Peter King on coaching search

silvermike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" Leslie Frazier is leader in Buffalo, but 4 or 5 more to interview. Brian Schottenheimer is one. Mike Zimmer is not."

Leader among himself and Perry Fewell, presumably?

Thanks Buddy

"4 more years!!" "4 more years!!"

its happening again. Big talk about GM's and Big Name Coaches.

Nope - a 70yr old first time gm named Buddy and giving another coordinater his first hc gig.

Same cash to the cap bull ****.

So typical.

I feel like an idiot for getting sucked in again and thinking things were going to change for real this time.

I dont understand why everybody is so down on this guy?

What the hell did Bill Cowher do that was so special...besides win 1 Super Bowl in a dozen+ years in Pittsburgh, sit out the last couple years, and get lucky that Roethlisberger fell to him?

I would bet Cowher AND Shanny...AND Schottenheimer SR. will ALL fall on their faces, like Joe Gibbs did when they come back. The game is starting to pass them by.

Mike Tomlin, Ken Whisenhunt, Harbaugh...they are all coordinators doing it the right way.

I had a post about this a while back, and now I cannot find it...but like 80% of the teams have guys who have come in as a "HOT COORDINATOR" and have completely turned things around for said team.

" Leslie Frazier is leader in Buffalo, but 4 or 5 more to interview. Brian Schottenheimer is one. Mike Zimmer is not."

Leader among himself and Perry Fewell, presumably?

The "slow" HC search, IMO, is due to the Bills waiting for Minnesota to get out of the playoffs.

its happening again. Big talk about GM's and Big Name Coaches.

Nope - a 70yr old first time gm named Buddy and giving another coordinater his first hc gig.

Same cash to the cap bull ****.

So typical.

I feel like an idiot for getting sucked in again and thinking things were going to change for real this time.

Except this time, there's no Levy or TO they can bring in to sell tickets. Their hire at HC will dictate season ticket sales. Frazier's a nice guy, but they know Nix isn't going to keep ST's in the 55k range.

What the hell did Bill Cowher do that was so special...besides win 1 Super Bowl in a dozen+ years in Pittsburgh, sit out the last couple years, and get lucky that Roethlisberger fell to him?

I would bet Cowher AND Shanny...AND Schottenheimer SR. will ALL fall on their faces, like Joe Gibbs did when they come back. The game is starting to pass them by.

Mike Tomlin, Ken Whisenhunt, Harbaugh...they are all coordinators doing it the right way.

I had a post about this a while back, and now I cannot find it...but like 80% of the teams have guys who have come in as a "HOT COORDINATOR" and have completely turned things around for said team.

Cowher is a good coach, but you hit the nail right on the head.

People need to get off the Cowher or Bust bandwagon, or they are going to be highly disappointed

YEAH A COMPETE FAILURE UNTIL PEYTON MANNING WAS HIS COACH!. i guess the colts coach this year should go right into the hall of fame

The Colts and Manning where losers before Dungy took over in 2002.

Dungy has 1 losing season his entire coaching career and that includes his days in Tampa Bay.

How do you expect fans to react given our history?

Retread Head Coaches:

Jauron - Failure

Phillips - Playoffs

Levy - 4 Super Bowls

Knox - Playoffs

Saban - AFL championships

Coordinators or position coaches who were first time NFL head coaches given the job:

Greggo - Failure

Mularkey - Failure

Bullough - Failure

Stephenson - Failure

Ringo - Failure

Since Saban's second stint, the Bills have had 10 head coaches. 0% of the coordinators have made the playoffs. 80% of the retreads have made the playoffs. Give me the retread any day of the week.

Cowher is like 20yrs younger then those guys bro.

I do agree with some of your points....Cowher only the one superbowl and us Bills fans think he walks on water. I think its his style/swagger that we all want so much.

As far as hot cooridnater see Mularkey and Williams.

YEAH A COMPETE FAILURE UNTIL PEYTON MANNING WAS HIS COACH!. i guess the colts coach this year should go right into the hall of fame

He turned Tampa from a loser into a playoff team and keep in mind Indy was 6-10 the season before he arrived.

I guess Payton wasn't coaching to well before Tony got there.