Looking more like Billick everyday

VABills

It's more like going to the bar. The hot chick maybe who you want to go home with, but if you can get a decent chick right away go for it. Makes it a little easier to have fun and enjoy they night. if you wait too long, you may wind up wind up with the really ugly wart faced whale.

:lol: :lol:

I think someone should register that here as a username.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Shan...p-80796127.html

Speculating that no matter what happens with Dallas, Wade is sticking there. Says Billick is pushing real hard for the Bills gig.

I guess we could do worse, and if he brings a solid set of coordinators we should be playoff bound in 2 seasons.

The part of this post that stands out to me is "if he brings a solid set of coordinators." We all keep starting/responding to posts about who our next H.C. should be. And H.C. that can hire good coordinators is fine with me. Obviously, great coordinators would jump on Cowher's coattails in a heart beat. Would they for Billick? I'm thinking they might. That's the key, here ... how attractive are the coordinator positions going to be, what proven coordinators are looking for work ... or what former head coaches, who used to be good coordinators are looking for work? Hmmm ...

It's more like going to the bar. The hot chick maybe who you want to go home with, but if you can get a decent chick right away go for it. Makes it a little easier to have fun and enjoy they night. if you wait too long, you may wind up wind up with the really ugly wart faced whale.

Hey! I made the same analogy this morning.

Unfortunately, I think Billick may BE the wart faced whale. Could be wrong, but until I see the Bills or another team actually bring him in to interview for anything (head coach or coordinator), my guess is Billick isn't very highly regarded around the league.

Sounds like my prom night all over again.

Well, if you said "Who would want to go to the prom with that girl" over the school loudspeaker, it might be clear to you why she isn't calling you for a date the week before the big night.

Billick is a smart guy and he knows his stuff. His achilles heel seemed to be evaulating QB's.

I hope he has learned from the past. I like the fact that he is not intimidated by the task in front of him. Cowher seems as thought he may be some what intimidated. When I hear things like he would like to have security in the QB position. He doesn't come off like Parcells that jumped at the opportunity to rebuild a 1-15 Dolphins team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Billick in the role.

I don't want Marty's kid Brian...not at HC anyway.

How about Billick at HC, Martz at OC and Crennel at DC.

The most impressive feature is that his teams have always remained tough and competative *despite* quarterbacks not working out. Give him Losman or some other miss and you are looking at 8-8 or 9-7 and a wildcard appearance, instead of another long hopeless 7-9 season.

As to the poster who called him an arrogant turd, sure - you rarely become an NFL coach otherwise. What makes him different - and IMO interesting - is that he doesn't keep it inside. He's not afraid to call out stupid questions, which rubs many in the media the wrong way. And he is one of the few coaches who occasionally offers real insight instead of spouting empty cliches lest opponents learn something. In the DC area, his post-game interviews with the Ravens were about the only ones I could ever be bothered to listen to; Gibbs and the Redskins were death-by-boredom in comparison.

Billick is a smart guy and he knows his stuff. His achilles heel seemed to be evaulating QB's.

I hope he has learned from the past. I like the fact that he is not intimidated by the task in front of him. Cowher seems as thought he may be some what intimidated. When I hear things like he would like to have security in the QB position. He doesn't come off like Parcells that jumped at the opportunity to rebuild a 1-15 Dolphins team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Billick in the role.

I don't want Marty's kid Brian...not at HC anyway.

How about Billick at HC, Martz at OC and Crennel at DC.

How about Marty as HC

Weis as OC

Mangini as DC (assuming he is let go by the Browns)