Could be gone:

- Fitzpartick

- Brohm

- Lynch

- Whitner

- Scott

- Bell

Parrish, Lynch, Hardy, McCargo, Whitner, Youboty, Steve Johnson

I am hoping we can coax Schobel into not retiring and bring back TO. Much as I have railed on TO in the past, I think with a good QB and OL, the Evans-TO combination will be explosive.

There aren't going to be that many changes. IMO, Reed, Chambers, Scott, TO, Youboty, probably Edwards, Fine or Schoman, McKinney, Draft and possibly Mitchell, will be gone.

There will be some depth Fa signings and possibly one big one (Nix drafted McNeil from the Chargers). The rest of the roster will be filled in with the draft. Nix said that he doesn't believe the team is that far off so I don't expect an overhaul like a lot of people. This is still a fairly young team.

With the injury to Welker, my guess is that NE interest in Josh Reed will heighten a lot. While there is no way to compare what Welker has done in the real world to what Reed would be able to do, beggars will not be choosers and I suspect Belicheck will be jonesing heavily for options of a possession receiver.

NE seemed to have good luck with Bills with WR chops and demonstrated ST talents with Sam Aiken and I will not be shocked to see NE seeing Reed as an option of interest for a similar role for them at least with a definite need for a possession WR as well.

With the injury to Welker, my guess is that NE interest in Josh Reed will heighten a lot. While there is no way to compare what Welker has done in the real world to what Reed would be able to do, beggars will not be choosers and I suspect Belicheck will be jonesing heavily for options of a possession receiver.

NE seemed to have good luck with Bills with WR chops and demonstrated ST talents with Sam Aiken and I will not be shocked to see NE seeing Reed as an option of interest for a similar role for them at least with a definite need for a possession WR as well.

There's a ton of undersized, slow, possession receivers with questionable hands out there. I liked Reed but I highly doubt he is going to be a highly sought after FA.

There's a ton of undersized, slow, possession receivers with questionable hands out there. I liked Reed but I highly doubt he is going to be a highly sought after FA.

That may well prove to be the case. It all depends upon what else is available. In the absence of other specific names being suggested I focus my calculations on the positives Reed brings (which go hand in hand with the negatives we Bills fans tend to focus on as part of the death by a thousand cuts we have had over the past decade).

My sense is that a legend in his own mind like Belichek makes a calculation that he can get production out of and inspire and control players like no else in the league can (I think unfortunately this has actually proven true at the WR position where he has in fact demonstrated an impermanent ability to get outstanding production from a talent like Moss while keeping him under control and also get incredible production out of Welker when his previous team had judged him expendable.

Reed strikes me as in some ways fitting the MO of a player who is not a superstar talent, but has shown definite skills which got him the Biletnikoff award as the best WR in college ball his senior year and produced a very good rookie year for the Bills as he feasted off of the distraction the Moulds/Peerless duo offered Bills opponents.

Reed failed miserably his sophomore year as the Bills gave him the starters' opportunity but he developed a pretty clearly mental case causing severe droppsies.

Since that failure, Reed has ridden a solid rep as one of the brighter Bills minds to be a fairly studly at times 3rd down possession guy.

It would not surprise me if he turned out to be just the type of player who a change of scenery offered good benefits for his play and production. I think he is done as a Bill (particularly after a bad drop a game or so ago for the Bills on an endzone play) and I hope if he can reclaim some remnants from what is left of his playing time he does this for some NFC team rather than following the Aiken model to NE.

Sure things:

- Roscoe Parrish

- John McCargo

Probably gone:

- Josh Reed

Possibly gone:

- Edwards

- TO

- Schoebel

Could be gone:

- Fitzpartick

- Brohm

- Lynch

- Whitner

- Scott

- Bell

I don't know. Nix indicated that he is a proponent of "competition". He believes that a team should bring in lots of players to create the sort of competitive atmosphere that weeds out those that don't fit. He also believes in building thru the draft, and filling holes with mid priced FA's. That being said... I can see the team focusing on building up draft picks this year...a blockbuster trade would not surprise me. Such as... Lee Evans for a 2 and 5. Oakland, Seattle, even Baltimore could be good suitors.

Whitner and Scott do not make me think GONE.. same with Edwards and Brohm.. If Nix is true to his word, and the HC whom he hires is on the same page, I think the QB situation will NOT be decided until a solid OL is established and each guy given a fair chance to play with a good line.

GONE... McCargo... I think it is safe to say that he is a bust.

GONE... TO he should have never been signed in the first place

GONE... Denney. Whomever the new coach is will NOT want such a mediocre player on his team

GONE.... OL with the exception of Levitre and Wood (if he comes back) everyone else...HISTORY

GONE.... LB's all of them... Ok keep POZ that's it.

I really like the idea that the Bills could switch to a 3-4. Maybin would be a great fit a OLB ... I think I would bring Mitchell in for a look see to play the other inside, and draft an OLB, Weatherspoon or McClain.

I'd keep Scott.. thought he had a decent season, AND shown a lot of team commitment moving to LB... a position where he was CLEARLY overmatched.