What assistant coach would you accept as our new HC

DarthICE

Reality is, that is most likely the way we go. I for one like Frazier and have for a while now. If he could bring in the right assistants (Saunders as OC for starters) and Nix can get him the right players (QB PLEASE GOD!!!!) Then he will do just fine.

The last things I want are 1. a guy that doesn't want to be here (Cowher?) and 2. some !@#$ing college coach. College coaches need to stay where they are.

I have no problem with Frazier or even a Grimm. Bottom line is that without a good solid staff it wont matter who the HC is.

I know we need a strong fiery blue collar HC for the Bills but I also think that the OC/DC are JUST as important.

if it's true the sticking point between cowher and ralph was player payroll, the it doesn't matter who we hire because WE'RE GOING TO CONTINUE TO SUCK. you can look forward to letting more productive free agents walk, trading pro bowlers, etc...

until ralph and his beanconters no longer run the franchise we will never win.

Right now, my list (in order of preference) would be ...

1a. Jason Garrett

1b. Russ Grimm

2. B-Shot

3. Fraizer

4. Rivera

That said, I think there is a 0% chance the Bills can lure Garrett away from Dallas.

I think Grimm would be a perfect fit in Buffalo as he would at the very least help rebuild the lines, but his name hasn't really been floated around too much in the papers (that I've seen at least) so I'm not sure how realistic of a candidate he is.

B-Shot is a guy I'm starting to like more and more as I read up on him, but I really don't know too much other than his lineage and he is good with QBs. But having a QB mentor would be important if indeed the Bills grab a franchise QB in this draft or the next (which I think they'll have to).

Fraizer scares me because of the Tampa 2 and the soft disposition he appears to have. He's respected -- but so was Jauron. Maybe I'm being gunshy since it's entirely unfair to compare him to DJ -- but the similarities are a bit frightening.

Rivera is a dark horse for me as I always respected his defensive mind but he hasn't been able to nail down a HC job yet which makes me wonder what the rest of the league knows that we don't.

Reality is, that is most likely the way we go. I for one like Frazier and have for a while now. If he could bring in the right assistants (Saunders as OC for starters) and Nix can get him the right players (QB PLEASE GOD!!!!) Then he will do just fine.

The last things I want are 1. a guy that doesn't want to be here (Cowher?) and 2. some !@#$ing college coach. College coaches need to stay where they are.

Look I dont want any assitants as our next head coach if we are not going to get cower Hire Billick and let the off season begin. However if we are not going to hire a coach with experience they only one who would be acceptable to me in all honesty is Perry Fewell. The players know him, the players respect him the players played hard for him he did not do a bad job witht he hand he was dealt. Get him some qualifies assistants and an off season to prepare I think he would be just fine. I liked his emotion and passion knows Buffalo wants the Job in Buffalo and already has the insight on all the players.

if it's true the sticking point between cowher and ralph was player payroll, the it doesn't matter who we hire because WE'RE GOING TO CONTINUE TO SUCK. you can look forward to letting more productive free agents walk, trading pro bowlers, etc...

until ralph and his beanconters no longer run the franchise we will never win.

Well it's not true so don't worry about it.

PTR

In the category of assistant without HC experience, I'd vote for Ron Rivera. He has been successful wherever he has worked and he gets max effort out of even second tier guys. He works with what he has and puts players into schemes that help them succeed. He took the SD job partly because he didn't have 3-4 experience in his resume. That shows me something.

Players love him and he also knows how to motivate them. I think sometimes there is a tendency to over analyze in the NFL. Look at the game film. He makes things work.

C

Maybe not an assistant sat all.. I vote for a current head coach... if Cowher isn't interested...

Jim Harbaugh

Maybe not an assistant sat all.. I vote for a current head coach... if Cowher isn't interested...

Jim Harbaugh

Um again NO COLLEGE COACHES! The guy sucks and has virtually no NFL Exp. Hell he has a losing record at Stanford...which makes him perfect for RW to hire

Just read Billick's bio on wiki. Quiet the impressive resume. If Cower doesnt want to be here, fine. Lets get him in here and let him build a winner.

The reason the Bills dont want Billick is that he may actually accept the position. This was not a problem with Cowher or Shanny they werent coming anyway.

Now RW can show he made a good faith effort and go hire a much less expensive coordinator.

Billick would want, and deserves, some real payola.

Maybe we will end up with Jerry Gray he'd likely come on board for a couple of hundred k.

I'm leaning away from young asst coaches. B. Schott has done well but he's another Mularkey in the making.

Just because he has success coaching rookie QB's does not make him a good head coach. He won't be able to get great assistant's.

I like Frazier because he has been around a long time and I think he'll get some good coaches to come with him.

I like Grimm because of the same reason.

I'm leaning away from young asst coaches. B. Schott has done well but he's another Mularkey in the making.

Just because he has success coaching rookie QB's does not make him a good head coach. He won't be able to get great assistant's.

I like Frazier because he has been around a long time and I think he'll get some good coaches to come with him.

I like Grimm because of the same reason.

Freazier seems to be he concensus and from what I hear has the lead with Nix as well.

Lets just hope hope hope he is Tony Dungy and not DJ.