TO presser Monday

zazie

Threw no-one including Buffalo, under the bus.

Did mention that Jason Peters trade was 'unfortunate'.

Other than that, total pro, and positive about the team and Buffalo.

So wait. TO is praised for acting like a good teammate like the rest of the players in the NFL??? Why does he deserve credit for this. He got $6.5 million for going half assed and bite his tongue to get positive PR.

TO brought some spoltlight to Buffalo but I don't why he gets props for acting like a grown up for once in his life.

Yeah, he knew that he had to show that he could be a team player and not be a "cancer" in the locker room. Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron almost sent him over the edge, but he knew being good while in Buffalo would get him out of Buffalo.

Someone better will take a bet on him next year and he'll probably have a few more playoff appearances before retiring. Maybe he'll even manage to get that SB ring.

I don't expect him to be back, but he was interesting to watch in an otherwise forgettable season. He was fun during stoppages at the Ralph, too... dancing for the crowd, etc. It was nice knowin' ya, TO!

So wait. TO is praised for acting like a good teammate like the rest of the players in the NFL??? Why does he deserve credit for this. He got $6.5 million for going half assed and bite his tongue to get positive PR.

TO brought some spoltlight to Buffalo but I don't why he gets props for acting like a grown up for once in his life.

Sorry, I forgot that we aren't allowed to think anything positive about T.O. around here.

Why can't we give the guy credit where credit is due?

I think has grown to really appreciate Buffalo. I think some people go too far with the notion that he calculates every move. You forget that he has emotions and that he acts on them, for better or worse. I do think that he has become a better person and it has really shown this year. I have to admit, I thought he was a jackass when he threw Mcnabb under the bus for throwing up during the final drive in the superbowl. It was ridiculous and personally, I would love to have a quarterback who will play even when sick or hurt. But, since then, he has grown on me and I have come to like the guy. I truly think that he has been heartfelt in his comments about Buffalo as a city, and as a football team. A great example was him running around the stadium at the end of the game. He did it for the people and it was awesome to watch on t.v. But a better, less noticed moment came during the Falcons game. After the interception on the attempt to Owens in the endzone, he was shown giving Brohm a pat on the back and some encouraging words. It was a great moment and it showed that he cared. He wasn't doing that for the cameras, but rather because he wants the team to get better. I think he has come to realize what this team means to the city and how special that relationship is. He's a spiritual guy and i think he appreciates that it's a sacred bond. Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt and stop questioning the sincerity of his every word and deed.

I was reacting to others previous dire assessments of how TO would react.

He gets no more credit than anyone else. But, he gets no LESS credit either.

Anyway I liked what he had to wsay.

WHER CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE HATS????

...But a better, less noticed moment came during the Falcons game. After the interception on the attempt to Owens in the endzone, he was shown giving Brohm a pat on the back and some encouraging words. It was a great moment and it showed that he cared. He wasn't doing that for the cameras, but rather because he wants the team to get better....

Uh oh. Now you done it.

As said above TO being a normal teammate does deserve some note as there has been immediate and seemingly relentless speculation from the moment that he signed that TO was gonna be a cancer for this team.

This rant grew from initial speculation of what would happen for sure before he even came to town, predictions that he would pull a prima donna number and skip voluntary practices and all sorts of wild stories that he only came here out of desperation cause he got no other offers (maybe true but how does any media type know for sure) or that even his initial comments were showing his true negative stripes even before he arrived.

When all of this was shown to be simple speculation, folks hopped on him not coming back for the second voluntary session (only to have it turn out he had officially been excused and was in Philly to receive and award for various humanitarian actions and a long scheduled visit to a hospital.

Frankly, TO being normal is worth mentioning as all this preliminary speculation based on some legitimate interpretations of the fights he had a definite part in (and likely caused in many cases) in SF, Ph, and Dallas completely ignored the fact that a cancer has to first become a favorite to half the locker room and half the fans before he could even become a cancer.

Anyone with half a brain (or even a quarter of a brain) should have seen it coming from a mile away that TO was gonna be great his first year of a new contract if only to set the table for him to be a cancer.

The one year contract the Bills signed him to virtually guaranteed good behavior.

The fact that he was at the end of his career and wanted one more big contract virtually guaranteed that TO was going to be a model Bill all the time he was here.

He was.

This was the case even though the pathetic Noffense we mounted with the OC fired a couple of weeks before the start of the season and an anemic offense that cost his his consecutive game with catches record did not inspire a negative rant from TO.

Not only is him ending his year here being normal worth a mention, but quite frankly he is owed an apology by all who declared his signing a disaster because of how he was guaranteed to divide the Bills.

i have no problem with him. he did what was asked by occupying the opponent's best cover guy, week in and week out. it's not his fault the oline couldnt protect the qb, and lee evans couldnt beat the #2 guy for whatever reason. w/ to gone evans is back to getting the top cover guy, which means he'll be even less productive next year

Threw no-one including Buffalo, under the bus.

Did mention that Jason Peters trade was 'unfortunate'.

Other than that, total pro, and positive about the team and Buffalo.

I thought he was a good citizen and teammate as well. However, he did say they need a QB at that presser, didn't he? (Although, who wouldn't agree with that?)

I thought he was a good citizen and teammate as well. However, he did say they need a QB at that presser, didn't he? (Although, who wouldn't agree with that?)

it was a more than fair assessent; clearly, we need a qb.

What is he supposed to say, Trent is excellent and can't wait to see what trent can do next year?