Is Posluszny the Real Deal? What about the secondary?

Personally, I was extactic when the bills drafted the Penn State Product with their 34th pick in the 07 draft. Pos was the backbone of the rugged Penn State defense and his football instinct was very apparent as he lead the defense. Posluszny's time here at buffalo had been plagued with repeated forearm injuries. We have rarely seen a healthy Pos over a long period of time. Is Pos a franchise middle linebacker? Although he may be far from the lieks of Urlacher or Lewis, I believe that Pos still has a lot of developing to do. He hasn't really been able to buckle down and focus because of the injuries. However, when he does play, he is always on the ball. It seems like he is at every tackle and has that linebacker instinct. I think Pos is the real deal and the guy that I would want to lead the core of my defense. With Mitchell and Pos back together this year our defense will only get better. I have given up on the whitner experiment. He is an average payer and has not lived up to the expectations at safety. Reggie Corner is second string at best. I want Wilson and Byrd as my starting safeties this year, with Mckelvin (Yes despite the unintelligent errors, i think Leodis is very athletic) and Mcgee as my starting corners.

Personally, I was extactic when the bills drafted the Penn State Product with their 34th pick in the 07 draft. Pos was the backbone of the rugged Penn State defense and his football instinct was very apparent as he lead the defense. Posluszny's time here at buffalo had been plagued with repeated forearm injuries. We have rarely seen a healthy Pos over a long period of time. Is Pos a franchise middle linebacker? Although he may be far from the lieks of Urlacher or Lewis, I believe that Pos still has a lot of developing to do. He hasn't really been able to buckle down and focus because of the injuries. However, when he does play, he is always on the ball. It seems like he is at every tackle and has that linebacker instinct. I think Pos is the real deal and the guy that I would want to lead the core of my defense. With Mitchell and Pos back together this year our defense will only get better. I have given up on the whitner experiment. He is an average payer and has not lived up to the expectations at safety. Reggie Corner is second string at best. I want Wilson and Byrd as my starting safeties this year, with Mckelvin (Yes despite the unintelligent errors, i think Leodis is very athletic) and Mcgee as my starting corners.

So wait, this isint a coah thread??? :blink:

I like Poz if he gets help ala McClain.

Yeah McClain would be a steal if we can get him. McClain in the first round and Lefevour in the second. I wouldnt mind McClain, Mitchell, and Pos . Yeah, i am tired of all the coaching threads

LeFevour's NFL career will resemble Colt Brennan's NFL career

well, 1st round - jp - fail

3rd- trent backwards - fail

y not try for a fail in the 2nd?

1 thing though. LeFevour did not throw most of his passes in cal or hawaii or wherever tulane is, did he?

well, 1st round - jp - fail

3rd- trent backwards - fail

y not try for a fail in the 2nd?

1 thing though. LeFevour did not throw most of his passes in cal or hawaii or wherever tulane is, did he?

so what, his arm is below avg. at best. and isn't worth a 2nd round pick at all.

scott just put this up today http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-LeFevour.php

Poz isn't Dick Butkus, but I think he is good enough to excel in this league. You have to remember, this past season, he had different outside backers playing next to him almost every game and a D-Line that couldn't tackle Pee Wee Herman if he was running the ball. With a little quality help, Poz could fill the middle gap for years-provided he can stay healthy (that is a whole different issue).

Right on. No to LeFevour especially as a 2nd round pick. I'd take a flier in the 4th or 5th round.

Bills Defense Should Be:

CB: McGee

CB: McKelvin

FS: Byrd

SS: Wilson

LB: Poz

LB: Mitchell

LB: McClain (Draft, 1st round)

DE: Schobel (one more year out of him)

DT: Kyle Williams

DT: (Top DT run stopper in free agency)

DE: Draft, 3rd Round

Let Go:

Kelsay, Denney, Whitner, Johnson, and all the scrub players

Keep as Backups: (These five guys)

Bryan Scott (solid backup) and John Wendling (young backup and top ST's tackler), Marcus Stroud for rotational purposes, Drayton Florence (good corner/nickel back). And, no I don't like him, but keep Ellison because we have so little depth at linebacker.

Right on. No to LeFevour especially as a 2nd round pick. I'd take a flier in the 4th or 5th round.

Bills Defense Should Be:

CB: McGee

CB: McKelvin

FS: Byrd

SS: Wilson

LB: Poz

LB: Mitchell

LB: McClain (Draft, 1st round)

DE: Schobel (one more year out of him)

DT: Kyle Williams

DT: (Top DT run stopper in free agency)

DE: Draft, 3rd Round

Let Go:

Kelsay, Denney, Whitner, Johnson, and all the scrub players

Keep as Backups: (These five guys)

Bryan Scott (solid backup) and John Wendling (young backup and top ST's tackler), Marcus Stroud for rotational purposes, Drayton Florence (good corner/nickel back). And, no I don't like him, but keep Ellison because we have so little depth at linebacker.

McClain or a LT if Okung is available??????????

Schobel is history. He said wants to cash his chips in and that's that from a guy who doesn't say much.

I am sick of the Bills trying to get "value" for 1st round picks. Let's get a game-changer on the D-line. None of our guys including Schobel really ever dominate. Jauron wanted a lot of good "runners" instead. Let's trade up for that Nebraska Lineman whatever the cost. I forget his name. When I saw him play in the Big 12 Champ. Game - 1 name came to mind==== Bruce!

I am sick of the Bills trying to get "value" for 1st round picks. Let's get a game-changer on the D-line. None of our guys including Schobel really ever dominate. Jauron wanted a lot of good "runners" instead. Let's trade up for that Nebraska Lineman whatever the cost. I forget his name. When I saw him play in the Big 12 Champ. Game - 1 name came to mind==== Bruce!

Suh? he's #1 or 2. forget him. will prob go to Detroit

I hope you aren't referring to Maybin as "Value". Or Whitner. those certainly were not value. They should draft the best player, which in my opinion would be Okung or McClain..... Suh is out of the question due to how much it would take to move up.

It's QB rankings not all around athlete rankings. :wallbash:

Strictly as a quarterback I'd have Colt McCoy ahead of Tebow. However, I put Tebow #1 because I also factored in his ability to help in other ways (wildcat, tight end, h-back, fullback, etc.). Rest assured that once I incorporate the underclassmen next week both Tebow and McCoy will be taking a tumble down the rankings.

Wait, you factored in his ability to be a TE, H-Back, FB, etc and that's what pushed him up the "QB" ranking?

Absolutely, just like Devin Hester's return ability pushed him up positional rankings when he came out, etc. Versatility is almost always a good thing.

:D:)