If we need an "established" QB.....

Assume for the sake of this thread that we do not get one of the top 3 QB's in this draft....and let's say the new HC wants an established QB (whoever that HC may be!)...Where do we go? I like Vick but may be dreaming.

Fitz????

Maybe a veteran to bridge the gap until we find the QB of the future?

Vick? With a new HC, new system etc....T.O. does another year.....skill positions looking pretty solid and big play potential all over. The right OC is key.

Seattle in the 5-Hole is interesting....Let's say they go QB...I think Hasselbeck still has a couple of good years left in the tank as a starter. Seattle needs to rebuild...Hasselbeck needs a new environment

FREE AGENTS

Orton - Denver keeps him

Jason Campbell - Not sure what to make of him, not a proven commodity enough to spend $ on.

Chad Pennington - great leader, great mind...bad arm...coming off surgery, 34 y.o.

Tarvaris Jackson - Minny will most likely retain him...no telling what Farve does with or without a SB ring. Showed a lot of potential 08/09.

Kellen Clemens - no thanks, I'll take Trent over him.

Out of the rest....the only one I would look at is Carr...could be had cheap, hungry to be a starter again and is an upgrade to what we have.

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (35)

Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (29)

David Carr, New York Giants (31)

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs (27)

Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (33)

Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (30)

Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (31)

Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (37)

Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers (26) – Restricted FA

Chris Redman, Atlanta Falcons (33)

Brett Ratliff, Cleveland Browns (25) – Exclusive Rights FA

Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) – Restricted FA

Assume for the sake of this thread that we do not get one of the top 3 QB's in this draft....and let's say the new HC wants an established QB (whoever that HC may be!)...Where do we go? I like Vick but may be dreaming.

Fitz????

Maybe a veteran to bridge the gap until we find the QB of the future?

Vick? With a new HC, new system etc....T.O. does another year.....skill positions looking pretty solid and big play potential all over. The right OC is key.

Seattle in the 5-Hole is interesting....Let's say they go QB...I think Hasselbeck still has a couple of good years left in the tank as a starter. Seattle needs to rebuild...Hasselbeck needs a new environment

FREE AGENTS

Orton - Denver keeps him

Jason Campbell - Not sure what to make of him, not a proven commodity enough to spend $ on.

Chad Pennington - great leader, great mind...bad arm...coming off surgery, 34 y.o.

Tarvaris Jackson - Minny will most likely retain him...no telling what Farve does with or without a SB ring. Showed a lot of potential 08/09.

Kellen Clemens - no thanks, I'll take Trent over him.

Out of the rest....the only one I would look at is Carr...could be had cheap, hungry to be a starter again and is an upgrade to what we have.

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (35)

Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (29)

David Carr, New York Giants (31)

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs (27)

Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (33)

Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (30)

Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (31)

Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (37)

Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers (26) – Restricted FAChris Redman, Atlanta Falcons (33)

Brett Ratliff, Cleveland Browns (25) – Exclusive Rights FA

Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) – Restricted FA

I liked what I saw of him this year. Don't know anything about him, or what the compensation would be to sign him. Any feedback?

How about Philly's Kolb for Lynch (former ProBowler - Philly needs a RB with Westbrook's health problems) and a 3rd this year and a conditional 4th next year.

Then we draft the best available OT in the first and Best available WR DT or LB in the second

Sign some workmen level LB's and DTs in FA

***there, I just fixed the Bills***

I just thought about this but why not talk to Minnesota about possibly trading for Sage Rosenfels. I know that the Vikings traded for him last year but with Favre there for another year, the possibility of drafting a QB to replace him, and Tavaris Jackson there he might be available and he would be better then probably everyone on that list outside of Moore.

How about Philly's Kolb for Lynch (former ProBowler - Philly needs a RB with Westbrook's health problems) and a 3rd this year and a conditional 4th next year.

Then we draft the best available OT in the first and Best available WR DT or LB in the second

not bad

Hmmm i like that idea

Let's see... Trade away a pro bowl RB, a 3rd round pick this year, a conditional 4th rounder next year, for a mystery backup QB?! :w00t:

I like the thought, but:

I'd say the Eagles already have their starting RB (McCoy) whom I'd bet they like better than our troubled friend, Marshawn.

And...I'd also say McNabb is gone from Philly before Kolb.

Let's see... Trade away a pro bowl RB, a 3rd round pick this year, a conditional 4th rounder next year, for a mystery backup QB?! :w00t:

G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

2009 Philadelphia 5 88.9 62 96 64.6 741 148.2 7.7 4 3

A QB who has been groomed for 3 years and Threw for over 300yrds in his last 2 games. And is WAY better then anybody on the BILLS

For a running back who was benched and is one speeding ticket away from a 1 year hiatus and 2 draft picks

G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

2009 Philadelphia 5 88.9 62 96 64.6 741 148.2 7.7 4 3

A QB who has been groomed for 3 years and Threw for over 300yrds in his last 2 games. And is WAY better then anybody on the BILLS

For a running back who was benched and is one speeding ticket away from a 1 year hiatus and 2 draft picks

Totally agree with you....we will be lucky to get anything for Lynch.

Then we draft the best available OT in the first

This is where the Bills went completely wrong. They failed to step up to the plate and pay Peters like the proven LT that he was. By far the best lineman they had, Pro Bowler, who they wouldn't give $50 million to. Now they're going to take the best OL available with their 1st round pick and be FORCED to give HUGE CASH to an unproven 22-year old, probably after a lengthy hold out. Nice move fellahs.

This is where the Bills went completely wrong. They failed to step up to the plate and pay Peters like the proven LT that he was. By far the best lineman they had, Pro Bowler, who they wouldn't give $50 million to. Now they're going to take the best OL available with their 1st round pick and be FORCED to give HUGE CASH to an unproven 22-year old, probably after a lengthy hold out. Nice move fellahs.

Water under the bridge - With a new management team and new coach we should all take this chance to look too the future and not dwell on the past.