Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

Just watched the 12:00 sportscenter and Schefter said his sources say Cowher to go back to CBS. He and Mort were very delicate in saying that even though Wilson has shown he is finally willing to spend money that Cowher is in the end going to hold out for a better position.

Don't kill the messenger just repeating Schefter and Mort. Schefter generally is pretty right on with his sources as compared to Mort and others guessing.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the 12:00 sportscenter and Schefter said his sources say Cowher to go back to CBS. He and Mort were very delicate in saying that even though Wilson has shown he is finally willing to spend money that Cowher is in the end going to hold out for a better position.

Don't kill the messenger just repeating Schefter and Mort. Schefter generally is pretty right on with his sources as compared to Mort and others guessing.

So we offered the money but he doesn't want to coach here. So be it. I will say it is really bad when guys like him absolutely do not want to be here considering the money we are going to spend on the next HC.

So we offered the money but he doesn't want to coach here. So be it. I will say it is really bad when guys like him absolutely do not want to be here considering the money we are going to spend on the next HC.

I'm not saying yet it's a done deal that Cowher isn't coming here because no one knows until he or the Bills say so. But what makes you and others think it's a matter of throwing enough money at someone in his position? He was well paid by the steelers, and continues to be well paid by CBS. He certainly is not desperate for money by any stretch of the imagination. Just because you or I might live hand to mouth does not mean the same rules apply to someone in Cowhers position.

He turned down the Jets and the Redskins last year too.

im shocked, why would he put a staff together after the bills meetings, and then decide not to coach.... all reports were that he was going to coach this year..... idk i still think we have a shot, shefter and mort have been wrong on cowher for about 5 times....

You should be shocked...and disappointed. I think the only rational response at this point is for you to never post on this message board again until Cowher comes to his senses.

I am disappointed - but not the least bit suprised.

im shocked, why would he put a staff together after the bills meetings, and then decide not to coach.... all reports were that he was going to coach this year..... idk i still think we have a shot, shefter and mort have been wrong on cowher for about 5 times....

What time is the press conference tomorrow? The only people convinced he is coming are Kelly and Thurman. The little woman wanted out of Pittsburgh - I don't see Buffalo making her too happy. And frankly that is a big factor.

Don't worry, the Bills are closing in on Brian Schottenheimer or Cameron!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe between them they have one more victory combined as head coach than I do? Very similar to my career NFL sack totals compared to Aaron Maybin.