Nate Clements' "cheap shot"

Simon

Guest Guest_ch19079_*
I dunno about you guys, but I remember seeing winfield making ALOT of tackles that seemed a little too low, but no one ever said anything...i always wondered there weren't any murmurs about his near knee tackling...i figured people just overlooked it because he was so short

128860[/snapback]

a tackle is a tackle. you can grap a shoe lace and bring him down if you want. nothing wrong about going for the legs of a guy to tackle him. why would you try to tackle high on R. Willaims or J. Lewis?????? ALWAYS GO FOR THE LEGS. they show video of guys trying to tackle high and getting run over. there is no dirty way to tackle a guy.

blocking is a little difrent.

but as long as your infront of a guy and hes not being blocked by another guy you can do what ever you want.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills were whining about how Wilfork was playing dirty this year, now the shoe is on the other foot.

Interesting.

129622[/snapback]

Wilfork's shot to the back of Jonas' head AND the leg-whip were illegal. Big difference.

My usually worthless .02 cents.

Whether it was legal or not, it looked cheap. The dumb part to me is that it was out there for God and everybody to see. Hard to hide when you're a corner on a WR. The Bills D plays plenty tough not to have to resort to that crap. Ask Faulk.

128799[/snapback]

Plus...quite frankly, it was an awful block. Clements flopped to the ground in front of him, and the WR took a half-step back to disengage. End result: WR is upright and unblocked, Clements is laying on the ground out of the play.

Didn't strike me as cheap so much as stupid. If you're going to cut-block someone, make sure he goes to ground and is out of the play.