The Good Sign for the Bills from 1/9 playoff results

With the Jets win, its hard to believe as bad as the Bills were that they actually played a team which won a playoff game, the Jets, in two games decided by less than a TD. Not only were the final scores competitive but we even beat the Jets on the road in the first game with the avoid the jugular but gnaw on the ankles coaching of Dick Jauron.

Are the Bills over a year away from being good?

This fan says yes we are IMHO.

However, this year's playoff line-up clearly demonstrates to me your team actually does not need to be good consistently to not only make the playoffs but to even win one on the road.

NYJ certainly deserves to be in the playoffs, but this is because 2/3 of the NFL really are inconsistent and downright pretty pathetic as far as my judgments of quality teams. The Bills were in 2009 pretty clearly pathetic, but then so were the Fish who were in the playoff hunt til the last weekend but we dusted them late in the season. NYJ made the playoffs but even this team was beaten soundly by us early in the season but turned around and beat us clearly when Mr. Ralph was more than willing to give up one of our home games for money from Rogers Comm.

The Bills have a lot of work to do, but judging from the quality in the NFL ironically we are not that far away from making the playoffs even if in my judgment we are a couple of years away from being able to win consistently. NYJ demonstrates that being up and down is not a bar to even winning in the playoffs in the NFL.

How many interceptions did the Sanchise throw in that game? 5, or was it 6? And we took them to overtime. We won, but it was under extraordinary circumstances. Hardly a ringing endorsement for our Bills, unless next year's opposing QBs are consistently going to play like Brady played today.

How many interceptions did the Sanchise throw in that game? 5, or was it 6? And we took them to overtime. We won, but it was under extraordinary circumstances. Hardly a ringing endorsement for our Bills, unless next year's opposing QBs are consistently going to play like Brady played today.

Definitely not a ringing endorsement of the Bills play which simply sucked this year.

However, what yesterday's game showed as the Jets won in a foreign stadium (and which was underscored today by the blowout of the Pats who apparently at best were one injury away from mediocrity) is that even a Bills team which sucks is really not that faraway from teams which beat them in the regular season and/or qualify for the playoffs.

Perhaps in the end the NFL is like watching a bunch of one legged guys in a butt kicking contest, but the truth is that for the most part the teams we are competing against are better than us for sure (but not very much as shown by a Jets team we were competitive with and actually beat the snot our of once this season,

We suck but there is hope when your opponents suck also.

i watch these games, and not only does it depress me because we are MILES AWAY TALENTWISE...but it also frustrates the hell out of me because after a few days of baseless optimism, i am coming back to the harsh reality that ralph does give any more of a **** about winning than he did 1 year ago, which is to say not at all.

we did a cheap easy hire on the gm, and we're going to do a cheap easy hire on the head coach....and continue to do cheap/easy when it comes to player personnel. the report that cowher would not come here because ralph won't let him pay players makes the most sense because it is line with past history.

what the hell is wrong with my head that i thought a senile 91 year old man could change how he does things?

NE, CLE, JAX OR NYJ in T.O. Win 3 of those and we are a playoff team.

PTR

You could say that if we'd won 3 more games each season since 2006 that Buffalo could have made the playoffs. It's the same thing every season, and it's not a coincidence: bad to mediocre teams lose games they shouldn't.

13 NFL teams went 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 in 2009. Only two of them advanced into the post-season, so 11 teams essentially were 3 games away from being a playoff team.

All of us would take a playoff appearance, but the goal is to win in the post-season. And yet here we are making excuses for not making the playoffs once again.

With the Jets win, its hard to believe as bad as the Bills were that they actually played a team which won a playoff game, the Jets, in two games decided by less than a TD. Not only were the final scores competitive but we even beat the Jets on the road in the first game with the avoid the jugular but gnaw on the ankles coaching of Dick Jauron.

Are the Bills over a year away from being good?

This fan says yes we are IMHO.

However, this year's playoff line-up clearly demonstrates to me your team actually does not need to be good consistently to not only make the playoffs but to even win one on the road.

NYJ certainly deserves to be in the playoffs, but this is because 2/3 of the NFL really are inconsistent and downright pretty pathetic as far as my judgments of quality teams. The Bills were in 2009 pretty clearly pathetic, but then so were the Fish who were in the playoff hunt til the last weekend but we dusted them late in the season. NYJ made the playoffs but even this team was beaten soundly by us early in the season but turned around and beat us clearly when Mr. Ralph was more than willing to give up one of our home games for money from Rogers Comm.

The Bills have a lot of work to do, but judging from the quality in the NFL ironically we are not that far away from making the playoffs even if in my judgment we are a couple of years away from being able to win consistently. NYJ demonstrates that being up and down is not a bar to even winning in the playoffs in the NFL.

We played two road games against the jets this year... We almost won the 2nd won... kind of