Carucci: Bills / Cowher meeting was not substantive

Me too. And if by some miracles of miracles they land Cowher, I would feel very good about the possibility that there is some kind of "succession plan" in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I don't think that Cowher would sign on to be the coach of a team that he thought stood a chance of moving as soon as the 91 year old owner passes from the scene. (Either that or Cowher is convinced that after Ralph is gone the Bills will relocate to Carolina to be closer to Cowher's wife and daughter.)

My theory -- THEORY --- pure fantasy speculation -- based on no facts, no source -- that if a deal was to get done with Cowher is that Cowher would get some % ownership stake in the team (2-3%).

Under this method,

-Ralph/Littmann could potentially limit Cowher's cash compensation to below 8 digits (i.e., below the $10M+ figure that was thrown around in the media regarding Shanahan)

-induces Cowher to think about the long-term value of the team

-gives Cowher significant upside by participating financially from the auction price after Ralph's death

-if the new owner moves the Bills to Los Angeles or another market that increases franchise value further, Cowher shares in the franshise value's appreciation.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG AGAIN, THE STEALTH MEETING WAS THE 3RD TIME. once after they met with shanahan, 2nd 3 weeks ago, and then the stealth meeting..........

get over it, cowher is coming to buffalo on tues....

What was reported in the media was that Cowher REFUSED to meet with them after Shanahan, and it was unspoken that that meeting would have made him essentially compete against Shanny, and he wasn't willing to do that.

Personally, I don't believe anyone who says they have inside knowledge, because for every guy who actually does, there are 20 on these boards who claim they do. Until you build up a track record, I'll believe it when I see it. Now, if it happens Tuesday, that would be the beginning of a track record. If it doesn't, that would be the beginning of a very different kind of track record.

"meeting was not substantive".......thats laughable........did they share chicken wing recipes ??.......ralph wilson and russ brandon get on a plane and meet with cowher last week in secrecy, when cowher claims he is NOT talking to ANYONE before the season ends is substantial.

"meeting not substantive" is code for "we did everything but talk/agree about money". you can bet they talkled about Nix's role and how that would effect Cowhers control/influence over personnel decisions, they reassured him on a succession plan in the event ralph passes, they probably mentioned all the CAP space we will have, told him he has total say over assistant coaches, the bills made it clear he is wanted, cowher made it clear he is "impressed and interested".

that my friends is substantive !!

This is so funny looking at threads about how substantial Vic Carrucci is. He is some dork with a comb over. whom works for NFL.com Get back to your lives and quit giving a crap about a reporter anyways. I'm sure something will happen tomorrow that will make everyone here excited. It's called the offseason. Thankfully, it's here. We don't have Dick Jauron. Thats reason to celebrate.

back to my point......

"meeting was not substantive".......thats laughable........did they share chicken wing recipes ??.......ralph wilson and russ brandon get on a plane and meet with cowher last week in secrecy, when cowher claims he is NOT talking to ANYONE before the season ends is substantial.

"meeting not substantive" is code for "we did everything but talk/agree about money". you can bet they talkled about Nix's role and how that would effect Cowhers control/influence over personnel decisions, they reassured him on a succession plan in the event ralph passes, they probably mentioned all the CAP space we will have, told him he has total say over assistant coaches, the bills made it clear he is wanted, cowher made it clear he is "impressed and interested".

today Perry Fewell gets to make his case to Nix, why the "interim" tag should become head coach. The bills are clearly looking past fewell.

This is so funny looking at threads about how substantial Vic Carrucci is. He is some dork with a comb over. whom works for NFL.com Get back to your lives and quit giving a crap about a reporter anyways. I'm sure something will happen tomorrow that will make everyone here excited. It's called the offseason. Thankfully, it's here. We don't have Dick Jauron. Thats reason to celebrate.

Since you're a fan of Jim Kelly, you should probably know that Vic Carucci ghostwrote his "autobiography," Armed and Dangerous. He knows a lot more than any of us about the Bills.

People like you get away with peddling such nonsense on these blogs

There's nonsense on blogs, but the "media" aren't any better. They are often as wrong as they are right.

Vic is one of my favorite writers, but he also said no way Ralph fires Dick Jauron during the season.

Since you're a fan of Jim Kelly, you should probably know that Vic Carucci ghostwrote his "autobiography," Armed and Dangerous. He knows a lot more than any of us about the Bills.

Just because I'm a fan of Jim Kelly, doesn't mean I live or die by his choices. Plus, both tasks differ from each other. Reporting news flashes differs from writing a book. Yes he can write a good book, but he usually waits for a breaking news story to break before he ads his two cents. If I need a credible report, I look to Adam Schefter