OFFICIAL - Jason Garrett thread

per PatrickMoranBSD on twitter

I spoke to a former player that tells me Jason Garrett will emerge as the top candidate for the Bills job.

Not sure how i feel about this. The Offense down there has put up some good numbers and prob wouldve had more success in playoffs had Romo not F-ed it up.

Lets try and keep this about Garrett as a candidate and not questioning the source. please.

After retiring as a player, he became the quarterback coach for the Miami Dolphins in 2005–2006 and then, in January 2007, he was hired by the Dallas Cowboys as offensive coordinator. His influence made the Cowboys the 2nd best offense in the NFL making him an attractive head coaching prospect. Despite persistent offers from the Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons, Garrett refused head coaching jobs and opted to remain in Dallas. His salary in the 2008 season will be close to $3 million and will be the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.[4] With Garrett staying, some expect him to succeed Wade Phillips as the head coach of the Cowboys, though there is nothing within his contract to suggest this. On December 29th 2008 the Detroit Lions received permission to speak to Garrett regarding the teams head coaching vacancy according to ESPN sources. The Denver Broncos interviewed him in January 2009 as a possible replacement for recently fired coach Mike Shanahan. He was also a finalist for the St. Louis Rams head coaching position, to replace Jim Haslett, the interim head coach. Ultimately, he lost the job to Steve Spagnuolo after appearing a lock to become their next head coach. When word leaked that Garrett was flying to meet with the Rams, fans flooded the ticket office with angry calls.

he does have 4 pro bowl players on offense ( Austin(WR), Davis(OL), Gurode (OL) & Witten(TE).

he specializes in QB's....i do think he has done wonders for Romo.

not sure whether id want him or not but he makes an interesting candidate if he is indeed one. Hard to argue against his offense.

Yes he does have a bunch of pro bowlers - kinda a chicken and the egg scenario if you bring that up. What great OC or DC doesnt have pro bowlers?

No idea if he is a leader or has HC qualities.

so uhhh, where's your link for this huh???, you gotta source, how bout you gimme a link, NOW!!!

Just kidding, I think Garrett is an intriguing option, and would like to learn more about him as a coach, his style, approach etc.

And also who he would bring with him on his staff (like defensive coordinator).

so uhhh, where's your link for this huh???, you gotta source, how bout you gimme a link, NOW!!!

Just kidding, I think Garrett is an intriguing option, and would like to learn more about him as a coach, his style, approach etc.

LINK

http://www.twitter.com/jasongarrett/story/923430.html

Not sure how I feel about Garrett as a HC candidate...The Cowboys have a TON...I mean a TON of talent on Offense...They have for a few years now...Sure they score but with all that talent they should...And there have been times where they have been shut down cold...No question Garrett has helped Romo...But at times Romo has looked terrible too...

I just don't think Garrett is the best choice...But I don't think he's the worst either... :blink:

Ugh! Please stop it with Pat Moran and BSD.com! Name one thing he's reported that ever came out true. Garrett a Bills target? Way to go out on a limb there, Patty-boy! Right now every coordinator and former coach is a target. How about some facts like will he even speak to the Bills, huh?

PTR