Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Buffalo on next Sunday

Just Jack

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... I don't want to sound like a prick but I really can't stand this show.

I've only seen bits and pieces of it in addition to the commercials but isn't this the show where they help out less-fortunate people by tearing down their crappy uncared for homes and replace them McMansions?

Instead of spending all this bling on a single house, don't you think it would be better served to help out numerous needy families by restoring (or rebuilding) multiple houses? Heck, why not teach these people how to do the DIY projects themselves?? Self sufficiency, Norm Abrams style.

Note: Before you blast me for thinking I'm uncaring, it should be noted that I'm going to Samoa in a few months to rebuild villages that were destroyed by last Octobers Tsunami.

I've only seen bits and pieces of it in addition to the commercials but isn't this the show where they help out less-fortunate people by tearing down their crappy uncared for homes and replace them McMansions?

Instead of spending all this bling on a single house, don't you think it would be better served to help out numerous needy families by restoring (or rebuilding) multiple houses?

Yep. In this weeks episode they are supposed to be doing improvements to the neighborhood. What they are, we'll have to wait till the show airs.

It's a decent show, BUT it's not a home improvement show like you mentioned. I would never suggest someone to watch this if they want to learn about how to fix and repair their own home. I grew up watching This Old House with my Dad and watching/working with him as he rebuilt our house, room by room. BTW, Steve Thomas, worst host ever.

This a really good episode, the poor woman was ripped off by some WNY scumbag, now she's finally getting the home she deserved, and they are helping the whole neighborhood.

It's nice to see some people doing good, not just whining and complaining, and being nasty to others.

This a really good episode, the poor woman was ripped off by some WNY scumbag, now she's finally getting the home she deserved, and they are helping the whole neighborhood.

It's nice to see some people doing good, not just whining and complaining, and being nasty to others.

Yes but sounds like this woman barely looked at the house before buying it, much less have it inspected. Didn't she go in the basement?

Also the west side has plenty of "homesteads" from the City of Buffalo for just $1. They are in terrible shape but at least they aren't on a demo list.

PTR

Hopefully they will renovate OBD. Welcome home New Owner, GM and staff, Welcome Home

Yes but sounds like this woman barely looked at the house before buying it, much less have it inspected. Didn't she go in the basement?

Also the west side has plenty of "homesteads" from the City of Buffalo for just $1. They are in terrible shape but at least they aren't on a demo list.

PTR

you're right, she must've deserved to get ripped off.

you're right, she must've deserved to get ripped off.

I never said she deserved to be ripped off, but come on! Your buying a house. If she can give Ty a tour and show him what's wrong with the house, you think she would have noticed the problems in a walkthrough?

PTR

I never said she deserved to be ripped off, but come on! Your buying a house. If she can give Ty a tour and show him what's wrong with the house, you think she would have noticed the problems in a walkthrough?

PTR

she needed a house the guy sold it to her with a deed, he didnt tell her it was on the demo list, she bought it for 12k dude, i mean what houses cost 12k nowadays

she needed a house the guy sold it to her with a deed, he didnt tell her it was on the demo list, she bought it for 12k dude, i mean what houses cost 12k nowadays

Like I said the city has a list of $1 homes in the same condition as the one she paid $12K for.

PTR

It was still a very nice show tonight, she deserved the help, and they helped the entire community

They are showing the city in a great light. Ethnically diverse neighborhood all helping each other. The one host is wearing a parka when it's 60. Cali people :censored:

PTR

My former landlord in Black Rock during the 80s bought a house on Normal and was prominent in the movement to have work done to several homes on that block during the taping for this show.

Great news for Buffalo and it gladdens me to know this show helped out our fair city.

On the other hand, there's so much bad news economically in Buffalo on a daily basis (today's news was the appraisal of the Statler Towers at negative $12 million and the struggles of the Flying Bison Brewing Company for instance) that those who hope for a renaissance for our city are probably being overly optimistic at best.

For many years I stayed in Buffalo hoping for an economic turnaround. After 35 years of living in my hometown I left in 2002 and am still waiting for that economic turnaround. I just couldn't wait any longer.