Eagles will listen to offers for Mcnabb

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Donovan McNabb's $6.2 million offseason roster bonus is due on May 5.

Conveniently right after the NFL Draft. McNabb, 33, will be the subject of trade rumors all spring after Kevin Kolb showed in 2009 that he is capable of playing at a high level and has a full grasp of the offense. 2010 is also the last year on McNabb's contract. The Eagles will likely listen to all offers.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Living down here in Philly, I regularly listen to sports talk radio and the fans, along with sports talk personalities want McNabb out of there.

They point to the fact that winning seasons is not good enough and all those playoff appearances have yet to result in a SB win.

I think that would put us in a great position for the upcoming draft. It would leave the number 9 pick to a tackle/d-lineman/lb and let us take someone like Snead in the 3rd-4th round somewhere. If we can find a way to do this, do it!!

what would you be willing to give up for him?

Lynch is good trade bait, but how would they like that? Westbrook is getting old and had a lot of injuries this year. We also have Donte and Trent if they want a backup for Kolb. And don't forget picks in the draft...

Lynch is good trade bait, but how would they like that? Westbrook is getting old and had a lot of injuries this year. We also have Donte and Trent if they want a backup for Kolb. And don't forget picks in the draft...

trent/donte/6th rounder

Donovan McNabb's $6.2 million offseason roster bonus is due on May 5.

Conveniently right after the NFL Draft. McNabb, 33, will be the subject of trade rumors all spring after Kevin Kolb showed in 2009 that he is capable of playing at a high level and has a full grasp of the offense. 2010 is also the last year on McNabb's contract. The Eagles will likely listen to all offers.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I think a team with McNabb, Vick, and Kolb definitely can lose a quarterback and still have a solid future.

I think now would be a good time to make a run at Kolb. None of their QB's have multiple years left. Where if they dealt now, they would be guaranteed something in return. I think they view Vick as more than a bargaining tool. Why not offer them TE and 5th rounder with room to up it to a 4th.

No one is going to trade for Donte Whitner.

No one is going to trade for Trent Edwards.

No one is going to trade for Marshawn Lynch unless it's for low draft picks.

Believe it or not, Donte isn't as awful as you think, Lynch isn't as awful as you think, and Trent never had an o-line/coach here, someone would take a shot on him.

Believe it or not, Donte isn't as awful as you think, Lynch isn't as awful as you think, and Trent never had an o-line/coach here, someone would take a shot on him.

I never said they were awful. Donte and Lynch are fine players. I said no one is going to trade us anything of value for them. People need to stop bringing up trade scenarios where we trade our mediocre players for elite talent.

as much as i dont like the little punks off the field activities--we still need Lynch.Cant put the whole burden on a 29 yr old RB.Why create a problem in one of the few positions we dont have one?

I never said they were awful. Donte and Lynch are fine players. I said no one is going to trade us anything of value for them. People need to stop bringing up trade scenarios where we trade our mediocre players for elite talent.

McNabb is no longer an "elite talent" because of his age. You know what you are going to get with him, you just don't know for how much longer you will get that. Donte and Lynch are still young and have some upside still left.

as much as i dont like the little punks off the field activities--we still need Lynch.Cant put the whole burden on a 29 yr old RB.Why create a problem in one of the few positions we dont have one?

It's relatively easy to draft talent at RB in the mid-rounds (McCoy and Shonn Green for example). Yes Lynch is good, but its easy to get someone to compliment FJ (Gerhart?)

It's relatively easy to draft talent at RB in the mid-rounds (McCoy and Shonn Green for example). Yes Lynch is good, but its easy to get someone to compliment FJ (Gerhart?)

those r examples..but we have drafted a few poor ones-as have others. and there is a pick we cant use on line and LB help

Gerhart????????????????