Peter King on coaching search

silvermike

How in the hell can Leslie Frazier be ahead of 2 stealth meetings with Bill Cowher.......Peter King is a moron!

I think it is more or less understood that there is a List A and a List B with one of the lists consisting solely of Cowher and the other list consisting of the rest. Frazier would, at this point, be the leader of the list of the rest.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope whoever they hire as coach blew them away with his interview. What do you want them to hire, a guy with no vision or an inability to express his vision for the job? Come on now. This is ridiculous.

I'm just pointing out that the words used to describe him are the same. Do you think GW was a success here?

Bill Cowher's legacy in Pittsburgh:

1992 - 11-5

1993 - 9-7

1994 - 12-4

1995 - 11-5 (AFC Champions)

1996 - 10-6

1997 - 11-5

1998 - 7-9

1999 - 6-10

2000 - 9-7

2001 - 13-3

2002 - 10-5-1

2003 - 6-10

2004 - 15-1

2005 - 11-5 (Superbowl Champions)

2006 - 8-8

You guys wouldn't take this? And keep in mind he NEVER had a franchise QB to carry the team. He had to deal with Neal O'Donnell, Cordell Stewart, and then Ben Roethlisberger as a rookie (when they won the Superbowl).

I'm sorry, but I don't think we're overrating Cowher. His teams are disciplined, hard-nosed, prepared, and hard to beat. Even in an off year, nobody wanted to face Pittsburgh with Cowher at the helm. You knew you'd be in for a war, even if you snuck out with a win.

...and...

He has shown a TERRIFIC record for picking coordinators. He hired Dick Lebeau, Ken Wisenhunt, and Mike Tomlin.

What he said. :D