Schobel To Meet With Bills FO

Makes sense, primary reason Schobel wants to quit is he's lost his desire due to failure upon failure, he has more money then we'll ever see so why continue... Unless something/someone shows enough promise that he'll be conviced the turd of last decade can indeed be flushed.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...09-2bfdd43aebfd

Methinks they'll be able to convince Aaron to stick around for one more season.

Hopefully it is for more than one season, he is without a doubt, the best defensive player we have, he had an awesome season. He really bounced back from last years season which was pretty much lost to a nagging foot injury and had another double digit sack year.

Methinks he wants a trade...maybe to Houston or Dallas.

That article made me think of that, too. He stressed the travel back and forth to Texas as a major factor. I don't see him fitting in with Houston or Dallas, though. Dallas runs the 3-4 and already has a great defensive front seven. Houston has a good and very young defensive line as well. I hope they convince him to stay, but it would be better to get draft picks in a trade rather than lose him to retirement for nothing.

Houston would be a good fit actually, very close to his home, and a winning team.

What would they offer in trade though?

Houston has Mario Williams. They just drafted Connor Barwin with their second round pick this year, in addition to signing Antonio Smith to a 5 year $35 million contract. Those two combined for eight sacks with Mario Williams adding nine sacks from the other side. Their DE situation is set for years to come.

Just read the tidbit on buffalobills.com that Aaron Schobel will sit down with Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon later this offseason to discuss his future. This scenario is exactly what is wrong with the Bills. I would imagine sitting down with Ralph, and Russ (who to me is simply a Ralph schmoozer who has little football knowledge) isn't very inspiring to Schobel.

For the life of me, I was hoping Russ would be in control of things that had nothing to do with personnel and football decisions. I'm starting to believe that after his recent promotion to CEO and his closeness with Ralph, Russ will still have a say or at the very least be able to sway Ralph.

Russ Brandon IMO has no business making any football decisons with the Bills. The Bills have continually sucked and some would argue continue to get worse this entire decade, yet Brandon the weazel continues to work himself up the organization. He must be a great talker, or Ralph must be a total idiot. BTW does anyone know if he has any football knowledge or experience whatsoever?

Just read the tidbit on buffalobills.com that Aaron Schobel will sit down with Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon later this offseason to discuss his future. This scenario is exactly what is wrong with the Bills. I would imagine sitting down with Ralph, and Russ (who to me is simply a Ralph schmoozer who has little football knowledge) isn't very inspiring to Schobel.

For the life of me, I was hoping Russ would be in control of things that had nothing to do with personnel and football decisions. I'm starting to believe that after his recent promotion to CEO and his closeness with Ralph, Russ will still have a say or at the very least be able to sway Ralph.

Russ Brandon IMO has no business making any football decisons with the Bills. The Bills have continually sucked and some would argue continue to get worse this entire decade, yet Brandon the weazel continues to work himself up the organization. He must be a great talker, or Ralph must be a total idiot. BTW does anyone know if he has any football knowledge or experience whatsoever?

I have to agree. If this is true it doesn't make sense. If Schobel is going to have a sit-down meeting then it should be with Buddy Nix. I really hope things are spelled out clearly that Nix is really in charge of personnel. I like Brandon and think it's good to keep him in his new role, but I want Nix making ALL personnel decisions.

I have to agree. If this is true it doesn't make sense. If Schobel is going to have a sit-down meeting then it should be with Buddy Nix. I really hope things are spelled out clearly that Nix is really in charge of personnel. I like Brandon and think it's good to keep him in his new role, but I want Nix making ALL personnel decisions.

I like Brandon if his responsibiltites are to contact Verizon or Time Warner about buying a block of 2,000 tickets to avoid a blackout. I like Brandon if he creates a marketing ploy, buy a jersey, get a free ticket, to ensure a sellout. I DO NOT LIKE Russ Brandon have anything to do with assembling the players and staff of the Buffalo Bills. Unfortunately, the news that he will be present for the meeting with Schobel indicates to me that Ralph has once again just reshuffled the titles of some guys to try and trick the average fan into thinking things have changed.

The reality of the situation is this: Ralph has now given Russ Brandon 3 promotions this decade, a decade in which the Bills failed to qualify for the playoffs. A decade in which Bills fans have been treated to utter incompetence and a putrid product on the field. This past year was by far the least exciting Buffalo Bills season I have experineced in my life. I would love for someone in the Buffalo media to actually ask what Russ Brandon's specific role is with this team. Like I said, if it involves any football decsions, it's an absolute joke.