Today marks the end of the Marv Levy redux era

History has not looked upon the returning of Marv Levy favorably. However, with the sunrise tomorrow there is a new chapter about to be written for the Bills. Like all of you I am very hopeful that out of the ashes of the past decade a better and improved team will emerge. I have been accused by many on this board of being very negative over the past year. I was but in my opinion I had good reason to be.

That is history. I now look forward to what Buddy Nix and staff will do. The Bills have the best fans of any NFL team. They deserve far better than they have received. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

History has not looked upon the returning of Marv Levy favorably. However, with the sunrise tomorrow there is a new chapter about to be written for the Bills. Like all of you I am very hopeful that out of the ashes of the past decade a better and improved team will emerge. I have been accused by many on this board of being very negative over the past year. I was but in my opinion I had good reason to be.

That is history. I now look forward to what Buddy Nix and staff will do. The Bills have the best fans of any NFL team. They deserve far better than they have received. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I always was a big fan of Marv's but his tenure as GM was not a good one. Hiring Dick Jauron was his worst move by far. Like Jim Kelly said in his interview, this is the time to build the Bills into a decade team. Let's hope we land Cowher and see Nix & Cowher transform this team into a powerhouse again. Go Bills in 2010!!!

I always was a big fan of Marv's but his tenure as GM was not a good one. Hiring Dick Jauron was his worst move by far. Like Jim Kelly said in his interview, this is the time to build the Bills into a decade team. Let's hope we land Cowher and see Nix & Cowher transform this team into a powerhouse again. Go Bills in 2010!!!

I am a huge Marv fan. I was happy but apprehensive to see him become the GM. I never felt that it was a good move for him and he even made statements about wanting to coach again shortly after taking the GM job. Overall I would have to say his tenure was not a good one and moves made in his era have set us back. But that is an old topic that has been covered a lot.

The whole management by comittee (Marv, Brandon and Ralph) and the "inner circle" are bad ways to run an organization in my opinion. It was always difficult to determine who was accountable for what at OBD.

The current organization is still confusing but maybe that will clear up in the next few weeks.

Not a successful tenure, but again it was only two years. His tenure was better than his predecessor so we are actually going in the right direction. Keep getting better than the person before you. I am very encouraged by Nix and think his philosophy is better. If he was in charge of the '06 draft do you think he picks Ngata or Whitner?

Every regime really has failed b/c we do not have legitimate QBs.

Ralph reached into the future with Donahoe and how did that work out? Going with Nix is going with the past as well....a very successful past so let's hope it works. I think Buddy sees the big picture of building a team in Buffalo

No one can declare an end to the Levy era, just like no one can erase the utter draft futility of 04-05 (save for Evans). The mark both TD (to a lesser degree) and Levy in 06-07 (EDIT: left) isn't going away that quickly. Not getting top starters in 06-07 will continue hurting the team for the next few years, particularly the first rounders.

As for going in the right direction, I suppose improving from 5-11 in 05 under Donahoe to 6-10 in 09 with the Levy/Brandon built team is progress. Of course, that's a one win departure from 06-08 when darling Dick led the Bills to 7-9 records.

I am a huge Marv fan. I was happy but apprehensive to see him become the GM. I never felt that it was a good move for him and he even made statements about wanting to coach again shortly after taking the GM job. Overall I would have to say his tenure was not a good one and moves made in his era have set us back. But that is an old topic that has been covered a lot.

The whole management by comittee (Marv, Brandon and Ralph) and the "inner circle" are bad ways to run an organization in my opinion. It was always difficult to determine who was accountable for what at OBD.

The current organization is still confusing but maybe that will clear up in the next few weeks.

Marv Levy was a great coach and he was one of the reasons why I became a Bill fan in the 1980's but I agree his

tenure as a GM was awful. The inner circle gave me the impression that they sort of lived in the past and naming

Jauron as head coach and being that patient with him ruined the second half of 2008 and the first half of 2009.

I like Nix's attitude but let's wait and see if words turn into action. 6-10 is no disaster and the rebuilding process

could go in the right direction provided the RIGHT coach is in place. Thanks for the memories MR. Levy but 2010

has to be the start of a new era.

Ralph reached into the future with Donahoe and how did that work out? Going with Nix is going with the past as well....a very successful past so let's hope it works. I think Buddy sees the big picture of building a team in Buffalo

The problem with Buffalo is that we are always looking in the past. Unless it's a guy named Polian, no one from the Bills past should be allowed through the front doors of OBD. We need a new culture of winning, not a no huddle version.

Marv set this team back YEARS with his draft picks, free agents, Coaches and that damn Tampon 2 he wanted installed. We really need to cut bait with more of his draft picks, time to clean the roster