How the coaches were let go

zdro22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches weren't fired. They were told to clean out their offices and look for work elsewhere, but they're still under contract with the Bills. If the new coach wants to keep them, and they want to be kept/haven't found other work, they'll be back.

When I read the Bills' release, I thought about dropping in here to ask someone else to translate it to English for me. Well, yeah, of course they've completed their obligations for the 2009 season. Like Lance Briggs said to the Chicago beat guys when he walked away from them today, "Season's over."

yes, talk about obtuse. While they certainly have some successes, the Bills PR is a joke most of the time. I'm sure RW is difficult to convince about how to make a splash, but Berchtold should be canned as part of a FO cleaning. The Nix PC, and this? They can do better than him.

With all due respect, who cares how they were fired. As long as they are out of One Bills Drive, I'm cool with that. Let me repeat what I wrote yesterday in a post: 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 in the last four years. I'm glad that they are all fired. Buddy Nix should have said "The free ride is over gentlemen, pack your you know what and get the heck out of this stadium."

yes, talk about obtuse. While they certainly have some successes, the Bills PR is a joke most of the time. I'm sure RW is difficult to convince about how to make a splash, but Berchtold should be canned as part of a FO cleaning. The Nix PC, and this? They can do better than him.

Do you really think Berchtold would put Ralph in front of a microphone if he had a choice? Go the retirement home and grab a random 90 + year old and start talking PR strategy with him. Let me know how that goes. Amazing.

does anyone really care if they were fired or "released as a courtesy?"

I don't care. Personally I feel for those who were fired. No one ever likes to be let go, no one ever likes to see someone lose their job. Yes, we all know that change had to happen with the Bills. Let's hope no one is overly cheering for people losing their jobs... just wish them well.

Just a thought:

Maybe the Bills were taking the high road and allowing the coaches to have some sort of dignity when speaking with the press or when looking for future employment.

I wasn't there, and neither was Glazer.

They all certainly deserved it.

I, too, am wondering what is taking Buddy so long to get rid of John Guy and Modrak.

Do you really think Berchtold would put Ralph in front of a microphone if he had a choice? Go the retirement home and grab a random 90 + year old and start talking PR strategy with him. Let me know how that goes. Amazing.

that's exactly what I'm saying. RW probably says "I'm going to say a few words, then I'll introduce Buddy" The point is more about professionalism.

Simple example -

Before they announced the PC, the Bills know for absolute certainty that there will a range of questions that Buddy can't (or shouldn't) answer. Solution? a handheld mic; tested, ready and waiting to be handed to RW, Brandon, Scott, or whomever.

Reality, they tried to get the podium mic (or something off-camera) to Ralph, and the audio was totally distorted for almost his entire response.

Maybe there's a good explanation for the mic, but the reality is that it comes across as amateur hour. Same as the Fox thing... unprofessional. Not about the mic or the past few days, it's what's happened for years...

way, way too early. not even sure we have all the candidates assembled yet, but i'll provide this quick list, in no particular order:

-- am hearing that Leslie Frazier is a very good candidate for any coaching job.

-- this Cowher thing is strange, and seems to sway back and forth between days that end with "D-A-Y."

-- is a Schottenheimer times 2 (Marty and Brian) a possibility, well they're both listed in my story today.

-- don't have any traction on Billick.

-- nothing coming up on Haslett front, which makes me wonder if that's dead in the water.

-- the McDermott thing kind of surprised me, don't know why.

-- Grimm's intriguing.

-- bills need a quarterback.

jw

As important as the HC

that's exactly what I'm saying. RW probably says "I'm going to say a few words, then I'll introduce Buddy" The point is more about professionalism.

Simple example -

Before they announced the PC, the Bills know for absolute certainty that there will a range of questions that Buddy can't (or shouldn't) answer. Solution? a handheld mic; tested, ready and waiting to be handed to RW, Brandon, Scott, or whomever.

Reality, they tried to get the podium mic (or something off-camera) to Ralph, and the audio was totally distorted for almost his entire response.

Maybe there's a good explanation for the mic, but the reality is that it comes across as amateur hour. Same as the Fox thing... unprofessional. Not about the mic or the past few days, it's what's happened for years...

Sorry for that. Just imagine how challenging those discussions are prepping for the press conference.

Just a thought:

Maybe the Bills were taking the high road and allowing the coaches to have some sort of dignity when speaking with the press or when looking for future employment.

I wasn't there, and neither was Glazer.

They all certainly deserved it.

I, too, am wondering what is taking Buddy so long to get rid of John Guy and Modrak.

:worthy: :worthy: :flirt::thumbsup:

though the AP backed off a little on the "firing," we still quoted the person familiar with the decisions as saying that the coaches were "fired."

jw

why the heck would they let April go? He was the one elite coach we had on the staff...