Bledsoe put up 160 passing yards in the half and was directly responsible for all 17 points. They were able to stop passing in the second half, so he was not able to pad his passing yards.

Actually, after the Bledsoe int, the D gave up the quick TD and I thought I saw our D totally demoralized, like here we go again. I said to my buddy, well, we might as well start drinking heavily if we don't score here. Then DB led the O down the field for a TD (albeit helped by STL penalties), and I saw some life. The D held serve and then the O scores again, 14-10.

The flea flicker on 3rd and 19 was the 2nd biggest play call of the year (just behind running Willis 4th and 1 from the Jet 12). Balls the size of church bells to make that call, a fumble, pick, sack and the Rams score right before halftime and we're done. As it was, that play pumped up the whole team and I can only imagine what was said in the locker room, its our game in the 2nd half.

Bledsoe put up 160 passing yards in the half and was directly responsible for all 17 points.  They were able to stop passing in the second half, so he was not able to pad his passing yards.

128978[/snapback]

Listen you Bledsoe-loving doll kisser, stop trying to sound rational. Ice said Bledsoe's three touchdowns were misleading, and if you don't agree with him, you're clearly wrong. Stop contributing and just read what Ice says and you'll be smarter for it in the end.

[/sarcasm off]