Leslie Frazier choice is starting to sound VERY good

Chuckknox

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People will tell you "anyone can win/look good with the players that they have".

I will take top talent over a big name coach any day.

The Bills of the 90's made Levy, thre Cowboys made JJ, etc. Look at Joe Gibbs second term with Washington .. he had few pro Bowlers compared to his glory days. These guys are all excellent coaches but you need the horses to win.

The coach brings in the game planning, game management, team discipline and the attitude ... something Jauron fell short on, as did Greggo.

Frazier has been on the shinning star list for a long time. If nix can bring in some players and Frazier will be fine.

Did anyone see Leslie Frazier on the sidelines??? He shows emotion equivalent to that of Jauron...

no...... please... let him stay in minnesota

You care more about the guy's face on the sideline than what his players are doing on the field?

Kind of like Marvin Lewis defense in Baltimore...all Pro Bowlers..Guess he isn't that good...oh wait, he was coach of the year... :rolleyes:

how good do you think Lewis actually is? only two playoff appearances and no playoff wins in how many years now?

Bengals had a good year but he is coach of the year partly because of reasons outside of football

and since when does coach of the year mean anything more then just having a good year? Jauron won coach of the year once, does that mean he is a good head coach?

up there in the top 3 mistakes this franchise has ever made

No way in the top 3 because there are so many, but it was a poor decision for sure.

I do know that losing Polian is the top #1. Running off Chuck Knox is also up there. Bringing in the Marv/ Brandon duet after Donahoe is another. Having no GM after Marv is yet another. Then there is the Butler fued, the attempt to not pay Wade Phillips, the Johnson/Flutie interference ... the list is long.

We can spend hours on bad player decisions ... Trading Lamonica in the 60's, drafting Patulski, Rudd and Nelson in the 70s, not signing Rashad in 70's ... again a ponderous list.

By the way ... all franchises have regrets like this. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Go Bills!

I like many have my reservations on the Frazier choice because of the Dungy connection. It seems to me we are being force fed this whole Rooney Rule thing. Seattle never interviewed a black coach before hiring Pete Carroll. Neither did the Washington Redskins. Now that Dungy is close with Goodell it seems he is using NBC as his stage to do his preaching. It shouldn't matter what color the person is the best qualified candidate should get the position regardless of who you know. This whole because I am black I am entitled thing is crap.

I like many have my reservations on the Frazier choice because of the Dungy connection. It seems to me we are being force fed this whole Rooney Rule thing. Seattle never interviewed a black coach before hiring Pete Carroll. Neither did the Washington Redskins. Now that Dungy is close with Goodell it seems he is using NBC as his stage to do his preaching. It shouldn't matter what color the person is the best qualified candidate should get the position regardless of who you know. This whole because I am black I am entitled thing is crap.

:rolleyes:

Seattle interviewed Frazier and Washington interviewed Jerry Gray

get your facts straight

The Minn D's performance today means nothing as to whether or not he will be a good HC. He has amazing players but it says nothing about whether he can be a leader, or game maneger, or if he can hire an Offensive staff and so on and so on and so on. He MIGHT be a great HC or he MIGHT be terrible.

The reason Im angry with the coaching choice (and it will be frasier) is because I am sick and tired of MIGHT. I wanted a PROVEN WINNER and were not going to get that.