Buffalo vs Indianapolis - 2010 Ice Bowl

rockpile

If Manning, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne played the whole game, it may have been a loss today. Except for Manning’s interception, they owned the Bills.

Marshawn Lynch seems like he has just lost his desire to play. He and Roscoe Parrish are really disappointing and should be considered expendable if this cannot be corrected.

Dear Ralph: do whatever you must to keep Fred Jackson – he showed he was unwilling to be stopped. After he surpassed 200 yards for the game and 1,000 yards for the season, he has surely proven his worth. He is the first 200 rusher in one game since Thurman in 1990!

Also see what you can do to keep Schobel from retiring or leaving Buffalo.

Fitzpatrick badly overthrew Owens early in the game and Evans near the end of the third quarter;I think it was a combination of not compensating for the wind carrying the ball and the receivers not being as fast in a blizzard to chase the ball down.

He placed the ball perfectly on Owens TD. If Fitzpatrick could be consistently THAT good the Bills would finally have their QB. Unfortunately he is erratic and his big numbers today were put up against the Colts “scrubs”.

I do not know how some players could be out there in short sleeves. Even worse, as the game progressed more and more fans took off their shirts to get on camera. As one guy stood there looking like a flabby fool, the man next to me said “looking at *that* reminds me why I keep MY shirt on. LOL

I was on the Jumbotron twice today (with shirt on). We had Jay Rubeo’s seats, so they were probably looking for his son, Ben.

This is the most snow I have personally experienced at a Bills football game, since the Bengals played Buffalo at the Rockpile and Greg Cook was the QB!

It was a blizzard! Large tractors with brushes cleaned the snow white field to temporarily make it green again at half time. For the rest of the game they just shoveled the yard lines manually, and the tractors cleaned only the end zones and hash marks between the goal posts, the length of the field.

There was a good crowd that thinned out after the half and as the game continued. Me and Babyrock stayed to the end. This was the only game we had together this year.

I was bothered a bit when the Bills were booed for going for (and getting) field goals on 4th down instead of trying for a first down. Duh.

Postscript: I just made it in the door (7:30 or so) when I got a call from Babyrock. She was driving home separately since she spent Saturday in Buffalo, and my car was at Jay’s in Pittsford. Coming off the Thruway onto the 590 she could not steer her car. I do not know if the wheels locked or a part broke. That ramp was not that icy to cause her to just spin out, but she crashed into a guard rail, did a 360, and slid off the ramp. Parts of her car from headlights to front end and bumper littered the roadside, but thank God she was totally unharmed.

Her car is in a shop but she is home safe in bed now.

Life is a carnival <sigh>.

This is the most snow I have personally experienced at a Bills football game, since the Bengals played Buffalo at the Rockpile and Greg Cook was the QB!

I was at that game! Great memories.

Good synopsis, thanks! Glad the 'little woman' is fine.

I dont know if it was just me but i wanted to run on the field dive and slide the 15-20 yards. Blizzard games are always amazing. My personal fav was against Miami a few years back when you could see barely anything.

BILLS UNDEFEATED IN 2010!!!

That sucks about Nikki's car, but VERY glad she's OK. Maybe it means she's stay in Rochester a while longer :rolleyes:

Yeah, cars can be replaced. Nikki is unique. She was aready scheduled to remain in Rochester until the 11th. We will see what happens with car repairs. Unless the frame is messed up or something like that, they would repair it, I think. The "crash" did not set off the air bag (speed was not an issue), so I hope it is just matter of a lot of plastic chit was broken.

It is a 2006 Civic, book about $12K.

Oh and FYI for others the "little woman" in this case is my daughter, LOL!