Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

To suggest that they aren't trying just because they aren't successful is ignorant

There is no sure-fire way to succeed or else every team, including the Bills, would be doing it.

As far as Ralph opening the wallet, he's done that. Players are getting plenty and as far as coaches, they're getting what Ralph feels they're worth. Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league in 2009 after the extension he signed after the 5-1 start in 2008. Ralph's a businessman and he'd go bankrupt if he automatically paid everyone ridiculous sums of money when they haven't earned it. He's known to be willing to throw $10M per season at Shanahan...I would think Cowher would get close to the same. If a cheaper coach gets the job, it will have nothing to do with money..guaranteed.

There clearly is a sure-fire way to fail- just follow OBD management principles. Cash to cap clearly is not plenty..it's not even competitive, just like the Bills. "Ignorance" is being thrown around a lot lately but one thing all of us here are ignorant of is what Shanahan and Cowher were offered. It's ignorant to not admit you're ignorance (again, just look at OBD). Finally, if a cheaper coach is hired, what then will it have to do with.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

Giving up your seasons tix's? Great more tailgaiting and beer for me.

The Bills would be better off without Wilson. If he were serious about making a change, we would have offered Cowher whatever it took. Especially with the possibility of going into an uncapped year. No cap hit. Make the deal.

Or not. Just pick another overly conservative, defensive-minded coach, overdraft CBs, and ignore our OL.

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

I know you wrote this when angry. A lot of us are angry about the organization's failures, but an exit speech is never well received here. We are the FANatics that keeping hoping for a turnaround even if there is no evidence of it happening. Time will tell if we are wasting our time or not, but we haven't given up yet and when someone does, it's best if they just stop participating.

To suggest that they aren't trying just because they aren't successful is ignorant

There is no sure-fire way to succeed or else every team, including the Bills, would be doing it.

As far as Ralph opening the wallet, he's done that. Players are getting plenty and as far as coaches, they're getting what Ralph feels they're worth. Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league in 2009 after the extension he signed after the 5-1 start in 2008. Ralph's a businessman and he'd go bankrupt if he automatically paid everyone ridiculous sums of money when they haven't earned it. He's known to be willing to throw $10M per season at Shanahan...I would think Cowher would get close to the same. If a cheaper coach gets the job, it will have nothing to do with money..guaranteed.

I don't base my opinion on wins and losses. I base it on OBVIOUS decisions they've made over the past decade. They've often taken the cheap route. The latest and most obvious example was Jason Peters. We FINALLY found a legitimate left tackle (the first we've had since, truly, Will Wilford) and we traded him away. Then we outright CUT Walker to save a few more bucks. Peters was going to demand a real LT's contract, and we were too cheap to pay it. Walker was going to make too much to be a reserve. So rather than just own up to paying either of these guys, we simply got rid of both and decided guys like Bell, Butler, Scott, Chambers, and Meredith could get us through.

A decision based on money, not putting out the best possible football team.

I don't base my opinion on wins and losses. I base it on OBVIOUS decisions they've made over the past decade. They've often taken the cheap route. The latest and most obvious example was Jason Peters. We FINALLY found a legitimate left tackle (the first we've had since, truly, Will Wilford) and we traded him away. Then we outright CUT Walker to save a few more bucks. Peters was going to demand a real LT's contract, and we were too cheap to pay it. Walker was going to make too much to be a reserve. So rather than just own up to paying either of these guys, we simply got rid of both and decided guys like Bell, Butler, Scott, Chambers, and Meredith could get us through.

just shut up already

Peters quit on the team in 2008...was the worst pass blocker in the league and was directly responsible for the sack that lost us the game against the Jets...how anyone can back the guy is a mystery to me. He had 3 years left on a contract that was already a very good salary that, by all reports, would've gotten reworked eventually had he not QUIT on the team.

Walker wasn't cut due to money but performance. If the Bills hadn't tried to go to a no-huddle, which Walker couldn't hack, and still cut him, one would have to wonder why he was cut because he was solid for us in 2008, far better than that lazy slob Peters.

Peters quit on the team in 2008...was the worst pass blocker in the league and was directly responsible for the sack that lost us the game against the Jets...how anyone can back the guy is a mystery to me. He had 3 years left on a contract that was already a very good salary that, by all reports, would've gotten reworked eventually had he not QUIT on the team.

Walker wasn't cut due to money but performance. If the Bills hadn't tried to go to a no-huddle, which Walker couldn't hack, and still cut him, one would have to wonder why he was cut because he was solid for us in 2008, far better than that lazy slob Peters.

You're rationalizing. Are you employed by OBD? Peters was (and is, again) a pro bowler. He had a minimum contract because he was a nobody that the Bills converted to a LT. Then they decided to cheap out and let someone else take Peters' talent.

One of many times the Bills have opted to save money instead of fielding the best possible team.

You're rationalizing. Are you employed by OBD? Peters was (and is, again) a pro bowler. He had a minimum contract because he was a nobody that the Bills converted to a LT. Then they decided to cheap out and let someone else take Peters' talent.

One of many times the Bills have opted to save money instead of fielding the best possible team.

the reason they tell you to "just shut up" is that they have to make these circuitous arguments to defend the indefensible and they have to do it over and over as new posters come and state what's obvious to anyone minimally objective or marginally perceptive. Besides that, you might pop their huge bubble of the delusion that rw really wants to win, even if he can't get 20% roi.