Did we want Dallas to win tonight?

Yes, because THIS Bills fan wanted to hear the screams of Eagle fans as they plunge from the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge into the icy depths of the Delaware.

Moreso than usual even.

Seriously, losing to Dallas thrice in one season and twice in 6 days? I could hear the pitchforks and smell the burning torches by the 3rd quarter. McNabb is toast and they may go on a walrus hunt for Reid as well though I think mgt will keep him.

Of course we wanted Dallas to win tonight. Wade Phillips will keep his job now, thus an attractive coaching vacancy that would have opened up for, say, Cowher or another HC with experience, will remain closed. Cowhers options for reentering the NFL to coach this year are stuck at one. We may get him by default. Not necessarily the best scenario, but so long as RW is willing to open the pocketbook just a bit, we could have Cowher here by next Friday.

This opens up TWO doors for us. One, it's pretty much a lock that Wade will remain in Dallas leaving Cowher with one less option. This also opens the door for a possible McNabb exit via trade which we ought to pursue if the price is right.

This opens up TWO doors for us. One, it's pretty much a lock that Wade will remain in Dallas leaving Cowher with one less option. This also opens the door for a possible McNabb exit via trade which we ought to pursue if the price is right.

McNabb is totally gone. The vultures have been circling for about a year and a half now. The Eagles take 0 cap hit to move him this off-season and there's no way he plays out the last year of his deal. There is zero chance he's in Philly next year.

Vick will be dealt too. It will be interesting to see which one fetches a higher price since McNabb is older and more expensive.

Why are Bills fans always attracted to losers? Did you watch any of the game tonight?

Yup, for us hopefuls, Mcnabb and Cowher are more of a possibility as a result of tonights game. Everything seems to be falling in place, hopefully RW will make a strong push for Cowher.

I'm glad they won because Wade is a good coach. He deserved to win. I think the Bills would have seen more playoffs had he remained the coach and I felt his leaving Buffalo was unfortunate due to a QB controversy that somehow is still ongoing.

It frees up a what is (currently) a solid journeyman QB to the league. We may not get McNabb (I'm OK with that), but that means another team may not be looking at other QB options via the draft, trade or free agency who can play keeper while build the offensive line and find the franchise QB we need.

It keeps an attractive coaching vacancy closed. I doubt Cowher takes the Dallas job if it's available (I don't think he's taking the Bills job either), but some other solid candidates might go that way. I'd be more worried about the assistants that would be available looking to Dallas first and I don't see much of Wade's staff looking to Buffalo for jobs if they were fired.

I always like to see destiny flipped upside down. I know the Eagles were a lock for 19-0 with Peters and his 11 million dollar price tag this year. He looked like an all-pro out there today as well, but sometimes destiny just isn't enough. Just like fourty whoppers sometimes isn't enough for Jason.

It also means we'll see the Vick ouster happen sooner rather than later. A QB who fits right in with the Bills current crop of QBs. I'm looking forward to the competition between theses for jobs. Perhaps they could combine like Voltron to form one complete season of halfway decent Quarterbacking in the NFL.

Cowher isn't coming here and why would you want McNabb?

McNabb is a solid journeyman who doesn't have a lot of question marks. You *know* what you're getting in McNabb. His asking price wouldn't be high and you can draft a quarterback behind him to prepare for the future without tossing them behind our current line. Basically, he'd be an efficient tackling dummy that may let us score 20 points on a semi regular basis.

Why are Bills fans always attracted to losers? Did you watch any of the game tonight?

I watched most of the game and realized that the Eagles absolutely had a crappy offensive game plan. They also ran into a "hot" Dallas team for the second straight week, unfortunately for them. Dallas is firing on all cylinders right now and could very well end up in the SB representing the NFC.

About Cowher, I think we are the best option out there that's left for him. If Ralph agrees to spend money to go after top FA's and allows him to have the personel say he wants, I think it's VERY realistic he could be our next coach. Why would I want McNabb? He's coming off the second best season of his career. He's a Pro Bowl QB, one of the better in this league. He would make all of the guys we have on offense look better. He would have another speedster to get the ball to in Evans, another quality pass catching TE in Nelson, and a solid group of RB's behind him. McNabb knows how to read defenses and can pick them apart when given the time. He's also only 32 years old, which isn't that bad for a QB now days it seems, and needs a change of scenery. We could then not have to worry about getting a QB and focus more on the OL/LB/DL in the draft. All of our selections and FA could focus on those areas.

Has anyone considered that it may open the door for us at quarterback? Kolb has performed well when given a chance and considering McNabb's playoff struggles and the Eagles underachieving each year, is it unrealistic to believe the Eagles could be ready to turn the page on the McNabb era?

I think he'd make a great fit with the Bills. Just some food for thought.

EDIT: I see after reading more that this has been brought up. I like your thinking H2o!