Is Schoebel retiring or is he just sick of losing?

Somebody of Bills Zone said they heard Schoebel put his house in OP up for sale. Aaron may think he's lost a step but he did not have a bad year. He'd probably play better if he had some actual talent around him. I'm wondering if Schoebel would consider a trade to a contending team if the Bills can get a decent pick in return? Thoughts?

If you really wanna play some poker, how about trading Marshawn too, and maybe even franchising T.O. to hold somebody up for some picks? We could really use some extra 2's and 3's.

PTR

I heard Bruce Smith say that once your thinking about retiring you are already retired......

I think he will call it quits, he realizes this is a rebuilding team and they are about to blow it all up, which is a good thing.

He had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in the game that week after the comments came out. The losing is wearing thin but he also is a very prideful player who feels like he is not the player was. There were also comments that he maybe wanted to go back to Texas to raise his family. So maybe you could make a deal with one of the Texas teams.

I have a ton of respect for Schobel and never got the hate (in fact, I think it is borderline stupid). A 2nd round pick who is 2nd in Bills' history in sacks and is willing to walk away from a lot of money. He is the type of player you don't apperciate until he is gone. Hopefully, we hire a coach that can inspire Schobel to remain here because we're a lot better defense with him than without.

Aaron spoke about many factors in his decision to retire or not. Losing was a factor but his home situation was more of a factor. He said that his kids are getting to the point where moving them around to different schools pending on where he is isn't good for them. He said he wouldn't spend 9 months of the year away from his family.

Not a big fan. He defintely has talent, but is the farthest thing from a team leader you will find. Also, not a very hard worker and will never show up for something even remotely voluntary. Could be better and more consistent if he ever actually worked at it. Take his talent and give it to a player like Keslay and you would have a superstar. Can't imagine he will be working any harder in the off-season if he is thinking about retiring.

Saw Schobel's wife the other day, I didn't talk to her but a friend of mine did. He told her that he hoped Schobel wasn't retiring, that we like having him on the team etc. She responded by telling my friend that Schobel is all but officially done, that they are moving the family out, selling the house etc.

While I think this may be a somewhat of a ploy to get sent out of town, I think that if that's what he wanted then nobody would've heard a word of it. He's one of the most private players we've had in WNY in a while and its just not his style to gripe to the media for no reason. IMO he is just waiting to see what direction we are going at HC before he announces a final decision.

He is a good player who was never top 5 at his position but has always been much more of an asset than a liability. I, for one, hope we have him in the lineup next year.