Nate Clements' "cheap shot"

Simon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed a replay right before Nate Clements returned the punt for a TD.

I don't know if it was a run or pass, but he came at him from the front and blocked him below the waist.

They showed a replay right before Nate Clements returned the punt for a TD.

I don't know if it was a run or pass, but he came at him from the front and blocked him below the waist.

128249[/snapback]

Was Holt engaged with another blocker at the time? Because, if not, that's a legal block...

I just watched it again, they show it right before the 3rd down play where Sam Adams hits Faulk with a loss on 3rd and 1. Clements then takes the punt all the way.

Holt saw it coming all the way and deflected most of the impact

That may tell us two things:

The fact Holt was looking for it would likely denote that it was not the first time he'd seen it.

The fact Holt was looking for it means that he wasn't playing ball :blink:

We already know a third thing:

Holt has some of the shortest arms in the NFL......

I'd appreciate anybody who'd be willing to describe the what/where/how/when of it as I don't have the slightest idea of what Martz is babbling about.

Many thanx.............

128246[/snapback]

Clements intentionally cheap shotted one of the Ram receivers by very clearly and deliberately blocking down into his knees. Not his thighs, his knees. It was a cheap shot and I was PO d at Clements for taking it. DBs just don't do those types of things unless they're intentional.

Clements intentionally cheap shotted one of the Ram receivers by very clearly and deliberately blocking down into his knees.  Not his thighs, his knees.  It was a cheap shot and I was PO d at Clements for taking it.  DBs just don't do those types of things unless they're intentional.

128287[/snapback]

Who cares, Holt doesn't play for the Bills. Just win, by any means necessary. :blink:

I did not go back and watch the replay, but from what I remember - they were face-to-face out on their own. Clements was about 3-4 feet from Holtz and then he just turned sideways, and dove right at the knees. Holtz mainly sidestepped it....

The announcers went back and highlighted it. It is hard to imagine any situation where Nate could justify his actions.

the hit was legal, as holt and clements were the only 2 guys in the area, but it was dirty. As sds mentioned, clements sorta barrel rolled into holt's knees. I'm guessing that clements was aiming for his thighs, but he missed along with holt sidestepping it. Thist begs the question: Why did our "premier" CB make the decision to dive on a chuck, leaving him on the ground and holt wide open for a pass?

I for one am sick of clements DB play.

the hit was legal, as holt and clements were the only 2 guys in the area, but it was dirty.  As sds mentioned, clements sorta barrel rolled into holt's knees.  I'm guessing that clements was aiming for his thighs, but he missed along with holt sidestepping it.  Thist begs the question:  Why did our "premier" CB make the decision to dive on a chuck, leaving him on the ground and holt wide open for a pass? 

I for one am sick of clements DB play.

128329[/snapback]

holt wide open?

he limped off after the hit!

Thanx for the input y'all. Sounds like Nate is as sick of losing as Moulds is.

Stay off the knees, Nate. There's better ways to dirt guys.

I for one am sick of clements DB play

Yeah, he's only the best corner I've ever watched in a Bills uni. I can see where you'd get really sick of that :blink:

winfield got smoked way more than nate ever does....as far as the cheap shot....we're not on the field, so we don't know what's going on....it's football folks not curling.....

he's playing better, but for every game where he plays great, he comes back and gets burned

Guess what? They all get burned. Every single one of them. Every single game. Every single corner gets his ass beat.

-Nate gets beat a hell of a lot less than most any other corner in the NFL

-Nate is among the NFL's most dangerous players when he gets the ball in his hands.

-Nate has always been a fierce tackler but is now also becoming a consistent tackler.

-It's become obvious that the majority of QB's the Bills face are terrified to throw the ball to Nate's side.

-Nate is a plus player, at Cornerback no less. That means than he produces more points for the Bills than he allows. And to do that from the defensive corner position is the sign of an outstanding player.

You may not like that he parties on the field when he makes a big play. You may not like that he has "Playmaker" on his locker or licensplate or something. You may not like his attitude or exuberant confidence. I could care less about any of that stuff.

But if you don't like his play on the corner, then you're just not watching the same game as I am. Because like him or not, he's become an elite NFL corner.

Oh please. LMAO! 'Dirty' is when you attack a guy from the rear/ Flank (Denver OL Men) or when engaged. throwing a low block at the knees is NOT dirty nor is it illegal. Now I further understand why most of you either QUIT being athletes or never were one. LMAO! Waaaaah he came at me from the front, one on one...waaaaaaaah. :blink: Too funny.

SIMON I gotta disagree, no one has played close to Nate Odomes level yet. I can give clements the #2 nod but look at it like this....we can both say 'Nate' is the best and be right :blink: